GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing we are going to have really good news soon!!

:praying:

oh no not again! I hope this little one is found safe and sound.

I hope so.

Her poor mom! I hope she has a lot of people comforting her right now and just helping her understand that this isn't her fault just because they argued.[/QUO

This is a small midwestern town. I grew up in a town almost exactly this size. Doubt they have changed much. Children don't have one mom, they have 100 moms. Right now everyone of them is probably right beside Willow's mom taking care of the number one priority, finding Willow. The only people not out searching are watching the kids of the rest, I'm guessing. Once Willow is found safe, they won't be judging her mom, but they will probably have a stern word or two for Willow. MOO

http://www.wics.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_13024.shtml

Not sure it matters too much, but this articles says she was last seen in nightgown/shirt.

Willow went missing between 9 and 10:15 Sunday morning, was reported missing by her mother, and was last seen wearing a purple nightgown/shirt.

So, I'm guessing it was an oversized shirt that she wore as a nightgown.

It's the weekend, maybe she slept in and was still in her pjs. Might also explain why she left without her glasses on.

I have a six and seven year old and I just can't imagine either one of them leaving the house and walking off after an argument...

They do sleep in panties and oversized shirts sometimes but they are not comfortable walking around the house in them (and definitely wouldn't go outside like that).

I hope so.

Her poor mom! I hope she has a lot of people comforting her right now and just helping her understand that this isn't her fault just because they argued.[/QUO

This is a small midwestern town. I grew up in a town almost exactly this size. Doubt they have changed much. Children don't have one mom, they have 100 moms. Right now everyone of them is probably right beside Willow's mom taking care of the number one priority, finding Willow. The only people not out searching are watching the kids of the rest, I'm guessing. Once Willow is found safe, they won't be judging her mom, but they will probably have a stern word or two for Willow. MOO

Awe. :) I was more concerned about her judging herself! It seems like a really nice place.

Per Radio station WCRC-95.7:

"As of now, Willow is still missing. The search continues on a wide scale, with over 400 volunteers, police dogs, and a plane and helicopter flown by the Illinois State Police and Air Evac. The aerial search team is using thermal imaging to assist. MABAS fire divisions have provided 10 ATVs, also equipped with thermal imaging equipment. The Cumberland Search and Rescue team has provided horses to assist with a horseback search. The ARCH helicopter out of St. Louis has also arrived, to take turns in the air. The Arcola Fire Department has provided a light tower, and Effingham County EMA is en route to the site. The Effingham City Police are already on site, as is the Red Cross, which is providing supplies and additional volunteers.

Volunteers are currently being accepted and requested. The search continues through the night."

https://www.facebook.com/pages/WCRC-957/119976524276

* What a thorough response, IMO!! This is awesome!

U.S. Route 45 runs east of Watson. It was the main highway before the interstate was built. It's heavily used by locals in the area.

But something isn't adding up.

Walnut Street ends right at a grain mill. There are three tracks for parking rail cars. It would be good to know if any were parked there last night and moved out today. If she was carried, would dogs still be able to track her?
She wouldn't try to climb on the piles of grain, right? A guy I grew up with suffocated after a pile of corn buried him in a workplace accident.

One RSO is in her zip code. Zip is 62473 if you want to look him up.

Judging from the scale of the response and resources, I bet anything they have already been to his place and turned it upside down by now! He's probably even given a dna sample by now.

I just ran WL's address -even though it's vague, "Circle Drive" with the only RSO's address.. it's less than 2 miles.

I just ran WL's address -even though it's vague, "Circle Drive" with the only RSO's address.. it's less than 2 miles.

Well, seeing as her town is barely more than a mile across...anyone in town is less than 2 miles from her.

Here's her location: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=circ...son,+Effingham,+Illinois+62473&gl=us&t=h&z=15

Watson looks to be a VERY small town with some pretty densely wooded areas. Total area of 1.12 square miles. The population was 729 at the 2000 census. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watson,_Illinois

Per Family Watchdog, one sex offender lives in the town (initials J.K.), who has a child *advertiser censored* conviction. He lives on the other side of town...as far as the "other side" is.

Wondering if she was sent to her room? And how she left the house, door, window?

http://effinghamdailynews.com/local/x250210087/Police-search-for-missing-Watson-girl

Homeland Security? Is that unusual? They are sure not taking this lightly and thank goodness for that! No one is going to be able to say they delayed or cut corners in searching for Willow.

I saw Homeland Security listed as the main agency and contact info on an Amber Alert poster recently and asked the same thing...still don't know the answer. Very curious about this too.

Could she have fallen down in a well hole or something similar?

I have a six and seven year old and I just can't imagine either one of them leaving the house and walking off after an argument...

They do sleep in panties and oversized shirts sometimes but they are not comfortable walking around the house in them (and definitely wouldn't go outside like that).

I thought that was terribly young to storm off, too. I've got 5 kids and they never pulled that until they were 14+...

Praying all is ok here. *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member