Identified! IL - Will Co., Male body in Des Plaines River, May'09 - Gary Schmidt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in Charlotte, NC area, but my cable provides WGN-Chicago news. Is that the one you're watching by chance? TIA

Just happened to be on Fox because I was watching the Idol finale. WGN is an excellent source for news so you should be hooked up well to follow this case for local reporting.

My friend that lives near there just called me and said that she just passed by there and she said there is mad activity there with huge spot lights. It is the area off the interstate right by the Exxon plant. 20 miles away from Drew and even closer to Stebic in Plainfield.
But if, if, if the body was in a container as reported just now, I am thinking it may be Stacy.
Would'nt it be ironic since he was just arrested and the GJ is just about done hearing that case.
Kinda like Casey being indicted and then Caylee being found....fingers crossed.
One of these families here need closure!!!

News on now and they are saying that is skeletal remains of a white female and the autopsy will be done tomorrow mornin 9AM AND THE BODY WAS FOUND IN A TUB OF SOME SORT!!!

ETA that I am watching local Fox http://www.myfoxchicago.com/

I just read that. Craig Wall of Fox is reporting this? The stories are coming fast and furious.

I was reading about Stacy's breasts implants (that Drew so often told everyone about) They supposedly survive decomp and have a serial number? If this is true, why was only the lower half of the body found, if that's even true?

:eek:

I just read that. Craig Wall of Fox is reporting this? The stories are coming fast and furious.

I was reading about Stacy's breasts implants (that Drew so often told everyone about) They supposedly survive decomp and have a serial number? If this is true, why was only the lower half of the body found, if that's even true?

:eek:

If the body was in a "container" as reported live on Fox local then they may be with the remains.
Just tuning in to the 10PM on abc now. Ten minutes way from the broadcast.
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/index

If the body was found in a tub, was it a blue tub I wonder?

VB

If the body was found in a tub, was it a blue tub I wonder?

VB

If you go to the Fox link I posted above you can see the report that the body was found in a container of some sort, but they show the team lifting a bag (looked like a body bag) so I don't know.
This is all still going down now but they said it was a torso and legs dressed in underwear so that may be why the think it is a female...type of under garment???

ABC local is reporting that it was a blue barrel that the body was found in and that investigators from both Stacy's and Lisa's team are on scene.

Remains are now at the Will-co coroners office and they are now showing a blue barrel that was found down stream from where the body was found.
Wow. My heart is hopeful that the two finds are connected and Stacy has been found. Oh the timing....

On another site I have been reading where they know family members and friends of Stacy they are saying the remains are skeletal and only the lower half of the body has been found (sorry, grapic) clad only in panties. They are saying Stacy's family has been contacted by ISP about the remains. Why would ISP contact her family?

Also according to the site, they haven't contacted Lisa's family.Though they are saying that Stacy Peterson and Lisa Stebic investigators are at the scene and that Drew is being monitored as news is breaking.

It could be all speculation but I've found their site to be pretty accurate on Stacy information.

Ta Breanna, Please keep us posted as to anything you read there of value IYO. ;}

Remains are now at the Will-co coroners office and they are now showing a blue barrel that was found down stream from where the body was found.
Wow. My heart is hopeful that the two finds are connected and Stacy has been found. Oh the timing....

--->>>Just got home and zeroed in on this thread. Timing absolutely incredible, they won't have to go find 'him'. The blue barrel has me extremely excited.

Feeling sad, and sorry for the children, IF this is Stacy.

Great input here from you gals, in IL. Good job.

Ta Breanna, Please keep us posted as to anything you read there of value IYO. ;}

I'm trying :) So much new info is coming out it's crazy. But I do feel like they have good information based on who they know or where they get information.

Even if it's not Stacy or Lisa, at least some family will have some answers. This whole thing is sounding a lot like recent cases....body found, rumors flying, investigators are there, family contacted, etc. etc. But maybe it's just me and my active imagination. I do have a creepy feeling though that LE knows something. Why else would Drew be monitored for his reactions?

It would be interesting to see how Drew is reacting. If he is perfectly calm then it may not be her. Surely he is smarter than that. I really feel Stacy will never be found. If anybody would know how to hide a body, it's a police officer.

Hi prd . .. I agree his reaction will be profetic, but I think one would have to be skilled in the art of telling people's reactions to analyze him in this situation.

He is one sick puppy IMO, like Scott Peterson and all the rest of these narcissists, who can fool a lie detector test because they have convinced themselves they did nothing wrong. I don't think a simple reaction would give a true indication of guilt. Interesting tho. He might be very careful not to let on he is worried, doomed etc. xox

The cleanup crew made their grisly find approximately three-quarters of a mile west of the Interstate 55 bridge, near the Big Basin Marina.

The shore area is only accessible by boat, so investigators spent time shuttling down the river from the boat launch at the marina on the river's north side.

Drew Peterson's attorney Joel Brodsky says he met with Peterson today, and that Drew was aware of the body found in the Des Plaines River, and was reportedly "unconcerned."

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/Body.Found.river.2.1014514.html

Okay I have been trying to get home after a long day after I had heard the news. The word around town here is that the body was found at a place called The Big Basin. It is one of my favorite places where the Desplaines River dumps off into this magical area where salmon spawn this time of year. I have some great pictures that I took about 3 summers ago of my fiancee' and his bandmate kicking back and writing music. The first pic is where the river dumps into a few channels of water, the second is the bottom of the fall where the river runs calm.
I was in town and saw my friend who is a Will-co homicide detective and I tried to pic his brain he would not say a word...he just smiled.
I asked him if the body was contained or just floating and he would not say a word.
I am very local and frequent this area alot...in fact we were just talking about going out there in the next week or so to get some pics at the Basin for a backdrop for the new album cover, and I have a friend that lives up the road from where this is all going down now so I will try to find out whatever I can.

Hi JustJax, I gotta say I love the fact you are 'very local'. LOL And maybe that smile on the face of your LE friend is a good sign, eh? xox

PS: Heck, I can't get past page #1 ;}

Yep, Big Basin is the marina and the lodge there is now called Mugsy's. The Exxon plant is right there and the clean up crew that was maintainencing the area found the remains. Video from either the Fox or ABC link also showed a blue barrel that was found close by.

Hi JustJax, I gotta say I love the fact you are 'very local'. LOL And maybe that smile on the face of your LE friend is a good sign, eh? xox

PS: Heck, I can't get past page #1 ;}

I am sure he is very hopeful. Over the last year and a half I have talked alot about this case with him...me doing most of the talking. When I saw him tonight I told him that I thought of him the day Drew went to the courthouse and he was acting a fool with his stupid comments.
I said, "dude, I was wishing you were there to smack him in the back of his big head and tell him to shut the hell up!" LOL

If you go to the Fox link I posted above you can see the report that the body was found in a container of some sort, but they show the team lifting a bag (looked like a body bag) so I don't know.
This is all still going down now but they said it was a torso and legs dressed in underwear so that may be why the think it is a female...type of under garment???

I read that Thomas Morphey said the blue barrel he helped move had some plastic protruding from the top. Could that be it?

I feel like a Voyeur going back and forth. Oh well, it's all about finding and getting justice for Stacy in the end. That's what really matters.

OMG, Sorry for all the posts, but I was just wondering if that container was a BLUE BARREL!

ABC local is reporting that it was a blue barrel that the body was found in and that investigators from both Stacy's and Lisa's team are on scene.

If Stacy was in a container and it broke apart, would the body be better preserved?

I don't think better preserved would necessarily be it. But more together maybe.

A body left in the open, is prey to being eaten and carried off in pieces by insects and animals (think of the area that Caylee's remains were found in.) That includes bones. I am not sure if the cartilage holding the bones together would still be intact. It should have been kept moist, and been less likely to break.

But remains that were in a container, while the flesh would still decompose would at least have the skeleton and maybe the hair relatively intact. A broken container of course could allow for some bones to fall out. A person doubled up in a barrel or similiar container, if the barrel broke then I would think that what was on top or free-est might be the first to fall out. The lower remains were found, but there is no way to tell if they mean from the waist down or most everything but the head. I thought maybe they might have found hair if it was still in a barrel, and long hair combined with panties strongly point to a female. Also breast implants..... and Stacey had them. If they recover implants then it shouldn't take long to id the remains because the implants are numbered.

Did Lisa have implants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member