GUILTY IL - Kristine Gilford, 35, pregnant, murdered, Villa Park, 26 May 2010

College of DuPage is the local junior college. Summer courses don't start until sometime in June. Most likely late June. Spring quarter is still in session.

Who knows what he meant by school. "school" could have been a metaphor in his own mind.

Either way, the guy is a . She could have been with her daughters father and not married to him. It doesn't mean they had a short relationship. Clearly they had a decent enough relationship if he is in his daughters life. We don't know anything about her past relationships, other than her relationship and marriage to the perp was short. That isn't any indication of how long she was with the 'ex' she was visiting or fled too when leaving her husband. Could very well be they remained on good terms after the relationship ended. We really don't know and should be cautious on speculating as Kristine is the victim here.

JMO

Another thought. 'School starts tomorrow' could have meant he was going to teach Kristine a lesson, hence his plan went into action including putting their home up for sale yesterday. Especially if it was listed with a realtor and not a FSBO.

JMO

Another thought. 'School starts tomorrow' could have meant he was going to teach Kristine a lesson, hence his plan went into action including putting their home up for sale yesterday. Especially if it was listed with a realtor and not a FSBO.

JMO

Earlier articles said he had been renting the home for about a year. Referring to a neighbor, speaking of Eric and his mom:
The woman believed the family had moved in about a year ago and said they were renters. http://www.wgntv.com/news/wgntv-villa-park-search-following-murder-may27,0,6020539.story
Where did the info come from that he put their house up for sale?

Earlier articles said he had been renting the home for about a year. Referring to a neighbor, speaking of Eric and his mom: Where did the info come from that he put their house up for sale?

I'm not sure if it is current, but veromi and other info (FB) show his mom living in Bolingbrook. I am not sure if she is currently in BB or DG.

http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/bense...atal-stabbing-of-pregnant-Downers-Grove-woman

From the above link:

He was renting a house at 4400 Douglas Road in Downers Grove. Neighbors, who wished to remain anonymous when interviewed Thursday, said Gilford lived with the woman and other relatives there.
“I never saw fighting or loud talking,” one neighbor said. “I feel so bad. Her daughter is motherless.”
A for-sale sign was posted at the home Wednesday, according to neighbors. Police officers have been stationed outside the house since after the murder, neighbors said.

Looks like the owners put the for-sale sign up Wednesday.

I wonder if the for sale sign went up before or after he was being sought for the questioning of his estranged wifes murder.

"I opened the back door and the little girl came up covered in blood...I grabbed her, she told me her ma got stabbed," Wood said. "And I walked further to the hallway and that's where I saw her ma laying on the floor. She was still conscious."
Wood said she found the woman lying on the floor between the front room and the hall of the first floor apartment.
"The police asked her who did it and she said it was my husband," Wood recalled. "That's all she really said."
The victim was having difficulty breathing, Wood said.
"She was fighting," Wood said. "She fought to get to that door and let that girl out."

So heartbreaking she fought so hard to get the door open for her daughter to go get help. I had wondered how her daughter knew the word stabbed at such a young age, but clearly she told her daughter to tell someone she was stabbed so they would rush over.

The focus of the manhunt for Gilford shifted this morning, when employees at the architectural firm alerted Fargo police about a suspicious SUV in their parking lot, Anderson said.
The charger was in a space reserved for employees, had its windows down, the keys in its ignition and damage to its dashboard, Anderson said. Police arrived on scene, ran the license plate, and discovered it was the auto tied to Gilford, Anderson said.
That triggered a search for Gilford that includes both patrol and investigative officers, who are canvassing the area where the car was found, as well as checking hotels, bus stations, Amtrak and airports--"everything that we can," Anderson said. Police do not know of any connection Gilford has to the city, Anderson said.
Gilford had not been located as of about 12:40 p.m., Anderson said

Both quotes from the following link. Full article at link:

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/05/pregnant-woman-fatally-stabbed-in-villa-park.html

Did the employees call Gilford's car in? It says they called in a "suspicious SUV." But the car he was driving isn't an SUV, according to the newspaper pics of it and the fact that it's a Charger.

I wonder what kind of damage it had to the dashboard. He might be completely crazed.

The description of Kristine's last act is heartwrenching. Where was the person she was visiting when the murder was happening?

Sorry these thoughts are so disconnected.

His fb page shows him in a recent picture with Recruit Training Command insignia that he could only have gotten if he'd been at that assignment long enough to get the badge. That means he's doing shore duty and is not assigned to a ship at this time. He's stationed either at Great Lakes RTC or at a recruiting station in the Chicago area.

You know more than I do I'm sure. But the reason I say 'scenario' is because sometimes, prior to a soldier/sailor deploying, they will be quick to marry. One of the reasons is that if the serviceman should get killed/die, the spouse will collect the insurance money. If the serviceman (who believes he is truly loved) returns home to find his/her spouse cheating, they can flip out.

I'm not saying this is what happened here, just imagining what could be as we don't know much yet.

Updated info on what is missing from car...

FARGO – Police continue to follow up on calls and tips stemming from a vehicle found this morning in downtown Fargo that authorities say may be linked to a case in Illinois in which a pregnant woman was stabbed to death on Wednesday.

Suspicion arose when employees discovered the keys inside of the vehicle and a stereo and GPS system torn out of the dash. A secretary called police about the vehicle, said Terry Stroh, the firm’s owner.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/279976/group/homepage/

Did the employees call Gilford's car in? It says they called in a "suspicious SUV." But the car he was driving isn't an SUV, according to the newspaper pics of it and the fact that it's a Charger.

I wonder what kind of damage it had to the dashboard. He might be completely crazed.

The description of Kristine's last act is heartwrenching. Where was the person she was visiting when the murder was happening?

Sorry these thoughts are so disconnected.

I think the SUV comment was probably the same 'poor reporting' we are so used to seeing with so many errors in the media based on the cases we sleuth.

A later post (after yours quoted above) describes the GPS being ripped from the dashboard.

If she was staying with a friend, I am assuming the friend ( or ex bf- who I will call a friend at this point ) was likely at work. This happened about 2-2:30pm so likely the friend was at work at that time.

Not many think EG will be found alive. Unless he rented a car, took a bus, or some other transportation and hightailed it up to Canada. Not sure how far it is from Fargo to the border.

From this article, it sounds as if she left EG and did not tell him where she went. I say this because he says Investigators told him they found her living at her abusive ex-boyfriend's - he posted this on May 22. Four days later he shows up there and kills her and their unborn baby. Too sad.

On the news now - still haven't found Gilbert.

Initially it appears that way, and I know you are a fellow Illinoisan. If you are familiar with DuPage Cty, I can see this type of scenario. She told him she was leaving. He was having none of it and reported her missing. DGPD finds out where she is and instead of just doing a standard well being check advising him she is OK but does not wish for her whereabouts to be known, they tell him she is at so and so's......

Clearly he must be the stalker type. How else would he know where her ex boyfriend lives? It would be normal for someone to know their spouses or SO's ex's names, but how many know where those ex's live?

hope that makes sense & JMO

He might know where the ex lives if the ex is the father of the child she was expecting, maybe she lived there too until they broke up...does not automatically make him a stalker, IMO...

She was carrying EG's child according to media articles previously posted.

A more detailed article from the Chicago Trib.

According to this article she had moved out of her home with Gilford three weeks ago.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-0528-mother-stabbed-20100527,0,2217804.story?page=1&utm_medium=feed&track=rss&utm_campaign=Feed%3A%20chicagotribune%2Fnews%2Flocal%20%28Chicago%20Tribune%20news%20-%20Local%20news%29&utm_source=feedburner

Snippets from the above article:

Authorities are declining to say precisely what occurred in the Villa Park apartment in the 300 block of North Ardmore Avenue before the stabbing. Wood said Kristine Gilford, who was five months' pregnant, and her daughter had been sharing the unit with Gilford's boyfriend for three weeks.

~and~

Eric Gilford, whom police describe as 6-foot-4 and 210 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes, is a steelworker first class who enlisted in the Navy in June 1997, the Navy's public affairs office said. His Facebook page states that he graduated from Conant High School in Hoffman Estates.
Police said Eric and Kristine Gilford were married in February and lived in a home in the 4400 block of Douglas Road in Downers Grove.

If the date stamped photos linked to one of Kristines photo sites (which I will will not link due to minor children being in the photo's) were the later part of February, the 22nd IIRC, and she moved out 3 weeks ago that was a pretty short marriage of appx 2 months.

Almost short enough for her to have had the marriage annulled - if that is possible while being pregnant.

What a terrible shame. I hope LE finds him soon before he hurts anyone else.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back