GUILTY IL - Trenton Cornell-Duranleau, 26, stabbed to death, Chicago, 27 Jul 2017 *graphic* *Arrests*

This story is getting a ton of attention in Chicago and lots of national coverage.

Total speculation, but it will not surprise me if Oxford is an unwitting accomplice and Northwestern kills him too (or vice versa). Reminds me of Andrew Cunanan and David*Madson.

Andrew Cunanan was an extreme narcissist who is consumed by envy.

I can't remember if this has been noted here, but the deceased is from my home state of a Michigan.

Cornell-Duranleau, who had been living in the Heart of Chicago neighborhood, grew up in the small town of Lennon in eastern Michigan. He attended high school in Grand Rapids and earned a state certification in cosmetology in 2011. He moved to Chicago last year, telling friends he got a job at a salon in the city.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...estern-professor-stabbing-20170804-story.html

Cornell-Duranleau was around 6 when his biological mother died. He was adopted by a friend of his mother and grew up in the small town of Lennon in eastern Michigan. He attended high school in Grand Rapids and earned a state certification in cosmetology in 2011.
He landed his first job about two years later at Timber’s Salon in Trenton, Mich., a little more than 100 miles southeast of his hometown. A mutual friend helped arrange the opportunity, said Timber Baun-Crooks, who owns the business.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-northwestern-professor-stabbing-20170803-story.html

Just ramblings!

I think we are doing bondage sex that got out of control ,something along those lines -- just speculating here.

Grindr hookup??

There are too many things that seem to be hard to connect how these three ended up in a luxury highwise without something like Grindr.

That's the only thing that stands out to me.

The 27 was a Sunday--Sat night out and then.............

Two met at a bar and invited third one over via Grindr??

Both of them participated in the stabbing itself. (link below)

Killers don't typically send apology videos so I think it was accidental and they freaked.

The intensity of the attack tho is pretty intense - could drugs have resulted in the overkill?? GHB like stuff??

I think which ever one did the apology video is the one that made the 9-11 call.

Someone did not know it was a three way and freaked??

Or the hair stylist did not to have sex with one of em and then went out of control??

Or some threat of calling LE after being forced to participate in rough sex??

Was not expecting or wanting to be tied up (or whatever)??

Got to be sex related moo............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2edmy-Aw8E#t=48.838256

The whole thing sounds like people in the grip of delusions, to me.

What kind of fetish involves large donations to random small town libraries?

How often does a payroll assistant disappear from his job, family and boyfriend to fly to a country he's never been to, for a tryst?

Since when do university professors think they can possibly escape from police by going to Oakland, California?*

If they planned it ahead, why did he send an apologetic video to his family?

Most peculiar.

at some point they separated -- one in Oakland and another in San Fran?

One vehicle - what was there plan?

Was there more than one donation??

Llibraries have cameras have they said who made the donaton?

The more we learn it really is strange.

But then when I found out the donation was before the murder that speaks to premeidated.

Was the other guy hired to murder him?

Maybe the younger one was threatening to tell the Oxford guy lover he had sex??

Dealing??

A top secret cure for an illiness??

Owner of apt walked in on the two having bizaire sex ?

Walked in a thought the other guy was trying to hurt his lover??I would assume if bondage is not ones things and they walk in it it certainly could appear as if he was being harmed.

Guglielmi said the victim was in a relationship with Lathem and knew Warren.

Lathem and Warren had left the scene about 15 hours earlier,

victim an avid reader?

library in Lake Geneva, about 85 miles northwest of Chicago, to make the donation — neither the victim nor the suspects had any known connection to the library.

Oxford guy Glenn Close Fatal Attraction type thing with professor?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/08/05/northwestern-professor-oxford-employee-murder-captured/542187001/

Just rambling

[FONT=&quot]urrender of the two suspects was "negotiated," -- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]e not in contact with them directly," --- [/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Chicago man surrendered peacefully in California and will be returned to

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Warren, 56, surrendered at about the same time --[/FONT][FONT=&quot]both surrendered at about 7:30 p.m. local time,

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]library donation --[/FONT][FONT=&quot]on the day of the slaying, but before the body had been discovered,

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cornell-Duranleau had been dead for 12-15 hours.

[/FONT]
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/04/police-professor-and-british-man-wanted-in-murder-detained.html

getbuildinglargeimage

GrandPlaza-03.jpg

5632d03e8f3484588f78ca29.jpg

[FONT=&quot]google images

[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Cornell-Duranleau was found stabbed about 8:30 p.m. that evening and was pronounced dead at 9:05 p.m.[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]general area of victim's residence

[/FONT]
genMid.09341042_0.jpg

7f80DDfaA98343a-09505978.jpg

Some saying donation was before some after

The day after the slaying, Lathem and Warren went to the Lake Geneva Public

[FONT=&quot]Cornell-Duranleau’s last name was spelled Cornell-Duranheau by some news sites, but his obituary uses the former spelling of the name. He is also sometimes referred to as Trenton Cornell.

The cowboy hat pic has to old the pics dont look at all alike

[/FONT]
trenton3.jpg

[FONT=&quot] police “found blood on the bedroom door, opened it and found 26-year-old Trenton Cornell-Duranleau lying face down,

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]stab wounds to his back…In the kitchen, police found a knife with a broken blade in the trash can and another knife near the sink. Blood was everywhere.”

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]After his mother died, he was adopted by the Cornell-Duranleau family of Corunna.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]On Twitter, he mostly posted about hairstyling, music, and [/FONT]The Voice.[FONT=&quot] He worked at a series of Michigan beauty salons before moving to Chicago, according to his Facebook page.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]hadn’t posted on Twitter much since 2014.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Life is good. Feeling better about life in general things going a way i want them to go.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]— trenton cornell (@cornellt09) [video=twitter;382529450237128707]https://twitter.com/cornellt09/status/382529450237128707[/video]

five siblings

Several of his social media posts revolve around cars.

prestigious universities, has to be the reason why the two connected -

Lathem has been a faculty member in the department of microbiology-immunology since 2007.

https://heavy.com/news/2017/08/trenton-cornell-duranleau-duranheau-obituary-wyndham-lathem-victim-photos-facebook/[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
trenton2.jpg

This just gets stranger and stranger....thank goodness they are off the streets.

he is at 31:00

[video=youtube;EZOVlifQU8U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZOVlifQU8U[/video]

[FONT=&quot]Lathem and Cornell-Duranleau did cross paths, at least electronically: They are Facebook friends.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] published in top scientific journals.--[/FONT][FONT=&quot]very competitive in terms of getting NIH (National Institutes of Health) funding for his work ... and is respected for high quality research,′

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Warren, who is British, is in charge of pensions and payroll

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]unclear from his Facebook page where he was working at the time of his death.

[/FONT]
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/04/plague-researcher-oxford-staffer-stabbed-victim-so-hard-blade-broke-police-say.html[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Lathem turned himself in at Oakland federal building,

two men will appear before an Oakland Court before being returned to Chicago

Warren traveled to the United States without telling his boyfriend or any of his family, who have since appealed for him to surrender. They described Warren as reclusive, shy and consumed by grief since his father’s sudden death last winter.

straight up and squeaky clean as regards the law,”

Warren may have been staying with Lathem in the Grand Plaza Apartments, a luxury building with plum amenities and stunning views of the surrounding city skyline. Monthly rents for some units there exceed $3,300.

so could would be at hairstylist attacks visitor from overseas? Speculation

Cornell-Duranleau, who went by Trent, moved to Chicago only recently and lived in the city’s Pilsen neighborhood, about a 30-minute drive from Lathem’s apartment in River North.

family does not know the suspects, although she declined to say whether her son had ever talked about either them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/08/03/they-work-for-elite-universities-police-say-theyre-linked-to-a-savage-knife-attack/?utm_term=.ab24b0a590bb

I have to admit to a prejudice, if Warren were much younger and somehow glamorous, in looks and lifestyle, the story would make more sense to me. It's hard to associate his photo with out-of-control passion, but it just shows, you never know

Lathem turned himself in at Oakland federal building,

Chicago police have stated that the victim was living with the professor in his one bedroom apartment at the Grand Plaza.

A lot of things give me the impression that this case will wind up being similar to the kidnapping and murder of Yingying Zhang by Brendt Allen Christensen who used various website to discuss his very deviant sexual desires prior to the abduction and murder of Zhang.

I believe that the two most viable scenarios are:
(1) The professor and the Brit met online and shared a common deviancy that they had long desired to make a reality and this is why the Brit traveled to Chicago. I believe this was pre-planned because they seem to have avoided detection throughout their 2,000 mile journey from Chicago to San Francisco -- meaning that they likely paid cash to avoid leaving a digital trail; likely withdrawn prior to the murder. Additionally, the fact that they stayed together for 2,000+ miles suggests that, although they had only just physically met, they had an unusually strong connection/bond and stayed together. Otherwise, one of them would have killed or fled from the other at some point.

(2) This is the far more disturbing scenario -- Does anyone recall the case in Germany of Armin Meiwes who killed and cannibalized Bernd Brandes who knowingly and willingly consented to be killed? There is a plausible but unlikely scenario that all three were "in" on the plan. Like I said, very disturbing but given the German case I thought it should be considered a possibility.

Chicago police have stated that the victim was living with the professor in his one bedroom apartment at the Grand Plaza.

A lot of things give me the impression that this case will wind up being similar to the kidnapping and murder of Yingying Zhang by Brendt Allen Christensen who used various website to discuss his very deviant sexual desires prior to the abduction and murder of Zhang.

I believe that the two most viable scenarios are:
(1) The professor and the Brit met online and shared a common deviancy that they had long desired to make a reality and this is why the Brit traveled to Chicago. I believe this was pre-planned because they seem to have avoided detection throughout their 2,000 mile journey from Chicago to San Francisco -- meaning that they likely paid cash to avoid leaving a digital trail; likely withdrawn prior to the murder. Additionally, the fact that they stayed together for 2,000+ miles suggests that, although they had only just physically met, they had an unusually strong connection/bond and stayed together. Otherwise, one of them would have killed or fled from the other at some point.

(2) This is the far more disturbing scenario -- Does anyone recall the case in Germany of Armin Meiwes who killed and cannibalized Bernd Brandes who knowingly and willingly consented to be killed? There is a plausible but unlikely scenario that all three were "in" on the plan. Like I said, very disturbing but given the German case I thought it should be considered a possibility.

I was coming to post something similar. I wondered if the two murderers are sadomasochists who indulged in online fantasies and group chats regarding their fetishes and fantasized about some sort of disturbing thrill kill. But after the fact they may have realized they aren't quite up to Henry Lee Lucas, Kenneth Bianchi levels and understood they'd gone too far.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back