IL - Krystal Tobias, 9, & Laura Hobbs, 8, found dead in Zion park, 8 May 2005 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
golfmom said:
According to his police file, then-19-year-old Hobbs was wearing a pink bandana when he produced a wooden handle hunting knife and plunged the five-inch blade into his landlord's gut and then stated, according to witnesses, "I'm not going to stab you, I'm going to kill you." The victim lived.
:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :mad: :mad: :mad:
OMG!!!
Why was he allowed to EVER see the light of day again??!!?

IdahoMom said:
OMG!!!
Why was he allowed to EVER see the light of day again??!!?
That's what I've been saying for a long time...we are allowing these criminals (and not just sex offenders) TOO MANY CHANCES to reoffend....how many chances does one get before their violent crimes end in murder??!!!

Obviously too many :doh:

lady-eowyn said:
That's what I've been saying for a long time...we are allowing these criminals (and not just sex offenders) TOO MANY CHANCES to reoffend....how many chances does one get before their violent crimes end in murder??!!!

Obviously too many :doh:

His file was SIX INCHES THICK!

They get more chances than should be allowed. If you are a serial criminal, we don't want or need ya. As for the mom, who knows what goes on there.
I give him no passes, except straight to the death chamber.. When I heard about how he stabbed his own daughters eyes out. I was literally sick. Throw away the key and get rid of him... He is of no value to anyone...

Lauren said:
He is of no value to anyone...
Exactly!!! As are many of these repeat criminals...they offer nothing to society...in fact they do damage to society, and to me that is grounds for being locked up for life, especially if you continue to repeat, repeat, repeat....look at Couey...he had 24 priors!! I'm amazed when I go to my county sheriff's website and look up people and see how many priors they have. Then they serve a month or two and are back at it. Some start commiting their crimes almost as soon as they walk out of jail!!

lady-eowyn said:
Some start commiting their crimes almost as soon as they walk out of jail!!

Considering Hobbs just got out in April and by May he murdered two children I think you're onto something there.

I couldn't agree with ya'll more. There is so much wrong with our prison systems, its hard to know where to begin. I think this trash needs to head to death row, and the sooner the better.

golfmom said:
Considering Hobbs just got out in April and by May he murdered two children I think you're onto something there.
Dam straight!! I think our judicial system and corrections system needs an overhaul...I'm sick and tired of the creeps and criminals getting more consideration than our children and innocent citizens. Yes, this is a great country for the most part, but we are too lenient on criminals! Hobbs, given his past record and behavior should have NEVER been let out of jail, NEVER!! :furious:

lady-eowyn said:
Dam straight!! I think our judicial system and corrections system needs an overhaul...I'm sick and tired of the creeps and criminals getting more consideration than our children and innocent citizens. Yes, this is a great country for the most part, but we are too lenient on criminals! Hobbs, given his past record and behavior should have NEVER been let out of jail, NEVER!! :furious:

AMEN!!!!! However, once let out of jail, why was he allowed back near the children?????

I say make a day of it............... Why have them wait. If you are on death row get the chair or lethal injection... Why waste time?

Jeana (DP) said:
AMEN!!!!! However, once let out of jail, why was he allowed back near the children?????
That's something you will have to ask the mother...I have a feeling she has been abused by him in the past...why some women aren't strong enough to stand up and say NO, I haven't a clue. I think it has something to do with how their self esteem has eroded away.

And...I can't help but wonder what kind of childhood she had and what her father was like. Considering her father seemed to stand behind Hobbs (whether he still is or not I don't know) it almost seems like they "understood each other" I wonder if her father was abusive? I wonder if her parents encouraged her to take back Hobbs because it was the right thing to do. Some people seriously feel that people should work it out, or that the man should rule the roost with an iron fist. I've heard instances of parents encouraging a daughter to go back to an abusive husband...it makes NO sense to me and to many of us, but it does happen. Just speculation here....

lady-eowyn said:
That's something you will have to ask the mother...I have a feeling she has been abused by him in the past...why some women aren't strong enough to stand up and say NO, I haven't a clue. I think it has something to do with how their self esteem has eroded away.

And...I can't help but wonder what kind of childhood she had and what her father was like. Considering her father seemed to stand behind Hobbs (whether he still is or not I don't know) it almost seems like they "understood each other" I wonder if her father was abusive? I wonder if her parents encouraged her to take back Hobbs because it was the right thing to do. Some people seriously feel that people should work it out, or that the man should rule the roost with an iron fist. I've heard instances of parents encouraging a daughter to go back to an abusive husband...it makes NO sense to me and to many of us, but it does happen. Just speculation here....

Lady, I'd have to dig around to find it but I saw an article quoting a friend of the grandfather who said the grandfather was NOT thrilled to have Hobbs in his home ... In that article they said Sheila let him move in with them was she *loved* him.

golfmom said:
Lady, I'd have to dig around to find it but I saw an article quoting a friend of the grandfather who said the grandfather was NOT thrilled to have Hobbs in his home ... In that article they said Sheila let him move in with them was she *loved* him.
ah...well then...sounds like she was simply one of those low self esteem women who thinks she can do no better...I wish I could understand these women, but for the life of me I can't :banghead:

You wonder why they have no self esteem. Were they abused, are they on drugs or drink? Or are they just that stupid?

It is your divine right to protectthe lives of yourself and those of your offspring. Why people don't is so beyond me that I will never ever understand it..

:furious:

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/nation/11622829.htm

Yet Hollabaugh told investigators in Zion that when she found out Hobbs would be getting out of prison last month, she asked her parents, Arthur and Emily, if he could move in, Valko said.

Apparently, she allowed Hobbs into her family's home despite his violent background for one simple reason, Valko said: "She says she was in love with Jerry."
Police had not received any reports about domestic problems involving Hobbs since he came to Zion, Valko added.

A Department of Children and Family Services official arrived Wednesday afternoon to check in on the well-being of Sheila Hollabaugh's three other children, including a daughter from another relationship.

Helen Taylor, a longtime neighbor of the Hollabaughs, said Sheila Hollabaugh and her four children joined her parents last August.

Taylor, 68, said it appeared Arthur Hollabaugh, Sheila's father, was not pleased when Hobbs came to live with him.

Lauren said:
You wonder why they have no self esteem. Were they abused, are they on drugs or drink? Or are they just that stupid?
I think there can be numerous factors behind this...stemming from various types of abuse, depression....I don't think it's simply stupidity in most cases, but in some I'm sure stupidity even is a factor. Not everyone is as proactive about learning as some of us.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/4475623/detail.html?z=dp&dpswid=2265994&dppid=65172

The families of the two victims were already devastated by the girls' deaths, but on Wednesday they were overwhelmed as they listened to the details of Jerry Hobbs' confession.

NBC5's Mary Ann Ahern reported that she was seated next to Laura Hobbs' mother in the Lake County courtroom Wednesday.

"When the prosecutor started detailing the confession and she heard what had happened to her daughter," Ahern said, "it was too much for her. She left the courtroom."

NBC5's Amy Jacobson described a previously unseen side of Hobbs displayed in the courtroom Wednesday.

"The alleged cold-blooded killer seemed feeble," Jacobson said, "his voice shaking, his sobs almost uncontrollable as the gruesome details were read in court."

Thanks Golfmom for that link!

I think we should start one of those online petitions and send it to our elected officials, calling for a ONE STRIKE rule against these monsters!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB