IL IL - Lemont Twp, WhtFem 35-45 1174UFIL, UnkAge, Tattoos: ''Joe 64'' & ''Swe...'', Jul'79

Romulus

Reaction score
The Doe Network

No_Image_Available_female.jpg

Unidentified Female

Date of Discovery: July 13, 1979
Location of Discovery: Lemont Township, Cook County, Illinois
Estimated Date of Death: Unknown
State of Remains: Unknown
Cause of Death: Unknown
Physical Description

** Listed information is approximate

Estimated Age: Unknown
Race: White
Height: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Two tattoos on her chest: "Joe 64" and "Swe..."
Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown
Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown
Case History

The victim's body was located near 131st Street and Will Cook Road in the Tampier Lake Forest Preserve.
Investigating Agency(s)

If you have any information about this case please contact;Agency Name: Cook County Sheriff's Police Cold Case Homicide Unit
Agency Contact Person: Detective Ditusa or Detective McGuire
Agency Phone Number: 708-786-2586
Agency Case Number: Unknown
NCIC Case Number: N/A
NamUs Case Number: Not listed
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
Information Source(s)

Cook County Sheriff's Office Cold Case Unit

Doe Link

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1174ufil.html

The Doe Network

No_Image_Available_female.jpg

Unidentified Female

Date of Discovery: July 13, 1979
Location of Discovery: Lemont Township, Cook County, Illinois
Estimated Date of Death: Unknown
State of Remains: Unknown
Cause of Death: Unknown
Physical Description

** Listed information is approximate

Estimated Age: Unknown
Race: White
Height: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Two tattoos on her chest: "Joe 64" and "Swe..."
Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown
Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown
Case History

The victim's body was located near 131st Street and Will Cook Road in the Tampier Lake Forest Preserve.
Investigating Agency(s)

If you have any information about this case please contact;Agency Name: Cook County Sheriff's Police Cold Case Homicide Unit
Agency Contact Person: Detective Ditusa or Detective McGuire
Agency Phone Number: 708-786-2586
Agency Case Number: Unknown
NCIC Case Number: N/A
NamUs Case Number: Not listed
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
Information Source(s)

Cook County Sheriff's Office Cold Case Unit

Doe Link

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1174ufil.html

No DNA, no dental, no fingerprints. No identifiers and very, very little information.

I sent email at Sheriff for enter this case in Namus database! ;)

I looked in the Chicago Tribune archives and on July 20, 1979 p.39 they made mention of this case. They estimated her to be 35-45 years old and was allegedly strangled.

I looked in the Chicago Tribune archives and on July 20, 1979 p.39 they made mention of this case. They estimated her to be 35-45 years old and was allegedly strangled.

Thanks, post the link!

I'm a newbie so thanks for helping me out! I will post my sources.

I really hope LE can dig up more info on this case. It seems odd that there is no physical info other than tattoos available.

'SWE' Could mean Sweden.

'SWE' Could mean Sweden.

The way that looked to me ("SWE...") is that it's a partial word that begins with those letters. It could be "Sweden" or "Sweet" or many other things.

I'm glad that the CT article had some more info. I'm having trouble thinking that the remains were a state that they could make out (even partially) the tattoos, yet the only other thing they could determine is that she was a while female. But no estimated date of death, height/weight/age.

You may be right about the tattoo, looking back I see it is more likely an ellipsis. I agree about the other physical characteristics - there is readable tattoo but nothing on height, weight, hair color? Odd.

Could this be Judy Martins? She went missing from Ohio and her boyfriend's middle name is John. He killed another woman in Illinois

"I am still diligently researching William John Posey, Jr., who lived in Kent, Ohio at the time Judy disappeared. He was subsequently arrested for the murder of one woman in Illinois, and the kidnapping and assumed murder of a woman in Vermont (her body was never found). "

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?51675-OH-Judy-Martins-22-Kent-24-May-1978

Susan Marie Schultz?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1182dfwi.html

Her abandoned car was found in Chicago.

The Doe Network:
Case File 1182DFWI
SSchultz.jpg
Suzanne Marie Schultz
Missing since December 1, 1978 from Black Earth, Dane County, Wisconsin.
Classification: Lost, Injured, Missing

Vital Statistics

• [*]Date Of Birth: April 2, 1961
    [*]Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
    [*]Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6" (168 cm); 120 lbs (54 kg)
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Shoulder length brown hair; green eyes. Wears glasses.
    [*]Dentals: Available. She had five restorations done, rest of the teeth in good shape.
    [*]DNA: in CODIS
  • AKA: Sue, Susan

Circumstances of Disappearance
Schultz was last seen leaving her home in December of 1978. Her exact date of disappearance is unknown.
Schultz contacted her family on July 29, 1979 from Tampa, Florida, where she was believed to be staying with a male companion. She said that she would be returning home, but she failed to do so.
The vehicle in which she was traveling was later found abandoned in Chicago, Illinois.
Schultz has not been seen or heard from since.

Suzanne may not be viable. Doe network says the body was found July 13 1979 and she Suzanne contacted her family on July 29 1979.

I'm confused. If I understand this right and reading the tiny letters, because I don't have access without subscribing, this woman is identified. Or is this about somebody else, mentioned in this thread?

Aha, I found out that this article has two items. About an identified woman and this Jane Doe, according to the article not identified (but this was in 1979) I still find it strange that she is not mentioned in Namus and not on the Cook County website.

If she was estimated between 35 - 45 years, she would have been born between 1934 - 1944.

If the '64' in her tattoo is a representing a year where a significant event happened, this would be when she was between 20 - 30 yrs old. Could be anything, a marriage, the loss of a significant other (spouse, lover, child), birth of a son......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back