Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they had crossed paths on campus? Did any if their research occur in the same building? I know their degrees are miles apart, but I wonder if post grads and scholars co mingled socially or in any other way. I still feel like she walked over to his car very fast and now FBI states they talked for one minute only 60 seconds!!!!!! Before she got into front seat. I think she recognised him, or he called her over by name.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Whoa, Webthrush totally nailed this one! White male, associated with the University, 28 years old...

Yingying's story is on CNN right now. Interview with her dad from earlier ....

I hate to post this. It's just so grim. But I want to make sure everyone knows the obstacles facing police as they attempt to bring closure for Yingying's family.

The likelihood of finding Yingying's body in the summer time is very, very small. Consider this photo of an area just southwest of Champaign-Urbana.This is a true country road. There are hundreds of miles of this kind of rural road all over Central Illinois.

Soybean and corn fields line these roads, and the fields extend for miles in every direction. Sprinkled through the land are farmhouses. There is very little traffic along these roads. There are road commissioners whose job is to maintain these roads. Mostly, they mow a few times each summer along the sides of these roads and shovel snow (during the winter, of course). It's usually a local farmer who does this job. In many cases, he may convince the owner of the farmland to cut the grass.

Between fields, there are usually narrow grass lanes that allow farmers to navigate around the edges of the fields. These rlanes are used mainly during harvest season. Occasionally, people who live in the area will drive four-wheelers and such down the grassy lanes.

At 3 a.m., there would be nobody anywhere around these roads. A car could stop and park on the side of the road, and the driver could walk 10-20 feet through the rows and leave something. Most likely, nobody would find a body left out in the corn until after the harvest. And these crops won't come out of the field until October

It would take several days and thousands of people conducting coordinated searches of every field in a 25-mile radius to search the fields. And, as you might know from following other cases, they still might overlook Yingying's body.

My hope is that this man will confess and help police to locate her body.

If she's not in the fields, I suspect that he may have used chemicals to dispose of her. He is familiar with chemicals and, due to his work, he may have access to them and knowledge of how to use them safely.
View attachment 119251

Maybe his phone pings can help narrow the area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anybody way back remember who posted they thought the killer would be somebody associated with the university and about 26 years old? I think it was around the time a poster gave examples of Asian female students abducted by boyfriends. That poster was right on. Wow!

I posted that I thought it was a grad student because she was smart and must have trusted this guy to make the decision to get in.

I doubt she's in a cornfield. Having grown up on a farm myself, as much as this crime has been in the news, I'd say the farmers have been paying closer attention to the buzzards.

The memorial that was scheduled for today has been postponed:

A Massmail sent out on Saturday morning postponed the campus wide memorial ceremony honoring Zhang’s life.

Out of respect for the Zhang family, who is on campus, and “in accordance with their wishes,” Chancellor Robert Jones wrote today’s ceremony is cancelled.

“We will plan a public community and campus event celebrating her life in the future, but for now, I simply ask that you keep her family in your thoughts as they face these first days without Yingying."

http://dailyillini.com/news/2017/06/30/man-arrested-connection-missing-scholar-zhang-presumed-dead/

Wonder where they are housing him. Champaign doesn’t have a federal jail. Wanna see this creeps mugshot.

[video=twitter;880970756586393600]https://twitter.com/WCIA3Erick/status/880970756586393600[/video]
It really bothers me that she could not get out of the car easily. There must be a way to allow emergency exit on the passenger side that cannot be disabled.

Kind of getting creeped out by his youtube playlist... as if the kpop obsession wasn't enough.

[video=youtube;m_UHO60tkdg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_UHO60tkdg&index=188&list=PLmRpD7L6Alm9Z9MvAFI83ULz73OWki5e4[/video]

Just to add to this, I don't think the anime interest by itself is necessarily creepy. While the kpop on his Youtube playlist sure is lewd, it's more of his obsession with death and Gothic culture that are rising red flags for me. Sure, not everyone who enjoys this stuff turns out to be kidnappers, but that seems to be the common thread here to me.

Also found his possible fetlife profile, the one that start's with an 'a' followed by numbers as others mentioned. Even has a gothic profile pic too.

Interesting how the timestamps almost connect to the court affidavits. The date he joined the Abudction 101 group is listed as 4/18, but the affidavit states it was 'on or about' 4/19 he visited the group page.

Seems pretty close on, but I haven't found any strong links to that username.

I hate to post this. It's just so grim. But I want to make sure everyone knows the obstacles facing police as they attempt to bring closure for Yingying's family.

The likelihood of finding Yingying's body in the summer time is very, very small. Consider this photo of an area just southwest of Champaign-Urbana.This is a true country road. There are hundreds of miles of this kind of rural road all over Central Illinois.

Soybean and corn fields line these roads, and the fields extend for miles in every direction. Sprinkled through the land are farmhouses. There is very little traffic along these roads. There are road commissioners whose job is to maintain these roads. Mostly, they mow a few times each summer along the sides of these roads and shovel snow (during the winter, of course). It's usually a local farmer who does this job. In many cases, he may convince the owner of the farmland to cut the grass.

Between fields, there are usually narrow grass lanes that allow farmers to navigate around the edges of the fields. These rlanes are used mainly during harvest season. Occasionally, people who live in the area will drive four-wheelers and such down the grassy lanes.

At 3 a.m., there would be nobody anywhere around these roads. A car could stop and park on the side of the road, and the driver could walk 10-20 feet through the rows and leave something. Most likely, nobody would find a body left out in the corn until after the harvest. And these crops won't come out of the field until October

It would take several days and thousands of people conducting coordinated searches of every field in a 25-mile radius to search the fields. And, as you might know from following other cases, they still might overlook Yingying's body.

My hope is that this man will confess and help police to locate her body.

If she's not in the fields, I suspect that he may have used chemicals to dispose of her. He is familiar with chemicals and, due to his work, he may have access to them and knowledge of how to use them safely.
View attachment 119251

A farmer checking his fences after a storm found Morgan Harrington out in a lonely field. A tip about rentals found Hannah Graham was found buried in the middle of nowhere.

All they need is one person to remember something or to give them any tip.

I don't see him using chemicals due to him living in an apartment.

It really bothers me that she could not get out of the car easily. There must be a way to allow emergency exit on the passenger side that cannot be disabled.

Up thread somebody posted a very nice video showing how when entering a vehicle you can look on the open door and disable the ability of the driver to child lock all doors. It was most informative. I'll try to find it.

This is it. [video=youtube;UtcFeWq0czE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtcFeWq0czE[/video]

Up thread somebody posted a very nice video showing how when entering a vehicle you can look on the open door and disable the ability of the driver to child lock all doors. It was most informative. I'll try to find it.
I posted that video but that is for the backseat passengers. Yingying was in the front seat.

Screen shot 2017-07-01 at 8.01.21 AM.png
She PANICKED early on!!!!
IMO she tried to get out of the car before he forced her into his apartment.

He may have simply employed the child safety lock button located on most driver side door consoles.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Just wanted to say, I hope no one is thinking he's creepy just because of the anime stuff and BABYMETAL (obviously he is creepy but because of other things). I know many people into anime and several who love kpop and BABYMETAL and non of them would hurt anyone. Being obsessed with that stuff is pretty common in todays culture.

<modsnip> Of course because someone is into a certain fantasy does not mean there's anything wrong with it. When it crosses over into kidnapping & murder of a beautiful lady, then it becomes a case of fantasy meeting reality. Since YingYing was a cautious woman, I believe she was familiar with BC & felt safe enough to get into the car with him.<modsnip>

I can't help but wonder where he was, or what he was doing the moment he realized they had his automobile on video. Oh, to have been a fly on the wall then, or when he opened his door and saw LE that first time.

Having that small moment of satisfaction though would be only a drop in the bucket of trying to understand the pure evil that created this act. I'm at a loss. Can't comprehend how all this is set in motion in the first place. When and where does this happen? I 'get it' intellectually, but emotionally? Never.

The criminal complaint lists his birthdate as June 30, 1989. Yesterday was his 28th birthday. Twenty eight years ago his mother was holding a precious newborn baby boy. Now THIS?!

Sorry for the rambling. I'm just so devastated for Yingying and her family...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57