GUILTY IL - Rebecca Bliefnick, 41, mom of 3, fatally shot, Quincy, Feb 2023 *estranged “Family Feud” husband charged*

The Bike-
  • Tim's cell data, according to Cowick, showed the Facebook user John Smith messaged to meet up with someone from Facebook Marketplace to buy a Schwinn bike. The prosecution showed a photo of a bike in Tim's garage. Facebook messages from the seller showed he was selling a Schwinn bike. A Schwinn bike was found about a half mile from Tim's house.
  • The jury heard about Facebook Marketplace purchases made through a John Smith account registered to Bliefnick’s iPhone. The purchases included bicycles bearing a strong resemblance to one found in his garage and another one found abandoned in an alley a block from the defendant’s home.
Thank you!

Multiple shell casings found in TB's home matched the 8 shell casings recovered from the crime scene. They came from a 9 mm gun which TB owned.
Is that the gun he took from her?

BBM- Literally!! Ted testified he carried water bottles & books to the bedroom upstairs for Becky, the night she was murdered. He helped her into bed, pulled the covers up and kissed her on the forehead. That was the last time he saw her alive ...

Becky was still weak from the surgery, Tim would have known this :(
What surgery had she had?

This man has no chance of being acquitted…
Rebecca was like a sitting duck though… I’ve been there and it’s terrifying. She did everything right to get away from him and not further anger him but he still did it… :(
I'm so sorry that you've 'been there' Mary. I'm glad you're still here with us, but it must be horrendous to relive situations like this.

I wish I could give you a real hug, but a virtual hug will have to do. Please take care.

Is that the gun he took from her?
Jones said Becky Bliefnick had purchased 9mm firearm while the two were married.

“She (Becky) wanted that gun back,” Jones said. She told her attorney she wanted it back because she was scared. Because she felt like she needed protection. Protection from the defendant. They didn’t agree about that gun either.”

13 days before Rebecca Bliefnick was found dead in her home, her estranged husband Timothy Bliefnick made a call to Quincy Police Department. He was under court order to return a 9mm handgun to Rebecca, and it appears this was his attempt to do so.

Records Supervisor Amanda Keck picked up the phone, and the man identified himself as Timothy Bliefnick. Keck accounts during her testimony that Bliefnick said he had a gun he needed to return to his soon-to-be ex-wife, however, he didn’t want to give it to her face-to-face.

During cross-examination by Casey Schnack, Keck said Bliefnick did not specify what gun it was that he had to return. Keck then transferred the phone call to Lt. Shannon Pilkington, who then took the stand.

Pilkington testified that Bliefnick said Rebecca finally had a way to safely conceal the gun by way of a gun safe. Pilkington then said he didn’t believe it was feasible for QPD to return the gun for him

I wonder what Tim's parents are thinking right about now. Do they support him? Are they ok with Becky being murdered? If not, I'd like to reach out to them and give them a hug. If they are, then....nevermind.

I have sons. I've often thought, as I've followed so many cases here, how would I react if one of my sons was suspected of murder? I believe that I would support my son, but also push them to take responsibility for their actions. I don't think I could live with myself otherwise and I don't believe that I would be true to my life lessons for my children, otherwise.

I'm sorry, but this case is just devastating to me.

ETA: so to be clear, I'd turn my son in. I've taught them that we all deserve consequences for our actions.
Yes, same feeling here. Following cases here, does put those thoughts into ones head.
I have concluded that my kids know exactly where I would stand and would expect them to know the same as you have expressed--- would turn them in. In many ways, I do feel I have raised "righteous" kids who totally understand right from wrong.

I just hope to never ever have to experience being in such a position.... ha!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK
Back