Found Deceased IL - Semaj Crosby, 16 mos, Joliet Township, 25 April 2017

Reminds me of young Gabriel Fernandez in Palmdale CA. The DCFS workers knew exactly what was happening to him at home and did absolutely nothing to protect him. They are also accused of falsifying documents to cover their tracks. In the end he endured horrible torture at the hands of the adult monsters in his home and died.

Edited to add: I'm always kind of taken aback at how little attention Gabriel's case gets here on WS. I'm not sure if it's because of how horrible his injuries were or what. Makes me a little sad.

Never heard of his case. Link me and I'll be sure to change that.

I'm honestly not trying to throw this caseworker under the bus but it's real hard. I can only imagine the crap they see every day but at the end of the day, a precious baby is dead and if there is any way that could have been prevented from this case worker's pro-active decisions, it utterly ticks me off that it didn't happen.
Oh, I know you aren't. Trust me, when I'm saying in trying really hard to reserve judgment, I'm REALLY TRYING. ;) I just thought I'd chime in with some information about this particular issue that I'm not sure the general public is privy to. I've seen my friend get her heart broken and lose sleep quite a few times. I'd be surprised if she wasn't tempted to take some of these kids herself. So I just wanted to make sure people know that it's not always up to the CW who physically sees the situation, which is, IMO, INSANE! (and following cases like this makes me worry for my friend. She would never get over it if something like this ever happened) I think the system is flawed in many ways.

Now if we do find out for sure that this CW did not do his/her job to advocate for these children in an honest way, I'll be right there with you hoping they lose their job!! 100%

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I really do wish that live reports didn't include the reporters feelings on who is guilty and who is not. This could totally taint a jury pool. JMO

I agree, but I think the chances of a future jury having watched her FB live reports are miniscule. IMO

Thanks so much for this link. So many questions!! If what has been said is true regarding the mother's mental capacity/disabilities... so many questions. Given her disabilities, how did she know to immediately lawyer up? Also, to what extent is this disability going to prevent her from reporting the death of her daughter, if she knew? It has been said that while at a neighbors house the day of the searches, prior to the baby being found deceased, she kept saying that she did not want to go back to the house. Why, if not because her daughter was in there deceased? I'm not casting any blame on the mother, it just rubs me the wrong way when lawyers immediately issue statements that deflect any/all responsibility while expressing their desire to move forward. My heart breaks for her, it really does, but I am not ready to remove any responsibility from anybody who was in that house that day-all 10-15 of them. I am in no way indicating that the mother was involved in the baby's death, as what we know so far indicates that she did not have anything to do with it. What I am wondering is if she was aware that the child was deceased as police and search parties were looking for her. If her mental capacity is so diminished, how is she able to care for 3 kids? I am of perfectly sound mind and body, as is my husband, and we often struggle with our 3 kids. One spits up all over me, the other needs his bottom wiped (or tries to do it himself, grossly unsuccessfully), while the other needs help with his homework, usually while dinner is boiling over on the stove, the laundry needs put in the dryer, and somebody knocks over my coffee (typically me). Parenting is difficult, even in good circumstances, so I guess I am curious as to her diagnosis as it pertains to her mental capacity.

Lawyers release statement:

Lawyers representing the mother of a child found dead after a frantic search in Joliet Township have released a statement on their Facebook page following the discovery of the 1-year-old’s body.

Chuck Bretz and Associates posted on its Facebook page Thursday evening the firm had been retained by Sheri Gordon to advise her in coordinating communications “between the various agencies involved.” The Will County Sheriff’s Office, the FBI, Department of Child and Family Services and Will County Coroner’s office have all been involved to an extent in the investigation of Semaj Crosby’s death.

"Ms. Gordon is extremely grateful for the efforts of the various law enforcement officers, first responders, and volunteers who participated in the search for Semaj,” the statement reads. “During the search, Ms. Gordon and law enforcement engaged in a high level of communication and cooperation.
Ms. Gordon is extremely distraught over the death of her only daughter. She will continue to support the investigation in this matter to the best of her abilities. She prays for her daughter and appreciates the community’s support in this matter. We look forward to when we can put this tragic incident behind us and allow the healing to begin.”
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...iet-Township-Release-Statement-420674133.html

From my experience, everything on the internet is forever.

Oh, I agree, but the percentage of folks on the planet who watch Facebook Live videos of local news reporters is probably very small. And by the time a jury was chosen, they would be forbidden from Googling, correct?

Oh, I agree, but the percentage of folks on the planet who watch Facebook Live videos of local news reporters is probably very small. And by the time a jury was chosen, they would be forbidden from Googling, correct?

All true. But if I were her lawyer, I might keep that video handy and perhaps it might show up on the talk show circuit before the trial. At this point, I don't think we know who is or is not responsible.

All true. But if I were her lawyer, I might keep that video handy and perhaps it might show up on the talk show circuit before the trial. At this point, I don't think we know who is or is not responsible.

Good point.

No words.

Well, I lied. I have a LOT of words...but they definitely cannot be posted here.

Another beautiful little baby gone. For nothing.

:rose:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/04...maj-crosby-during-well-being-check-on-easter/

*"Will County Sheriff’s deputies encountered little Semaj Crosby on Easter Sunday when they did a well-being check.

The department said on its Facebook page that three deputies went to a Joliet Township residence April 16 after someone made an “abandoned” call to 9-1-1.

“When they arrived at the home they came across some kids outside playing with sticks,” the Facebook post said. “They went inside and spoke to the mom and grandmother and found that everything was fine.”

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

Reminds me of young Gabriel Fernandez in Palmdale CA. The DCFS workers knew exactly what was happening to him at home and did absolutely nothing to protect him. They are also accused of falsifying documents to cover their tracks. In the end he endured horrible torture at the hands of the adult monsters in his home and died.

Edited to add: I'm always kind of taken aback at how little attention Gabriel's case gets here on WS. I'm not sure if it's because of how horrible his injuries were or what. Makes me a little sad.

He reminds me of one of my own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can a particular post from the mother's facebook page concerning comments from 2012 about her parenting be posted here or is that against the rules?

Has mom been arrested? I was under the impression she was just taken for questioning. With no arrest, we can't link her page.

IMO - I can't even imagine another beautiful little girl is gone. '
I am really getting sick of kids being killed - RIP

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
honeydipp37