GUILTY IL - Ryon Smith, 6, beaten to death, Cahokia, 24 Dec 2005

Becba said:
My sentiments exactly.
I bet the younger child was his and that is why the older boy was beaten.
I wish everytime an adult hit a child they felt the pain themselves.
This is just horrendous. It makes me sick to my stomache.
I felt bad every time I ever punished my kids, even if it was just not letting them have tv. This guy is scum.
And I want to know how the little boys neighbors and teachers did not know anything was going on!
In today's story that Katherine Q posted, this info was revealed about the younger child but that's about it.

"Lohman called her mother Christmas Eve and told her that she couldn't make it to the family's Christmas dinner on Saturday because RonTre Simmons, her 20-month-old son, was sick."

There's a picture of Ryan in that story too,
who actually did look like a happy child at that point :(

PrayersForMaura said:
Oh my god... this is the first picture I've seen of the precious little boy and now I cry harder. WHAT a doll.
Every child is precious. How could she do this? For a man? :mad:

182466630336.jpg

courtesy of KTVI
Look at that sweet little face and those twinkling beautiful eyes! Now I need to go get yet another kleenex! That poor little baby....! I just want to hold him and tell him how much others do care about him and give him all the Christmas presents in the world under a big, shining Christmas tree and follow it up with the best Christmas dinner he's ever had. :(

Seems to me like the Grandmother should have noticed that Ryan was skinny back in Nov. He only weighed 34lbs.

Marie said:
Seems to me like the Grandmother should have noticed that Ryan was skinny back in Nov. He only weighed 34lbs.
I agree. I'm not buying the "she's a good mother" story. Sorry, but a good mother doesn't let someone else beat their child to death. It just doesn't happen. If this little boy always had everything he ever needed, according to the grandmother, then why were there no toys in the house? Don't give me the song and dance about how wonderful the mother was. She's just as guilty as he is. IMO

34 pounds for a six year old should definitely have been noticed..... although if he was being starved, he may have lost weight rapidly in a month.

That little guy only weighed a little over 35 pounds???? He was being abused for much longer than the night he was murdered. He's in the arms of the angels now, but how many more will follow?

Daisy said:
Look at that sweet little face and those twinkling beautiful eyes! Now I need to go get yet another kleenex! That poor little baby....! I just want to hold him and tell him how much others do care about him and give him all the Christmas presents in the world under a big, shining Christmas tree and follow it up with the best Christmas dinner he's ever had. :(
He was a beautiful boy! How sad that this happened. I'm furious now, the more I read. Gah.....someone should have noticed this was going on. Including the grandmother. The mother and the boyfriend both deserve the death penalty! :furious: :furious:

All I can say is this makes me feel physically sick- I just can't get over the evil in this world!! I hope the mom and her boyfriend get a taste of their own depraved medicine. :mad: :mad: :furious: :furious:

Jeana (DP) said:
That little guy only weighed a little over 35 pounds???? He was being abused for much longer than the night he was murdered. He's in the arms of the angels now, but how many more will follow?
unfortunately too many more will follow this little one. That's why I can only stand to visit this forum every so often...it's too disturbing. And it makes me feel helpless. As I type these words....no doubt some innocent child is cowering away from the fists of some hellish abuser.....

Sherry67 said:
unfortunately too many more will follow this little one. That's why I can only stand to visit this forum every so often...it's too disturbing. And it makes me feel helpless. As I type these words....no doubt some innocent child is cowering away from the fists of some hellish abuser.....
You're absolutely right, and that just makes me sick to my stomach to think about. I'm just appalled at what is going on behind closed doors these days, and feel completely helpless.

I hope that the mother and boyfriend get whats coming to them!!!:furious: and soon....i dont buy the good mother crap either....my son is 4 1/2 and he weighs 39 pnds, hes a stocky boy but not fat at all, hes what we call "healthy" this poor little guy didnt stand a chance, what a man to beat a child, hes a piece of crap!!!!!!!!!

michelle said:
I hope that the mother and boyfriend get whats coming to them!!!:furious: and soon....i dont buy the good mother crap either....my son is 4 1/2 and he weighs 39 pnds, hes a stocky boy but not fat at all, hes what we call "healthy" this poor little guy didnt stand a chance, what a man to beat a child, hes a piece of crap!!!!!!!!!
My little guy is only 3 and weighs in at 32 pounds. He's not heavy at all. He's not even stocky, he's just kinda tall. Both of these murderers were pieces of crap, IMO. I'm going to have to quit visiting this board today, I am so angry. :furious: :furious:

GreenEyedGirl said:
My little guy is only 3 and weighs in at 32 pounds. He's not heavy at all. He's not even stocky, he's just kinda tall. Both of these murderers were pieces of crap, IMO. I'm going to have to quit visiting this board today, I am so angry. :furious: :furious:
ohhhh, me too..........i am fired up......

IdahoMom said:
All I can say is this makes me feel physically sick- I just can't get over the evil in this world!! I hope the mom and her boyfriend get a taste of their own depraved medicine. :mad: :mad: :furious: :furious:
My thoughts exactly! I read all of the forums and try to keep up and still....I can't get over what people do to each other! That beautiful little boy! (Thank you for posting his pic Prayers, although it makes it much harder to bear!) I have got to go get another hankie....I will probably never forget this story.

michelle said:
ohhhh, me too..........i am fired up......
Me too. I am so going to write them a letter and mail it to them in their beautiful new home: JAIL. :furious:

PrayersForMaura said:
Me too. I am so going to write them a letter and mail it to them in their beautiful new home: JAIL. :furious:
I had to come back, couldn't stand it any longer. Let me know when you write that letter to them, I'll send one with ya!

Violence Was Way of Life Around Boy Beaten to Death

KSDK-Six year old Ryan Smith was found beaten to death in his Cahokia, Illinois home Christmas Day. Preliminary autopsy results indicate he may have been suffering abuse for several months before his death. It appears that violence was a threat that wound its way through the people in Ryan's life.

Ryan Smith's mother, 24-year-old Starr Lohman reportedly moved from St. Louis to Cahokia to escape violence at the hands of the father of Smith's younger brother. In April of this year, Lohman got an order of protection against that man, alleging he had dragged her into the home they shared and often struck her.

More: http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=90023

genthumb.ashx

Ryan Smith

I think his name is spelled Ryon with an "O". All these unique spellings these days, I can't keep up.

Anyway, the sweet little angel is now resting in peace.

Ryon Smith is laid to rest
After friends and family joined with strangers Friday to say goodbye to 6-year-old Ryon Smith, who was beaten to death in Cahokia over Christmas, Art Jackson stood outside the funeral home hoisting a sign for passing motorists to read.

More: http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/metroeast/story/CD565A2E789C692A862570E7006D4C97?OpenDocument
ryansmith29big.jpg

My heart just breaks for that beautiful little boy. At least he finally has peace, warmth and love and no one can ever hurt him again. Too bad he couldn't have had that on this earth. He SHOULD have. Rest in peace little Ryon.

Alice253 said:
My heart just breaks for that beautiful little boy. At least he finally has peace, warmth and love and no one can ever hurt him again. Too bad he couldn't have had that on this earth. He SHOULD have. Rest in peace little Ryon.
I totally agree. What a shame that a child comes into this world expecting the very people that brought him into it to keep them from harm. And yet, it's those very people that put them directly in harm's way. How very sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back