IL IL - Kimberly McClaskey, 17, London Mills, 16 June 1983

Bumping case up. NCMEC no longer carries Kimberly's case in their files since her body has been found and identified. This does not mean that the case has been solved, however. Has anyone heard anything about whether or not any suspects have been charged with her murder?

Any more information on convicted murderer Bill "The Hammer" Reinbold and his possible connection to her case?

When i saw Kimberly's picture posted. I instantly recognized her, but only from my high school year book. We attended the same school in Canton, IL. though she was about 3 years older than me. In my mind, i just assumed she graduated and moved on with her life. I NEVER knew she was killed. Kim has a younger sister named Brenda McClaskey who was 1 year younger than me and I shared some of the same classes with her. she was a nice person, but we seldomed talked to each other. I can only imagine how difficult it must have been for the McClaskey family to lose a daughter. I really don't know anything else to add to this thread. I was just surprised to learn of this horrible incident about someone i went to school with.

It would be interesting to find out who the father of the baby was, perhaps he was the killer

Kimberly Dawn McClaskey was born on June 15, 1966. 17 years later, on June 16, 1986 (some reports say June 14), she disappeared while hitchhiking along Route 116 just outside London Mills, IL, where she had been visiting her cousin, and heading back home to Canton, IL.

Kimberly was eight months pregnant, the result of an acquaintance rape by two teenage boys. Kimberly’s mother, Elizabeth Murphy of Canton, IL, recalled that her daughter was in good spirits before she went missing, leading her to believe she did not leave of her own free will. Kimberly’s clothing and wallet was found in the Spoon River near Indian Ford Bridge on London Mills/Avon blacktop by local fisherman who called Knox County. There was no sign of Kimberly.

In 1988, a young boy found a skull in the woods in Northwest Fulton County. Four years later, the boy turned over the skull to the authorities, who contacted a local archaeologist to help piece things together.

In Kimberly’s case, Alan Harn said the remains’ facial structure was unmistakably similar to the missing 17-year-old. But older DNA technology indicated the remains weren’t McClaskey’s. Typically, Harn said bones don’t lie. Instead, they mirror many aspects of a persons life, from diet to stress.

Although there are now new technologies like DNA, he said century old methods still apply. “With all these new methods, when it comes to the fact that you only have human skeleton remains, you go back to the basics,” Harn said.

Harn has helped police with several murders in central Illinois (HOI News, Peoria, IL).

Back in 1989, Kimberly’s mother’s husband, Spencer Murphy, received a typed written, unsigned note with a Peoria postmark that read, “Spencer, since they found out about who killed Mary Clark, ask about your stepdaughter in the same location”.

Authorities have long believed that William “the Hammer” Reinbold, a convicted murderer, killed Kimberly. Reinbold has a history of violence towards women. In 1970, he was convicted for stabbing a woman in Elgin & burglarizing a cosmetology school. Then in 1979 and 1980, he was convicted on several assaults after spraying or dousing women with chemicals. Finally in 1991, he was convicted of the 1988 beating death of 21 year-old Mary Clark in a laundromat in Farmington, IL.

LINK:

Kimberly McClaskey, who at the time was 8 months pregnant, was hitchhiking along a highway in July, 1983 and has not been seen since. : UnresolvedMysteries

William "The Hammer" Reinbold

January 26, 2019
Peoria Journal Star - Phil Luciano
The prosecutor left a phone message, saying he wanted to talk about William "The Hammer" Reinbold. It had to be one of two developments. He was either dead or somehow trying again to get out of prison. As long as Reinbold, 66, still draws a breath, he remains a public danger — such has been his uncanny knack with the law. As one state's attorney said years ago, "William Reinbold is a convicted murderer who needs to die in prison....

LINK:

Luciano: Convicted killer William Reinbold again tries to get out of prison

kimmcclaskey.jpg

Kimberly McClaskey, age 17

LINK:

Homicide---Kimberly McClaskey | In Memory of the Murdered and Missing

Kimberly Dawn McClaskey
BIRTH
15 Jun 1966
Peoria, Peoria County, Illinois, USA
DEATH unknown (probably 16 June 1983) age 17
BURIAL
White Chapel Memory Gardens
Canton, Fulton County, Illinois, USA

Kimberly Dawn McClaskey was missing for many years. Her remains were found in Fulton County, Ill., and were identified on Sept. 14, 2006, at the University of North Texas in Fort Worth, Texas. Her murder remains unsolved.

LINK:
Kimberly Dawn McClaskey (1966-Unknown) - Find A...

Last edited:
Donald Leroy EVANS
donald_leroy_evans_000.jpg

Donald Leroy Evans
Born July 5, 1957
Watervliet, Michigan
Died January 5, 1999 (aged 41)
Mississippi State Penitentiary, Mississippi
Cause of death Murder
Other names Don, Donny,
Criminal penalty Death penalty
Victims 3 confirmed - Claimed more than 70
Span of crimes
1985–1991

Donald Leroy Evans (born July 5, 1957) is an American serial killer who murdered more than 15 people from 1970 to 1991. He was discharged from the United States Marine Corps in 1970. He was known for sexually assaulting and brutally killing victims at parks and rest areas across 20 states. He was a drifter, a drug addict, a convicted rapist and a white supremacist.

In 1991, Donald Leroy Evans was arrested in Louisiana for the kidnapping of a ten year old girl. He confessed to the killing and led the authorities to the girl's body. He also confessed to killing more than 60 other people in over 20 different states.

Most of the murders and rapes took place at rest stops and public parks. The authorities were originally skeptical of Evan's claims, but many of his descriptions were perfect matches to unsolved cases across Florida and Illinois. He successfully escaped the Harrison County Jail, but was recaptured a short time later.

He was tried and convicted for the kidnapping, raping, strangulation, and murder of 10 year old Beatrice Routh in 1993. In 1995, Florida authorities tried and convicted Evans for the strangulation death of Ira Jean Smith. During the trial Evan's requested a name change to "Hi Hitler."

Donald Leroy Evans

Donald Leroy Evans claimed to have murdered Randy Sellers in Kentucky in 1980. He also claimed to have murdered Kimberly McClaskey in Illinois in 1983. At the time he was on death row in Florida and was under a separate death sentence in Mississippi.

Donald Leroy Evan's execution was never carried out. He was stabbed to death in 1999 by a fellow death row inmate at the Mississippi State Penitentiary.

LINKS:

American serial killer Donald Leroy EVANS

Donald Leroy Evans - Wikipedia

KY - KY - Randy Sellers, 17, Visalia, 16 Aug 1980

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members