IL IL - Molly Young, 21, Carbondale, 24 March 2012

Judge dismisses lawsuit in southern Illinois woman's death

A judge in southern Illinois has dismissed a wrongful death lawsuit brought by the family of a 21-year-old woman whose body was found in 2012 in the apartment of a police dispatcher she'd dated.

Authorities have said there isn't enough evidence to determine whether the gunshot wound to Molly Young's head was a suicide, homicide or accidental.

http://m.thesouthern.com/news/local...11e2-a53b-0019bb2963f4.html?mobile_touch=true

*Molly was by all accounts a troubled girl, and there were a "flurry" of text messages sent from her phone starting at 4:45 am or so till 5:45 on the day in question, including one that said she would shoot herself in the head.

However, I have a hard time buying this flurry of text messages about suicide right after she was summoned to Minton's house at 3 something am.

*his gun. She was shot in the left side of the head, but she is right handed.

*no prints on gun.

*blood spatter found several feet away from where the victim supposedly shot herself, next to Minton, while he lay asleep

Isn't it also within the realm of possibility the ex b.f. was the one who sent these messages?

Nov 8, 2017

Since Molly’s death, her father, Larry Young, has spent countless hours in his office going through evidence to prove that his daughter was murdered.

“She knows that I will never give up on this, and I will never give up. I have seen too much evidence of homicide, and the lack of ignoring a homicide. I will never give up. I am convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that my daughter was murdered,” said Young.

He claims his daughter’s case wasn’t handled correctly because Minton worked for the Carbondale Police Department.

“The only way to get justice now is to get publicity. It’s a sad state of affairs,” said Young.

“When I started this I thought victims had rights, whether there were charges filed or not. I thought they had the right to communicate with the prosecutors, they had the right to communicate with the investigators. I didn’t think they would meet you one time and say that’s it. I thought it would be ongoing communication,” said Young.
Molly Young’s 2012 death getting national attention

Nov 20, 2017
Records show that Minton was busted for DUI in 2012. He "parted ways" with the Carbondale police prior to a second arrest in 2013, the Carbondale Times reported.

Minton was still on probation at the time he was booked for the second DUI. That may be one reason the incident resulted in jail time: In November 2014, he was sentenced to two weeks in the county jail and twelve months of probation, the paper reported.

Yet just one month later, he was hired on St. Louis, where he remains today, three years later. He currently makes $31,304 as a fire dispatcher.

Richard Frank, the city's director of personnel, said he couldn't discuss anything related to any specific employee. However, he said that the city takes pride in its efforts to "ban the box." Prospective hires are not asked whether they've been convicted of a crime — and, if they disclose that they have, it's not necessarily a deal killer. That's true even if those crimes are recent.

"If a person had two DUIs in the last two years and shows me evidence that they've completed the recommended substance abuse treatment or taken other steps, I'd let them into the pool of candidates," Frank says.
Richie Minton Lawyered Up After Ex's Death — Then Got Hired by St. Louis Fire

I saw Molly's case on Crime Watch Daily today. I found what the roommate said to the dispatcher really weird.

Wes Romack: "Hi, we have a person at my living facility who we believe to be dead."

Who calls their home a living facility??? And even calling her just 'a person'. It makes it seem she is someone he doesn't even know. You'd think most people would say, "my roommate's girlfriend is not breathing... (Describe her condition)".

What the boyfriend said is also super alarming!

Dispatcher: 'OK, and is she not breathing at all?"

Richie Minton: "No, she, I woke up and she's covered in blood. She's overdosed. She bled out through her nose."

If you wake up and someone is covered in blood how are you going to conclude it was an overdose as if it is stated as fact? He said 'she's overdosed' Not 'I think she overdosed'. That is telling to me.

Sleeping through a gun shot? Waking up and assuming a very bloody death is a overdose? The not immediate call to 911? How the gun was used on her left side when she is right-handed? How the gun was found under her somehow? I suspect a police cover-up.

Crime Watch Daily investigates the controversial death of Molly Young

They did pass a law after her in 2016.

"Molly’s Law gives some wrongful death claimants more time to sue

Molly's Law gives plaintiffs more time to bring wrongful death cases that stem from some allegedly intentional and criminal conduct and allows disappointed FOIA requesters to ask the attorney general's office to review denials."

Molly's Law — The Transparency Project

The scratch marks on the boyfriend’s back and the excuse he gave for them made absolutely no sense but I’m struggling to deduce a motive for killing her. Also, if there had been a struggle of sorts between Molly and the boyfriend that resulted in his scratches I would think her body would’ve had some marks of its own as well but as far as we know it did not.

Very odd case IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back