IL IL - Lacey Gaines, 22, Justice, 7 Dec 2009

Who said the possessive ex bf and father of her child was ruled out? Is there a link, because I don't believe for a second he was ruled out. We've seen other cases where a person is supposedly ruled out and later that changes.

What is the current status of this case?

Just re-reading through the info gathered on this case and an observation.

There were reports of rigor mortis or seemingly pre-mature rigor mortis based on the possible time of death 3:30 pm - 7pm. It was a theory maybe Lacey was dead longer.

Another theory was a professional hit.

Just putting two and two together. As this was winter time in the Midwest. Someone could conceivably cranked the heat up or maybe innocently enough the heat was raised by Lacey (she was in a bra - maybe getting ready to shower some people raise the heat). But, could someone have killed her and attempted to throw off the time of death with a thermostat adjustment? Did they mentioned the temp? There were sliding doors, air leaks out easily. Just curious there have been cases where the exact opposite happens people crank up the A/C to throw off the ME and time of death.

As an outsider, true crime aficionado, these cold cases, where there are loads of circumstantial evidence and coincidental events leading up to a crime of murder can be a pain in an investigations behind. Where you can’t see the Forest for the trees, so to speak. Meaning, I would start looking at suspects unrelated to Lacey’s family, co-workers, etc and into random, crimes of opportunity. Could a serial predator or killer come off like a professional hit person if they were skilled, committed enough. I would look at maintenance people in general, vendors, contractors, snow removal, landscaping. Someone that from afar could watch, wait and pounce.

There was talk of DNA evidence. Obviously it didn’t match up to the persons of interest in this case. Which could mean someone they don’t yet have on file or maybe it was contaminated DNA. It went quiet or LE believes it to be pertinent to their case / investigation. Just seems a shame this went cold and so fast.

Hoping a fire is lit and the family gets some closure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back