IL - Tammy Tracey, 19, murdered, Rockford, 27 May 1987 *arrest in 2020*

Here what I found:

One of the most well known cases in Rockford happened at Searls Park. On May 27, 1987 Tammy Tracey washed her car at a friends house then came to the park to wax it. Fifteen years later detectives continue to look for her killer.

For eleven months a special task force combed Searls Park several times. A reward fund was built to over $30,000. And finally on April 16, 11 months after Tammy disappeared skeletal remains found in Sugar River Forest Preserve in Winnebago County. They were positively identified to that of Tammy Tracey. Rockford Deputy Chief of Detectives Dominic Lasparro says this is a case police want to solve and know people in the community know what happened.

Source:
http://www.wifr.com/home/headlines/239566.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skeleton Identified As Missing Woman
April 17, 1988

A skeleton discovered in the Sugar River Forest Preserve was identified Saturday as the remains of Tammy Tracey, a 19-year-old Rockford receptionist who had been missing almost a year, authorities said. Rockford police had notified Tracey's family Friday that the remains might be those of their daughter after a hiker discovered the skeleton. At that point, they weren`t "absolutely certain" the body was Tracey's but did not want the family to learn of the discovery through the media, police said.

Her body had been in the preserve, about 15 miles northwest of Rockford, at least several months, said Lt. Jim Mays of the Rockford Police Department.

Source:
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1988-04-17/news/8803110294_1_skeleton-missing-remains
Topic Galleries - Chicago Tribune

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why did she want to wax her car at the park and not at their friends place or near friends place?

Hmm.. By the way... what happened to her car?
wax is supposed to be applied in the shade and not the sun, maybe there was no shade at her friends home. Either way , it is very common to go to Searles or Page park to wax cars. I am not positive but I was told that the her family still had the car.

Here what I found:

One of the most well known cases in Rockford happened at Searls Park. On May 27, 1987 Tammy Tracey washed her car at a friends house then came to the park to wax it. Fifteen years later detectives continue to look for her killer.

For eleven months a special task force combed Searls Park several times. A reward fund was built to over $30,000. And finally on April 16, 11 months after Tammy disappeared skeletal remains found in Sugar River Forest Preserve in Winnebago County. They were positively identified to that of Tammy Tracey. Rockford Deputy Chief of Detectives Dominic Lasparro says this is a case police want to solve and know people in the community know what happened.

Source:
http://www.wifr.com/home/headlines/239566.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skeleton Identified As Missing Woman
April 17, 1988

A skeleton discovered in the Sugar River Forest Preserve was identified Saturday as the remains of Tammy Tracey, a 19-year-old Rockford receptionist who had been missing almost a year, authorities said. Rockford police had notified Tracey's family Friday that the remains might be those of their daughter after a hiker discovered the skeleton. At that point, they weren`t "absolutely certain" the body was Tracey's but did not want the family to learn of the discovery through the media, police said.

Her body had been in the preserve, about 15 miles northwest of Rockford, at least several months, said Lt. Jim Mays of the Rockford Police Department.

Source:
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1988-04-17/news/8803110294_1_skeleton-missing-remains
Topic Galleries - Chicago Tribune

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why did she want to wax her car at the park and not at their friends place or near friends place?

Hmm.. By the way... what happened to her car?
wax is supposed to be applied in the shade and not the sun, maybe there was no shade at her friends home. Either way , it is very common to go to Searles or Page park to wax cars. I am not positive but I was told that the her family still had the car.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back