Found Deceased IL - Kevin Narko, 52, Chicago, 30 Jan 2017

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Kevin Narko was last seen Monday at 7 p.m. near the lakefront between North and Fullerton avenues. He is described as a white man standing 6 feet tall and weighing 175 pounds. He has gray hair and blue eyes.

He was last seen wearing a dark blue sweatshirt with the word “Yale”on the front, dark jogging pants and bright green shoes.

356x200

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...from-north-side-lakefront-20170131-story.html

Biglaw partner for 15 years, so he must have been fairly well off. I actually worked at the same place as he did at the same time, but don't recall ever meeting him.

This time of year, the running paths by the lake can get pretty desolate at night. Whatever happened, it may not be that easy to find witnesses.

There are some posts online stating they think his profession may have gotten him into trouble. It is a thought. However, it appears that he was more into the business side of things (civil/class action). So, not really sounding like that would be the case. It is strange though that someone would go jogging in the "evening". Jogging anywhere in the dark is risky, but Chicago????

I live in Chicago, and indeed used to live right off North Avenue Beach. That particular area is where many of the wealthy in the city live; it's beautiful, and relatively safe even at night since police patrol there constantly. As you get closer to Fullerton Avenue, if there are high waves on the lake one could easily be swept into it along that particular path - and, there is virtually no way to get back out since it's a literal wall, not a sandy area. This time of the year when the water is 35 degrees you'd last less than a minute before passing out and then dying from hypothermia. But, there's not that many other places to disappear around that area other than into the lake or the Lincoln Park Lagoon. The woods are sparse this time of year, and the area is so incredibly popular with joggers, cyclists, walkers, etc that a body in the woods would easily be seen.

There are some posts online stating they think his profession may have gotten him into trouble. It is a thought. However, it appears that he was more into the business side of things (civil/class action). So, not really sounding like that would be the case. It is strange though that someone would go jogging in the "evening". Jogging anywhere in the dark is risky, but Chicago????

It looks like Kevin left biglaw about 5 years ago and started his own firm. I can't really find much about what kind of work he was doing with his firm. He doesn't seem to even have had a website. Which by itself is odd if his practice was at all active. He would have easily had enough money to retire based on his previous career though.

I walk around by the lake by myself at night in Chicago frequently, and never really feel unsafe. It can feel a bit isolated during the winter though. But by itself, jogging by the lake along north avenue beach at night is not a particularly risky activity.

I live in Chicago, and indeed used to live right off North Avenue Beach. That particular area is where many of the wealthy in the city live; it's beautiful, and relatively safe even at night since police patrol there constantly. As you get closer to Fullerton Avenue, if there are high waves on the lake one could easily be swept into it along that particular path - and, there is virtually no way to get back out since it's a literal wall, not a sandy area. This time of the year when the water is 35 degrees you'd last less than a minute before passing out and then dying from hypothermia. But, there's not that many other places to disappear around that area other than into the lake or the Lincoln Park Lagoon. The woods are sparse this time of year, and the area is so incredibly popular with joggers, cyclists, walkers, etc that a body in the woods would easily be seen.

If he somehow ended up in the lake, I wonder how long it would typically take them to find the body. They apparently did a few days searching without uncovering anything.

Found this posted at http://www.ignatius.org/about/school-news :

[h=2]Please Help Support the Narko Family[/h]
[FONT=&quot]Kevin Narko, father of Brendan ’16, went missing on January 30, 2017 while jogging near North Avenue Beach. Narko is 6 feet tall and about 175 pounds, with gray hair and blue eyes. He was last seen between North Avenue Beach and Fullerton avenues near the lake wearing a navy "Yale" sweatshirt, dark jogging pants and bright green running shoes. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Anyone with information is asked to call detectives at 312-747-8380.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Fish Fry Proceeds Will Go to the Narko Family
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The Narko family are members of St. Clement Parish. Proceeds from the parish’s fish fry on March 3 will go to the Narko family and our school community is encouraged to attend. Please see the fish fry advertisement below. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
MAJOR AREAS OF NEED[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Care for Special Needs Son[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Beginning in early March, the Narko family will be looking to hire someone with special needs experience to help care for their special needs son who is 20 years old. Saturdays & Sundays from 7am-9:30pm. Please contact Maggie Hanley at 773-281-0371 or[/FONT] [email]mhanley@clement.org[/email][FONT=&quot] if you or someone you know can help. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Transportation[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mrs. Narko suffers from multiple sclerosis and cannot drive. We are looking to create a group of contacts that she could call upon if she needs to be driven somewhere. Please contact Maggie Hanley at 773-281-0371 or [/FONT]mhanley@clement.org[FONT=&quot] if you or someone you know can help. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Internship in Chicago for Brendan ’16
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Brenden Narko ’16 is a freshman in college and is hoping to find a summer internship in Chicago, so he can be here to support his family. We are looking for leads on internships in the areas of history, human rights, international relations, etc. Any connections or leads at Chicago museums, historical societies, etc. would be appreciated. Please contact Maggie Hanley at 773-281-0371 or [/FONT]mhanley@clement.org[FONT=&quot] if you or someone you know can help. [/FONT]

Still not found. Apparently Kevin was jogging with his son when Kevin started feeling ill. Kevin sent his son for help and was never seen again. I imagine he ended up in the water, although it's hard to see how somebody goes from feeling ill to falling in the lake.

Sad situation. Wife has severe ms, son has severe autism.

https://www..com/DillonNarkoFamilyTragedy

Not reporting the autistic son was out with him jogging I guess to protect the son.

Ruled accidental: http://abc7chicago.com/news/family-...er-disappearance-facing-new-struggle/1806661/

I find it odd that he would send his son to physically get help if he was having a heart attack. Why not just call 911? Also odd that he fell in the water during the heart attack. I've read that severely autistic people can be prone to fits of rage/violence. I doubt we'll ever know any more here. Really sad case.

Ruled accidental: http://abc7chicago.com/news/family-...er-disappearance-facing-new-struggle/1806661/

I find it odd that he would send his son to physically get help if he was having a heart attack. Why not just call 911? Also odd that he fell in the water during the heart attack. I've read that severely autistic people can be prone to fits of rage/violence. I doubt we'll ever know any more here. Really sad case.

What a sad story and what a responsibility the recently graduated son is taking on. I wish them the best.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whocoulditbenow
Back