IL - Missing teen found after escaping 2 year captivity, Washington Park

Please stop trying to find this girl's name. I know we want to figure out the missing case BUT this young woman is the victim of a sexual assault and we will do her more harm than good, by posting her name all over our pages. Please think about her future and the future of her child and STOP trying to name her.

Thanks,

Salem

Spotlight on children has a thread on this, too, could you combine them, please?

Also, maybe originally he wasn't abusive. Maybe the situation just got worse and worse. Not really my opinion, but a possibility.

That is what I think, I think she knew this guy and this didn't start off as a kidnapping. JMO.

that is what is being said in the last article i read. she went there voluntarily and was not allowed to leave.

Thanks for this link with pics of those arrested.
Pic #9 of 9 struck me. I'm thinking about those 3 local children watching the SWAT arrest go down and wondering what is going on in their young minds about the things in this world today. The innocence of youth seems to be sadly fading. I hope they have positive influences that can help put things in perspective for them.

Thanks for this link with pics of those arrested.
Pic #9 of 9 struck me. I'm thinking about those 3 local children watching the SWAT arrest go down and wondering what is going on in their young minds about the things in this world today. The innocence of youth seems to be sadly fading. I hope they have positive influences that can help put things in perspective for them.

I agree - I hate seeing little children witness all the trouble in the world. I know washington park isn't a very good place - it is like east st louis and st louis. I bet they see awful things all the time.

Now, I looked at the child, too, and IMO it was hard to tell the race IMO. The little legs could have been tanned. Who knows? The race of the father could be different from the race of the mom. You could barely see the child.

Washington Park is a predominately Black community, she would have stood out like a sore thumb those times she got out of the house if she were not Black.
I'm just happy that she and her child are now safe and free.

Washington Park is a predominately Black community, she would have stood out like a sore thumb those times she got out of the house if she were not Black.I'm just happy that she and her child are now safe and free.

I agree

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-washington-park-abduction-20120824,0,786594.story

Initial evidence suggests that "some of the details are consistent with what the young lady is saying, and I think there's something to it." he said. "We're still trying to figure out what the heck is going on."

Clark said the teenager met the man socially "through someone else when they were partying, and a relationship built," eventually leading to her visit of his home about the time she was reported missing.

"When she (soon) decided to go back to her parents, he wouldn't allow it," Clark said.

He said the man's mother helped detain the young woman and helped falsify medical records when she bore her son in the first year of her captivity. The teen told investigators the man and his mother coerced her into using a false name when giving birth to conceal that she was under-aged, Clark said.

Three DAYS?! That child was in there for three DAYS after she escaped?

They are really, REALLY lucky the child wasn't killed. He easily could have killed the kid to hide the evidence and run.

This is why I would have a hard time running in that situation... would I be believed? Would they get back in time to save my child?

If this girl is telling the truth and loves her child... that must have been a horrific three days.

I found a girl missing from Berkeley, MO, which is in Saint Louis County. She was reported missing 12/30/08. Since she was reported missing the day before New Years Eve 2008, I can see how someone might think it had been officially recorded as 2009, (holiday and all). She would be 19 now.

Based upon what we know so far, I think this is the one. Since MSM has not released her name, I don't know if it is okay to post the full name. Her initials are SKC.

Here is a link to her info and pics:

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

The teen above went missing Dec 30, 2008. All reports on the teen that escaped states April 2010.

Jane covered the story tonight, and at one point there was video of a thin built, young black woman with a white shirt on and medium length hair. Not sure if this is the teen or not.

I can't find anything on a missing teen from St. Louis back in 2010.

Please stop trying to find this girl's name. I know we want to figure out the missing case BUT this young woman is the victim of a sexual assault and we will do her more harm than good, by posting her name all over our pages. Please think about her future and the future of her child and STOP trying to name her.

Thanks,

Salem

bumping this

Clark said the teenager met the man socially "through someone else when they were partying, and a relationship built," eventually leading to her visit of his home about the time she was reported missing.

So people knew she was in a relationship with this guy. She goes missing for 2 years and no one went to find him? They met while "partying", you can be sure he didn't stop partying just because he had a girlfriend/sex slave at home. He was out and about and TALKING and others had to KNOW she was there, or at least she had been there! People like this don't keep secrets, he likely told his friends all about the baby too.

I don't blame the police for being skeptical and checking things out before raiding the house.

Another question, if she checked into the hospital to give birth then who paid for that? I will assume the taxpayer did, who's identity was she using?

I don't blame police for being skeptical...but three days worth of skeptical? Yeah, yeah, bigger cases and all, but come on. Do they realize what he could have done to her and the kid in those three days? I'm sure they do now, but I'm curious how many people tried to report him for things in the past, and couldn't have their stories verified?

It's very odd that LE is not releasing the names of the man and his mother. I can understand not releasing the teen's name, but not the others.

Something is just off here and I hope it gets resolved soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrackingCrime
Back