IL IL - Valerie Percy, 21, Kenilworth, 18 September 1966 #2

< modsnip - quoted post was removed>

I’ve always had doubts about a bayonet being the murder weapon. It seemed it would be difficult for the killer to hold and stab a victim multiple times without getting their own hand injured. As near as I can tell, bayonets don’t have a handle.

How can any new information be revealed if Valerie’s family is still keeping the investigation files closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - quoted post was removed
I will say, the evidence didn’t always match the official story. My belief is that it was someone who was close enough to the family that they spent time there, knew where Valerie’s bed was located, how to get there and felt comfortable enough to do that with others in the house.

It seemed a crime of passion, committed by someone who knew her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not the killer, he was a bad hombre, but he is not the killer nor is he the Zodiac.
No one has ever been able to place Thorenson in the Chicago area at the time of her murder. He was living in California at that time, IIRC.

He was a horrible person, but, I agree, not the guy.

No one has ever been able to place Thorenson in the Chicago area at the time of her murder. He was living in California at that time, IIRC.

He was a horrible person, but, I agree, not the guy.
His behavior was targeted at his direct family, his agenda was getting his hands on Mommy and Daddy’s money. Bad dude, not the killer of VP and certain not the Zodiac.

I’ve always had doubts about a bayonet being the murder weapon. It seemed it would be difficult for the killer to hold and stab a victim multiple times without getting their own hand injured. As near as I can tell, bayonets don’t have a handle.

How can any new information be revealed if Valerie’s family is still keeping the investigation files closed.

Yes, bayonets do have a handle and a guard. Here's a link to a picture of the one found. Has both a handle and a guard. This has been common since WWI.

For some reason, photos of bayonets that I had posted previously are no longer available. Here is a photo of an M1 rifle bayonet made during World War II. The blade was 10 inches long and this is the same type found in Lake Michigan very close to the Percy home and thought by LE at the time to be a possible murder weapon. Note the handle which would allow this bayonet to be either attached to a rifle, or used as a combat knife.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back