Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as being a popular TA, that just means he was able to explain concepts well, was willing to help those who needed it, and wasn't a straight up d--k. Jmo.

Popular TA means he gave good grades to students. I read somewhere (prbly reddit) a student who had him as TA said he was 'lenient".

Exactly. It's easy to look back on images of him knowing what we know now and see things in him. But really I think he must have come across as a normal guy. He was a popular teacher by all accounts and was able to have normal relationships. I don't see anything at all sus about him in that video.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That look at the end, knowing what we know now, is very frightening to me.

What if he just couldn't restrain himself, couldn't hold it in any more, out of sick sadistic pride that it was him that caused all this pain and grief?

or maybe guilt (he is still human in there somewhere or some version of it)?

Maybe he knows the FBI is watching his every move and the stress got to him and he had a weak moment and let it fly?

I def believe he trusted whomever he said it too, I also believe he thinks he's smarter than everybody else so was careful in his wording. It will be interesting to hear exactly what was said and in what context during that convo.

Yes, it will. And you're right- for all we know, the confiding could have been done in tearful fear (guilt, I just can't buy) or in the context of gleeful bragging.
And yeah, he might well have parsed his words carefully - maybe not even saying what ultimately happened to YY.

Re: why he would confide in a 3rd party after being self aware enough to have already consulted an attorney

I'm leaning toward, because that person has had his intimate trust over a long period of time, and he believes he has their unconditional love
Or

There is a mutual blackmail type situation with that person (ie, he "had something on them,"); maybe related to this case, maybe not.

Bingo Tinypeeps I think you have something there on the blackmail aspect. IMHO he is a narcissistic psychopath. One thing narcissists do in order to get you to trust them and to control you is to convince you that they trust you.

Yes this is a way of getting you to trust them and be controlled by them. And then one of the next steps is to use emotional and or other types of blackmail, confided secrets and "shared private experiences" to control your behavior and ensure your allegiance to them.

God bless this woman, for whatever reason she did this and aided LE, even if it was only to save her own self, that she was brave enough to wear a wire or record conversations, if in fact this is how they got his words captured.

Popular TA means he gave good grades to students. I read somewhere (prbly reddit) a student who had him as TA said he was 'lenient".

Yes. Thats sort of what i meant, but mainly just that being a weirdo wouldnt keep him from being rated "popular" as long as yeah, he didnt make it hard to get a good grade.

Wouldn't the complaint state that they had obtained video of him hurting her then? I think this is unlikely.

I hope you are right about this being and open and shut case.

Imo, the criminal complaint is extremely abbreviated. I've never read one that was so devoid of details...usually we see names, very specific timeliness, and sometimes even lists of evidence. I don't know if this is because it's fbi, or some other reason, but I'm not taking what's absent into my considerations.

Jmo.

Bingo Tinypeeps I think you have something there on the blackmail aspect. IMHO he is a narcissistic psychopath. One thing narcissists do in order to get you to trust them and to control you is to convince you that they trust you.

Yes this is a way of getting you to trust them and be controlled by them. And then one of the next steps is to use emotional and or other types of blackmail, confided secrets and "shared private experiences" to control your behavior and ensure your allegiance to them.

God bless this woman, for whatever reason she did this and aided LE, even if it was only to save her own self, that she was brave enough to wear a wire or record conversations, if in fact this is how they got his words captured.

I agree on all points, you've said it better than I could!

Imo, the criminal complaint is extremely abbreviated. I've never read one that was so devoid of details...usually we see names, very specific timeliness, and sometimes even lists of evidence. I don't know if this is because it's fbi, or some other reason, but I'm not taking what's absent into my considerations.

Jmo.

Interesting. I wonder if it is because of the reputation of the attorneys they knew he already had.

I can't help but wonder how BC told his parents that he was under investigation/arrested - did he initially claim total innocence as he did with LE and then walk it back to the "I offered her a ride but let her out...." story? How do you even begin to tell your parent(s) that their smart, seemingly successful son has been arrested and charged with kidnapping? Sending up a little prayer for them, this has to be a painful and surreal and heartbreaking nightmare for them. Their loss is very different than the Zhangs' is, but it is also sort of a death, in a way, I imagine. I hope they arent blowing their life savings on legal fees - and that this is a pro-bono case. For their sakes.

I can't help but wonder how BC told his parents that he was under investigation/arrested - did he initially claim total innocence as he did with LE and then walk it back to the "I offered her a ride but let her out...." story? How do you even begin to tell your parent(s) that their smart, seemingly successful son has been arrested and charged with kidnapping? Sending up a little prayer for them, this has to be a painful and surreal and heartbreaking nightmare for them. Their loss is very different than the Zhangs' is, but it is also sort of a death, in a way, I imagine. I hope they arent blowing their life savings on legal fees - and that this is a pro-bono case. For their sakes.

In eariler post I said the salem sightings of yingying was probably proved incorrect, but I might be wrong about that, its still under investigation ,according to the most recent news report in China, there were 7 witnesses, and they claimed that not only that she had the exact outfit, one of them told the family that the girl speak English, said she came from China,*a student in UIUC. and even told them that her name is*Yingying...OMG. ....!

Link of chinese news: http://bit.ly/2uGPPoL

Link in english:
http://www.top-news.top/news-13078617.html

Google translation of the page:

Recently, there are media reports, in a small town called Salem , many witnesses said they have seen Zhang Yingying. The town of Salem is located at the junction of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. It is said that Zhang Yingying's family has come to the town, looking for clues and witnesses. Regarding this , The lawyer Wang Zhidong, that provide legal aid to Zhang Yingyings family has confirmed to the red star journalists that Zhang Yingying family went to Salem town to find Zhang Yingying is true.

"First of all I would like to emphasize that Zhang Yingying family never gave up, they have been hopeful, they have been looking forward to Ying Ying can return to the family side, so there are any clues, they are reluctant to give up, they do all their own The possibility to search, hope miracle can appear. "Wang Zhidong said.

Wang Zhidong said that according to someone on Facebook, on July 6 early in the morning, Zhang Yingying family went to the town Salem. Salem is more than two hours drive from the location of the Champagne school, and the family has been searching for a whole day till late night. Zhang Yingying's family visited many stores along the street in Salem, and seven were confirmed to the* family that they had seen Zhang Yingying, five of them were very sure. Everyone can recall the exact date, time and location, etc., some people provide very clear information that Zhang Yingying was in Salem on Saturday, June 16, she carried the exact same bag walking on the street to sell jewelry to local stores .

One of the witnesses said she was very clear about the date, the appearance of the girl and the conversation between them. She said that girl speak English, she said she came from China,* UIUC students, and even said that her name is* Yingying.

Wang Zhidong told the Red Star journalists, after returning to champagne, in the evening of July 6, the next day early in the morning,zhang yingyings family immediately went to visit the FBI and the local police, to inform them the day before the family was looking for the specific circumstances of Zhang Yingying. In the afternoon the FBI called the family to a meeting, which made their response.

The FBI's explanation probably includes the following: they have been aware of what has been said to have seen Zhang Yingying from Salem, and they are dealing with more important and valuable intelligence information; they are skeptical about the motivations of the information provider ; They said they would send investigators to do further investigation, but also that this approach will disperse their very valuable police force; FBI for the news of the logic and rationality questioned that Zhang Yingying disappeared in a week after the emergence of More than two hours away from the place and selling jewelry but not and family contact this matter in a reasonable explanation completely unreasonable. Zhang Yingying family members are not satisfied with the FBI's answer. Family members insist that they July 6 in Salem local interviews with several witnesses are very confident that at least had and Zhang Yingying very similar to the emergence of Chinese girls in the local. They urged the FBI to track the matter.

Wang Zhidong said that if the local witnesses are accurate, even though their claims do exist unreasonable, but at the same time he thinks there are many unreasonable cases, such as the FBI announced on June 30 that Zhang Yingying has been gone, but so far still can not get any direct evidence to support their judgments, it is also very unreasonable.

"Zhang Yingyings boyfriend Hou Xiao Lin is a doctoral student from University of Beijing, he has very logical thinking, rational and objective. For them in the town of Salem and several witnesses of the local conversation, he intuitively judged that these people did not lie, he believed* that they really have seen yingying,therefore he* asked the FBI to further investigate the matter.

*"Wang Zhidong said. FBI said that the family's unauthorized action will have a negative impact on the case investigation and family psychology. But the family thinks there is no choice. Zhang Yingying family do not know what was the FBI said about higher priority clues, do not know the FBI for the town's clues will eventually take action and when action, but any clue is a glimmer of hope!

Wang Zhidong said: "We can only fight for every possibility in the known category, we can not watch and do not act." Wang Zhidong hope that we could stand in Zhang Yingying family's position, adhere to the surviving hope, hope Zhang Yingying survived. "

After the disappearance of Zhang Yingying, the family has been standing on the hope that as soon as possible to find Ying Ying and take her home, this belief and position has never changed, and never shaken. We hope to be able to show everyone in the expected results, namely Zhang Yingying Will soon return to the family's side. "

The Chinese media have reportedly been lying/exaggerating the truth in relation to this case, so until we hear it from an alternate source im going to be wary

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

Also the small town effect. One person saw her, then of course another saw her. If two saw this incredible thing that comes with a 50k reward, then of course three others saw it too! It just balloons from one attention-grabbing liar instilling false hope into a desperate family.

In my honest opinion the FBI has extremely reliable evidence that she was killed quickly. There's a reason they didn't immediately follow up on these reports, and it wasn't incompetence or lack of manpower.

I just read up the Jessica Heeringa case. The way she was abducted, and the investigator's conclusion that she was murdered within 48 hours of abduction, could be the case here. The abductor could use a weapon (with or without injuring the victim) to force the victim to follow his directions, get off the car into the apartment.

Are we assuming that BC was talking about the kidnapping on the vigil march or has that been released by the police?

I'm wondering if he felt safe discussing what happened to Yingying when he was outside because he either didn't know he was under surveillance or didn't think he could be recorded outside. He clearly trusted the person he was with. Does anyone remember the scene on the movie The Firm when Mitch (Tom Cruise) realised his house is bugged. He and his wide run out of the house and won't talk again till they are well away from the bugging devices. Maybe BC thought nobody could hear him and was free to show off about his 'successful' crime. Just some thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The things which police took for processing from Christensen around the middle of the month, including the Astra, his cellphone, and household furniture/belongings... is it safe to assume they still possessed these on the day of the vigil (Jun. 28), or would any or all of these things have been returned to him by then?

The things which police took for processing from Christensen around the middle of the month, including the Astra, his cellphone, and household furniture/belongings... is it safe to assume they still possessed these on the day of the vigil (Jun. 28), or would any or all of these things have been returned to him by then?

In the video of him at the vigil, there appears to be a cell phone in his backpack, next to the water bottle, but whether or not it is the same one that was seized is anyone's guess, but I doubt it is. If they found evidence in his Astra, and I would wager that they did, I am sure that it would not have been returned to him. It is probably being held, until trial, as would any other evidence, especially since the car played such an important role in this case. JMO

In eariler post I said the salem sightings of yingying was probably proved incorrect, but I might be wrong about that, its still under investigation ,according to the most recent news report in China, there were 7 witnesses, and they claimed that not only that she had the exact outfit, one of them told the family that the girl speak English, said she came from China,*a student in UIUC. and even told them that her name is*Yingying...OMG. ....!

Link of chinese news: http://bit.ly/2uGPPoL

Link in english:
http://www.top-news.top/news-13078617.html

Google translation of the page:

Recently, there are media reports, in a small town called Salem , many witnesses said they have seen Zhang Yingying. The town of Salem is located at the junction of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. It is said that Zhang Yingying's family has come to the town, looking for clues and witnesses. Regarding this , The lawyer Wang Zhidong, that provide legal aid to Zhang Yingyings family has confirmed to the red star journalists that Zhang Yingying family went to Salem town to find Zhang Yingying is true.

"First of all I would like to emphasize that Zhang Yingying family never gave up, they have been hopeful, they have been looking forward to Ying Ying can return to the family side, so there are any clues, they are reluctant to give up, they do all their own The possibility to search, hope miracle can appear. "Wang Zhidong said.

Wang Zhidong said that according to someone on Facebook, on July 6 early in the morning, Zhang Yingying family went to the town Salem. Salem is more than two hours drive from the location of the Champagne school, and the family has been searching for a whole day till late night. Zhang Yingying's family visited many stores along the street in Salem, and seven were confirmed to the* family that they had seen Zhang Yingying, five of them were very sure. Everyone can recall the exact date, time and location, etc., some people provide very clear information that Zhang Yingying was in Salem on Saturday, June 16, she carried the exact same bag walking on the street to sell jewelry to local stores .

One of the witnesses said she was very clear about the date, the appearance of the girl and the conversation between them. She said that girl speak English, she said she came from China,* UIUC students, and even said that her name is* Yingying.

Wang Zhidong told the Red Star journalists, after returning to champagne, in the evening of July 6, the next day early in the morning,zhang yingyings family immediately went to visit the FBI and the local police, to inform them the day before the family was looking for the specific circumstances of Zhang Yingying. In the afternoon the FBI called the family to a meeting, which made their response.

The FBI's explanation probably includes the following: they have been aware of what has been said to have seen Zhang Yingying from Salem, and they are dealing with more important and valuable intelligence information; they are skeptical about the motivations of the information provider ; They said they would send investigators to do further investigation, but also that this approach will disperse their very valuable police force; FBI for the news of the logic and rationality questioned that Zhang Yingying disappeared in a week after the emergence of More than two hours away from the place and selling jewelry but not and family contact this matter in a reasonable explanation completely unreasonable. Zhang Yingying family members are not satisfied with the FBI's answer. Family members insist that they July 6 in Salem local interviews with several witnesses are very confident that at least had and Zhang Yingying very similar to the emergence of Chinese girls in the local. They urged the FBI to track the matter.

Wang Zhidong said that if the local witnesses are accurate, even though their claims do exist unreasonable, but at the same time he thinks there are many unreasonable cases, such as the FBI announced on June 30 that Zhang Yingying has been gone, but so far still can not get any direct evidence to support their judgments, it is also very unreasonable.

"Zhang Yingyings boyfriend Hou Xiao Lin is a doctoral student from University of Beijing, he has very logical thinking, rational and objective. For them in the town of Salem and several witnesses of the local conversation, he intuitively judged that these people did not lie, he believed* that they really have seen yingying,therefore he* asked the FBI to further investigate the matter.

*"Wang Zhidong said. FBI said that the family's unauthorized action will have a negative impact on the case investigation and family psychology. But the family thinks there is no choice. Zhang Yingying family do not know what was the FBI said about higher priority clues, do not know the FBI for the town's clues will eventually take action and when action, but any clue is a glimmer of hope!

Wang Zhidong said: "We can only fight for every possibility in the known category, we can not watch and do not act." Wang Zhidong hope that we could stand in Zhang Yingying family's position, adhere to the surviving hope, hope Zhang Yingying survived. "

After the disappearance of Zhang Yingying, the family has been standing on the hope that as soon as possible to find Ying Ying and take her home, this belief and position has never changed, and never shaken. We hope to be able to show everyone in the expected results, namely Zhang Yingying Will soon return to the family's side. "

I HOPE and pray this is a true sighting but I have doubts. I have never followed a case here where a sighting was indeed the missing person. People are usually mistaken, or worse, just want they 2 minutes of fame and don't care what they put the family through. Not saying this is the case here, but I have doubts it was YY.

If this was her it would be the oddest twist I have ever heard about.

I HOPE and pray this is a true sighting but I have doubts. I have never followed a case here where a sighting was indeed the missing person. People are usually mistaken, or worse, just want they 2 minutes of fame and don't care what they put the family through. Not saying this is the case here, but I have doubts it was YY.

If this was her it would be the oddest twist I have ever heard about.

I hope its not some cruel joke, someone dressing up like YY going around town calling herself YY. I guess it could all be a coincidence too, but whoever this person is should call LE and explain the mix up if its just an honest mistake of identity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nahnah_2015