GUILTY IL - Trenton Cornell-Duranleau, 26, stabbed to death, Chicago, 27 Jul 2017 *graphic* *Arrests*

I bet the inmates are all super eager to be tutored by an alleged sexual sadist.

Well, exactly. Who knows what kind of fantasy strikes him again.

I bet the inmates are all super eager to be tutored by an alleged sexual sadist.
Is sex sadist really the accurate term? There was no sexual element to the crime. These are just evil individuals.

Is sex sadist really the accurate term? There was no sexual element to the crime. These are just evil individuals.

I'm no psychologist, but I believe that's what motivated Lathem, not sure of Warren's motivation. The prosecutors have described the murder as the fulfillment of an elaborate "sexual fantasy". Trenton was presumably Lathem's lover, and I would guess there was some S&M in their relationship. We also don't know there wasn't sexual activity associated with the crime, that might not come out until the trial.

From Wikipedia:
"What is experienced by the sadist as sexual does not always appear obviously sexual to non-sadists."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_sadism_disorder

I guess it's easier to just say "evil", but I think there's a tendency these days to romantize and even popularize S&M as though it's cool to be 'kinky', but I think people shouldn't be so naive about how there are a lot of people who really get off by causing others to suffer, it's the suffering of others they enjoy, and that's a mental illness.

Is sex sadist really the accurate term? There was no sexual element to the crime. These are just evil individuals

Sounds like Lathem was a "Top," probably "Daddy" to poor Trent, and possibly and a Sadist. That, in itself, is not evil. BDSM, when practiced safely and correctly, can be fulfilling, even cathartic. But when substances (particularly meth) are thrown into the mix, things that you keep in the darkest parts of your brain spring out.

Not to mention an arrogant son-of-a-gun who doesn't realize how easy he had it in academe. He's going to need every ounce of brain to keep from getting mutilated every minute for the rest of his life. [I hope I said that within the bounds of board rules.] I'll bet he's never been around anyone else but academics, never volunteered at a soup kitchen, never taken public transportation, never tutored a whole lot of anyone.....

I'm sure the prof has no idea what sadism can look like when the folks he hangs out with have nothing to lose ('cos they're locked up for life). Probably no idea what sadism looks like, period, other than the spiffed up version he imagined himself doing.

Grandiosity is hardly going to be an asset in prison. Now he wants to play hero? Bwahahaha! I'm betting he's very roughed up in his next court appearance.

Illinois doesn't have the death penalty. I checked.

What does that Chicago newspaper article say, by the way? I don't have a subscription, so it's redacted.

Violence can be sexually stimulating. Think of all the serial murderers who combine murder with rape, for no obvious reason except that's their schtick (think, Green River killer). Sex sometimes comes after the murder, even; the killer kills to have sex. Then there's sex murder sex cannibalism. Cannibalism often has sexual overtones. (John Wayne Gacy with the young men? I forget.)

Think of the many US weapons that look like male members (knives, huh?)....

I believe there was mention of mutilation, too?

I wonder if Herr Professor is a serial murderer....This could get interesting. Or if he rehearsed some parts of the attack on Trent on someone else.

I think it's a given at this point that Lathem (and probably the Brit) was on meth. I'm wondering when his addiction started. There are a couple clean cut pics of him online where he looks pretty healthy. But in the "Mohawk" pics, his face looks thinner. Did he start using to get more work done, and then get drawn somehow into the chemsex scene?

Check out this article. It's pretty good at describing the violence and depersonalization that comes with chemsex:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/patrickstr...rld-of-chemsex?utm_term=.ws7QoW9JO#.wvM1dEKXL

I think it's a given at this point that Lathem (and probably the Brit) was on meth. I'm wondering when his addiction started. There are a couple clean cut pics of him online where he looks pretty healthy. But in the "Mohawk" pics, his face looks thinner. Did he start using to get more work done, and then get drawn somehow into the chemsex scene?

Check out this article. It's pretty good at describing the violence and depersonalization that comes with chemsex:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/patrickstr...rld-of-chemsex?utm_term=.ws7QoW9JO#.wvM1dEKXL
I also wonder if they went out stalking for other victims and just settled on him ---starting a murder that late sure sounds like meth but I would think it means they were somewhere until 430 in the morning

What were they doing ?

I'm no psychologist, but I believe that's what motivated Lathem, not sure of Warren's motivation. The prosecutors have described the murder as the fulfillment of an elaborate "sexual fantasy". Trenton was presumably Lathem's lover, and I would guess there was some S&M in their relationship. We also don't know there wasn't sexual activity associated with the crime, that might not come out until the trial.

From Wikipedia:
"What is experienced by the sadist as sexual does not always appear obviously sexual to non-sadists."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_sadism_disorder

I guess it's easier to just say "evil", but I think there's a tendency these days to romantize and even popularize S&M as though it's cool to be 'kinky', but I think people shouldn't be so naive about how there are a lot of people who really get off by causing others to suffer, it's the suffering of others they enjoy, and that's a mental illness.
But the fact is that there is ZERO evidence of sexual assault or sex between the killers following the murder.

Literally nothing sexual involved.

Sounds like Lathem was a "Top," probably "Daddy" to poor Trent, and possibly and a Sadist. That, in itself, is not evil. BDSM, when practiced safely and correctly, can be fulfilling, even cathartic. But when substances (particularly meth) are thrown into the mix, things that you keep in the darkest parts of your brain spring out.

How do you know their sexual roles and interests?

The eyes in the mohawk pic and overall demeanor led me to the same conclusion.

Here is the thing I'd urge folks not to lose sight of:
Regardless of the killers drug use, they had been communicating for a couple of months prior to going through with the act of killing. Meaning that they both certainly had hours if not days of sobriety to think this through. This is a decision that they both had a lot of time to think through and both decided to go through with it.

How do you know their sexual roles and interests?

Ive not met anyone associated with this crime. However, this entire story is very personal to me. I've just celebrated 19 months of sobriety from meth. And I am involved in gay BDSM. And in my active addiction, I met several guys just like Lathem: good looking, good job, meth addict, into "twisted" games. ("Twisted" is a big code word) One guy I met liked to point a loaded shotgun at the head of guys giving him oral sex. I get that vibe from Lathem big time

Meaning that they both certainly had hours if not days of sobriety to think this through. This is a decision that they both had a lot of time to think through and both decided to go through with it.

I would not be surprised to find out that Lathem was a daily user, probably slamming (injecting).

Ive not met anyone associated with this crime. However, this entire story is very personal to me. I've just celebrated 19 months of sobriety from meth. And I am involved in gay BDSM. And in my active addiction, I met several guys just like Lathem: good looking, good job, meth addict, into "twisted" games. ("Twisted" is a big code word) One guy I met liked to point a loaded shotgun at the head of guys giving him oral sex. I get that vibe from Lathem big time

Congratulations on your being free of meth! Hope life is much better now. Thank you for sharing here.

Violence can be sexually stimulating. Think of all the serial murderers who combine murder with rape, for no obvious reason except that's their schtick (think, Green River killer). Sex sometimes comes after the murder, even; the killer kills to have sex. Then there's sex murder sex cannibalism. Cannibalism often has sexual overtones. (John Wayne Gacy with the young men? I forget.)

Think of the many US weapons that look like male members (knives, huh?)....

I believe there was mention of mutilation, too?

I wonder if Herr Professor is a serial murderer....This could get interesting. Or if he rehearsed some parts of the attack on Trent on someone else.

IIRC It was Dahmer, not Gacy...

Plus, many serial killers target young men in Trent's age bracket, and there's always a sex thing.

But the fact is that there is ZERO evidence of sexual assault or sex between the killers following the murder.

Literally nothing sexual involved.

Maybe Lathem only has a "thing" for young men?

Maybe Warren gets his jollies by being subservient?

How do we know the killers didn't engage in sex after the murder? They were on the road together...

Why would it be relevant? Why would the killers have to engage in sex with one another for sex to be involved in an S-M or sexual assault scenario.

DId he have his own place?

This hit me as odd?

prosecutors said in court that Lathem "lured" his boyfriend to his apartment, then attacked him while he slept

Not caught up may be duplicate -- sorry

$5,610 to the Howard Brown Health Center, an LGBT health and social services provider,

At the library, prosecutors said, Lathem called the front desk of his apartment building and left an anonymous tip: Someone should check the apartment because a crime had been committed .

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-northwestern-professor-indicted-murder-met-20170915-story.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Babs1966
Back