IL IL - Rachel Mellon Skemp, 13, Bolingbrook, 31 Jan 1996

rachelinpink.jpg

http://www.rachelfind.com/Rachel1.htm

Remember Rachel at Rachel's Tree, 14 Years Anniv. Sunday Jan. 31, 2010 2pm at Wipfler Park, near Melissa and Rockhurst Intersection. T
If someone lives by this area, and is able to stop by and take a picture of Rachels Tree, and post it here for us to see, that would be very much appreciated. thank you in advance.

the walking the dog story, was his attempt to create a alibi by having a neighbor or someone to see him out at that time. and to create a window of opportunity for someone to come into the house and take the girl while he was out walking the dog......i believe he did walk that dog on that cold night, but not for the reasons he gave.......he did it just to say while he was out someone came in and took her........he killed her, he raped and murdered that child......he failed a lie detector test about her disappearance, and eventually they moved away....this is one of those cases, where i would love to see ALL THE FILES, all the pictures taken at the scene etc.
But that is not to be, and perhaps one will ever be allowed to see all the information obtained in the official police reports.
And it has sadden me on this case for a long long time. i will post all moo and speculation, but let there be no doubt, he did it.

ALL MOO AND SPECULATION ON MY PART, NOTHING FACTUAL OR FOR CERTAIN UNLESS OTHERWISE KNOWN TO BE.

I went to the same elementary and middle school she did, just 3 years after her. I took the same classes she did because I was in honors as well and had some books that had been hers. My music teacher showed me the video of her playing guitar (which is something our teacher did at the end of every quarter, let us sing/perform something we learned in class that quarter). You probably have seen pictures from the video.
I didn't know Rachel, as she disappeared just months before I moved to Bolingbrook, but this still bothers me.

On an unrelated note, I was friends with Stacy Peterson's sister in high school and Stacy and her rode my bus for a year. Stacy's last name was Peterson then but she was nice and extremely loving towards her sister.

I hope both of these women are brought home...SOON!

Last month marked the 14th anniversary of Rachels disappearance. I agree the step father looks guilty as hades. Who walks their dog for 30 minutes in 20 below zero wind chill factors? What dog wants to stay outside for 30 minutes in 20 below zero wind chill factors?

Anyone know what kind of dog they had?

They had a German Shepherd...

I can't access most of the articles in google archives for Rachel's case because they are pay per view.

I did snatch the address of the home though. Someone had asked for it upthread.

1702 Calla Drive (this is what I believe to be the address of where she went missing)

Also many of the links have broken over the years. Here is a sister forum on crime and missing persons that has a good many articles avaliable to read.

http://www.findmissingkids.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=243

I saw Rachel's flyer at our Wal-Mart here.
She is definitley still remembered.

Rachel kept a diary that police read after she vanished.
Her last entry read that her stepfather Vince kissed her and touched her inappropiatley.
It was also listed that Rachel called her grandmother the day before she vanished, which was unusual.
Vince (Rachel's stepfather) and Rachel's mother moved away afrom the area after Rachel vanished in 1996. Why would you move away from an area so soon when there's a chance your missing child could return there? So many parents stay years after years at their old homes and even keep the sam numbers!
After Rachel vanished, Vincent was found to have scratches all over his body, whcih he claims were from repairing his car. He has been considered a suspect for many years.

After reading all this myslef, I think he is as guilty as sin. It's unbelievable that the mother is standing by him, as he has a history of domestic violence and failed a lie detector test about Rachel's disappearance. It's unbelievable they still haven't tried him for murder.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mellon_rachel.html

Trying him without evidence means he can get an acquittal and then can't be tried if evidence or remains does surface.
Thanks for the address, I knew the general area of where they lived (behind an elementrary school called Tibbot) so I will have to go check it out. I know Stacy lived back there as well before she got married. She rode my bus but Rachel disappeared before I moved to the area and I was 3 years younger and ended up with all her teachers in middle school (I was in honors as well).

This month marks the 15th anniversary of Rachels disappearance.
Rachel you are not forgotten and greatly missed.

Many wonder why Stacy Peterson is on the Will County LE page but what about Rachel, a young pretty girl who went missing 15 years ago today, January 31, 1996 from Bolingbrook, IL?

Very little precious media surrounding this beautiful 15 year old who like Stacy, went missing from Bolingbrook, IL

Chicagos Chuck Goudie's investigative report, which is very similiar to what I caught on our local 6pm news.

This Intelligence Report looks at a case with one suspect and no charges.

Rachel Marie Mellon hasn't been seen since January 31, 1996. The happy, popular 13-year-old wasn't feeling well that day and stayed home from school. Her stepfather was the only other person in the house.

Jeff Skemp is Rachel's biological father.

"I still dream of Rachel coming home," said Skemp. "I'll probably never get that thought out of my mind, but realistically I don't think there is a lot of chance that Rachel is still alive but that doesn't mean we can't find her and get some justice for her."

"It's really kind of hard to understand where Vince is coming from, why he would be uncooperative, because I think he has something to hide," Skemp said. "He was the last person there and there are some other circumstances that kind of point in his direction. Unfortunately, it's all circumstantial. But I really can't understand why Amy acts the way she does. It's her daughter and she is trying to sweep it under the rug and forget about it."

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/iteam&id=7931314

Mr. Skemp, I hope we are able to assist in bringing your daughter the long overdue justice she and your family deserve. Please let us know how we can help.

So happy to finally see some MSM on Rachels case, which is so long overdue.

Bolingbrook Teen Rachel Mellon Now Missing 15 Years

For a long time, Rachel Mellon was Bolingbrook’s most notable missing person.

She’s not anymore, having lost that honor to Stacy Peterson, the fourth wife of retired Bolingbrook police officer Drew Peterson, who's been missing for more than two years.

Mellon would be 28 now; Jan. 31 is the 15th anniversary of her disappearance.

More: http://plainfield.patch.com/articles/bolingbrook-teen-rachel-mellon-now-missing-15-years-3

59216114.jpg

Bolingbrook girl's '96 disappearance still a mystery

Dad focuses on keeping her name in the public: 'Miracles do happen,' he says

Jeff Skemp still listens to the copy of Alanis Morissette's "Jagged Little Pill" that he pulled from his daughter's CD player the weekend after she disappeared 15 years ago.

"It's the only thing I have of Rachel's," he said from his Forest Park home.

Rachel Mellon was 13 on Jan. 31, 1996, the day she stayed home from school with her stepfather because of a sore throat. Her stepfather, Vince Mellon, had left the house in the 600 block of Melissa Drive to walk their dog while Rachel was napping. She was found missing from her bedroom later that day by a sibling. A blanket and pillows were also missing.

more here

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ing-bolingbrook-girl-20110205,0,7230676.story

The diary entry is disturbing. That speaks volumes. If he had molested her then he probably killed her. Who takes a dog for a walk with a wind chill of -20 below? I am a little disgusted the dumb mom still is married to him. I would leave my SO in a heartbeat if there was any suspicion he harmed my child. My take is he raped her, then killed her.

Airing right now on Nancy Grace America's Missing!!!

Rachel Mellon: Nancy Grace America's Missing

mellon-new-post.gif

13-year-old Rachel Mellon spent the day home from school with her stepfather on January 31, 1996. She had a sore throat. Her stepfather, Vincent Mellon, left the house while Rachel was taking a nap. When he returned she was gone.

Also gone were pillows from Rachel’s bedroom and a blue blanket. With freezing a temperature of 20 degrees below zero police do not believe Rachel left on her own. There was no forced entry to the home and the honor roll student’s coat, shoes and purse were all left behind. What happened to Rachel Mellon?

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/

not only did vince mellon say he left to walk the dog, but that the dog slipped out of his leash trying to chase a squirrel, so vince returned home with NO dog. A real estate appraiser found the dog wandering in the neighborhood and brought him home. I hope the bio-father continues to keep Rachel's story out there until <modsnip> Vince, along with his <modsnip> wife, is arrested, convicted <modsnip>

I read the circumstances of this girls disappearance and her stepdads story and I instantly knew something was not right. I have a dog, who I could walk for hours, except when its very cold. If its below 20 she doesn't want to be outside for more then a few minutes. Also she loves chasing squirrels and if its that cold out you aren't going to see any squirells. I see them all the time at the park near me where I walk my dog and even during the winter you will see them as long as its not very cold and minus twenty degrees is very cold. Then her blanket and pillow are missing but her coat is still there and its below twenty? Then the diary entry, all this raises my hinky meteor.

rachel had written in her diary that her stepfather had been molesting her. the stepfather did it....why is rachel's mther still with him and why has this case not been solved!?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back