GUILTY IL - Vicente Mundo, 20, Urbana, 27 Jan 2015

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2015-02-03/arrests-made-mundo-murder-case.html

from above article:
Reginald James Scott, 21, of the 1000 block of Francis Drive, Champaign, and Daniel Gonzalez, 21, of Cicero, are in custody, officials say.

The two Parkland College students are accused of fatally shooting Mr. Mundo and are expected to be formally charged this afternoon.

Gonzales was apparently a friend of Mr. Mundo, according to his sister, Julieta LaMalfa.

I cannot access the links from here at work, please update here if there is anything we have not heard.

Wow, wonder what the motive was here. So sad :(.

ETA: I see it was a preplanned armed robbery. How awful!

Mentioning another missing student-Zamora-says it is isolated incident.

Charges will be first degree murder.

Q from reporter-how was Mr. Gonzalez linked? During interview Gonzalez made a couple of statements which needed further investigation.

How many times was he shot-Sheriff not giving info-they do know who was the shooter.

Mr. Gonzalez' car was found in city of Champagne.

Still working Zamora case-searched Crystal Lake Park last night

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2015-02-03/arrests-made-mundo-murder-case.html

Speaking at an 11 a.m. news conference, Walsh said the murder was part of a pre-planned robbery involving small amounts of marijuana and cash. Police have recoved Mundo's vehicle and a handgun believed to be used in the crime.

Champaign County State's Attorney Julie Reitz said Scott and Gonzalez will be charged with first-degree murder.

This is so sad and senseless. They set him up-20 years old and now gone. Praying for his family

http://www.wandtv.com/story/2801239...st-2-in-connection-with-u-of-i-students-death

Arrested Monday night in connection with the death of Vicente Mundo - both will be charged with first-degree murder.

Reginald Scott, 21
Daniel Gonzalez, 21
Mugs shots in link - scary looking imo.

"According to the Champaign County Sheriff's Office, Mundo's death was allegedly
part of a pre-planned armed robbery involving small amounts of cash and marijuana."

Just heard on the news that VM knew RS and DG for some time.

Wow :stormingmad:

Wow, wonder what the motive was here. So sad :(.

ETA: I see it was a preplanned armed robbery. How awful!

Young men (monsters) who will take a life over small amounts of cash and marijuana.
Incomprehensible to some of us.
Vicente could be any young man/anyone's child.
Maybe VM would have handed the stuff over if given the chance.

VM was a student.
What are the alleged killers doing in the area?
Just read above, they attend Parkland College (I'm unfamiliar).

The Wandtv link (post #54) reports VM's car has been recovered.

Sorry for repeating info posted already.
This crime seems so senseless and has me in a tizzy.

It would be interesting to find out if anyone has any surveillance cameras in the area on Porches. Neighbors near colleges usually have a couple of people who would want to watch their cars and if anything gets taken. The friends would know who or why the meet at the car. Anyone new in his life or inserted in his life the last month.

It would be interesting to find out if anyone has any surveillance cameras in the area on Porches. Neighbors near colleges usually have a couple of people who would want to watch their cars and if anything gets taken. The friends would know who or why the meet at the car. Anyone new in his life or inserted in his life the last month.

True. Now we have to worry about the friends.

At first the report was that Vicente left his own apartment to go meet someone near his car. Friends were waiting in his apartment for him to return.

Today I heard he was at a friend's apartment earlier that day.
Later on friends were supposed to meet up at VM's apartment.
VM never showed up back at his own apartment.
They showed a map with locations marked, 500 and 900.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01
Back