Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am doubtful that she was taking an Uber or Lyft. Why not just take the uber or lyft all the way instead of getting on a bus to campus (when already late)? Also, it's rare to spend a lot of time talking to an uber/lyft driver before getting in. She may not have been in the country long enough to have Uber or Lyft on her phone.

Do any locals know what the bus options are to get from campus to One North? I'm guessing she was trying to transfer to a bus that runs north (on Goodwin or Lincoln)? Maybe she was lost and asked that black car for directions.

From the FBI poster: The suspect's vehicle is described as a black Saturn Astra four-door hatchback. It appeared to be driven by a White male, and circled the areaprior to making contact with Zhang.

Looks like this guy was looking for a vulnerable target. While I agree that the campus is generally safe, it often feels deserted during the summer. There are a few seedy areas in the general area, and it's not uncommon to see riffraff passing through by car or on foot.

From the FBI poster: The suspect's vehicle is described as a black Saturn Astra four-door hatchback. It appeared to be driven by a White male, and circled the areaprior to making contact with Zhang.

Looks like this guy was looking for a vulnerable target. While I agree that the campus is generally safe, it often feels deserted during the summer. There are a few seedy areas in the general area, and it's not uncommon to see riffraff passing through by car or on foot.

could he have also been circling looking specifically for her, like a meet up of some sort maybe? Sure could be for a ride, or could be something else. Interesting that the car circled prior to their meeting.

could he have also been circling looking specifically for her, like a meet up of some sort maybe? Sure could be for a ride, or could be something else. Interesting that the car circled prior to their meeting.

It seems to me unlikely that she would have some kind of planned meetup while already late for her appointment at the apartment building, unless she was planning to go to the apartment with the guy in the black vehicle. Even then, odd that she would stand there talking with him for a while before getting in.

I am doubtful that she was taking an Uber or Lyft. Why not just take the uber or lyft all the way instead of getting on a bus to campus (when already late)? Also, it's rare to spend a lot of time talking to an uber/lyft driver before getting in. She may not have been in the country long enough to have Uber or Lyft on her phone.

Do any locals know what the bus options are to get from campus to One North? I'm guessing she was trying to transfer to a bus that runs north (on Goodwin or Lincoln)? Maybe she was lost and asked that black car for directions.

Seems to me that the driver talking to her for so long through the window could've been him trying to convince her of something. "I can get you there quicker" or "The bus you're waiting for won't take you there"

It seems to me unlikely that she would have some kind of planned meetup while already late for her appointment at the apartment building, unless she was planning to go to the apartment with the guy in the black vehicle. Even then, odd that she would stand there talking with him for a while before getting in.

yes, I agree re meetup, it is all so curious.

I wonder if there is a camera angle that tells us whether she got in to the front seat or the back seat.

Looks like the 22 Illini is the only bus that goes by One North, and it runs on a limited schedule.

https://www.cumtd.com/maps-and-schedules/bus-stops/info/onenorth/

I wonder if they have ruled out the landlord?

I wonder if this was her first time in America. How awful for her family.

Wonder if the landlord went looking for her since they knew she was running late.

It seems as if the police dept could have easily pulled the records of all Saturn Astra owners as well to start looking. I'm sure they've already done that, but it makes me ancy wishing they had a lead by now.

Case of missing Chinese student treated as abduction

The FBI confirmed on Wednesday the case of a missing Chinese student in the U.S. is being treated as a kidnapping.

The 26-year-old Zhang Yingying is a visiting scholar at the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences at the University of Illinois and has been in the U.S. for about a month.

University police released security camera footage on Monday showing Zhang getting into a black Saturn Astra, which then continued north on Goodwin Avenue.

On UIUC's Reddit page, a user named "rosabel34" said the driver of a black sedan had approached a friend of hers on Friday as well and "she reported it to the police".

According to her friend's Facebook post, the man had a badge on a chain under his shirt and claimed to be an undercover police officer. He "asked me to come up to his car so he could ask me a few questions, which I refused to do," she posted.

http://usa.chinadaily.com.cn/world/2017-06/14/content_29747947.htm

[video=twitter;875171858940698624]https://twitter.com/globaltimesnews/status/875171858940698624[/video]

I hope they are checking her phone records and checking for pings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge