Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #162

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question -
Based on docs used for search warrant; I'd expect forensic results on these to be presented at trial.

Seems to me these are supportive proofs ...

A family member stated prior to the gag order that they were told by LE that they have DNA.
Hope that they weren't referring to the cat. ;)

Which document stated that there was a match to RA's cat? I don't believe that has been stated...only speculated. It's not in the PCA and the only other available doc relates to RL.

Which document stated that there was a match to RA's cat? I don't believe that has been stated...only speculated. It's not in the PCA and the only other available doc relates to RL.

And can anyone link a reliable source to a buried cat or is this just a rumour from unapproved SM sources that‘s now growing legs? I don’t recall anything other than neighbours noticing a fire pit being dug up.

Investigators searched Allen's home two weeks ago, with a focus on the property's fire pit, FOX 59 reported. The search yielded evidence that led to his arrest.

And can anyone link a reliable source to a buried cat or is this just a rumour from unapproved SM sources that‘s now growing legs? I don’t recall anything other than neighbours noticing a fire pit being dug up.

Investigators searched Allen's home two weeks ago, with a focus on the property's fire pit, FOX 59 reported. The search yielded evidence that led to his arrest.

I honestly believe that the cat thing is just a rumour. I obsessively read/listen to everything I can in this case...have not heard any reputable media person mention it, and I'm 100% sure that the PCA/charging docs for RA make no mention of it

Good question -
Based on docs used for search warrant; I'd expect forensic results on these to be presented at trial.

Seems to me these are supportive proofs ...

A family member stated prior to the gag order that they were told by LE that they have DNA.
Hope that they weren't referring to the cat. ;)
When did we see the search warrant docs?
LE did not tell us these things. I hope they turn out to be true too but we can’t go by rumors here.

When did we see the search warrant docs?
LE did not tell us these things. I hope they turn out to be true too but we can’t go by rumors here.
Just for the DNA part - They have always said there was DNA. But.. like the sketches, it’s been walked back and confusing.

Last edited:
I honestly believe that the cat thing is just a rumour. I obsessively read/listen to everything I can in this case...have not heard any reputable media person mention it, and I'm 100% sure that the PCA/charging docs for RA make no mention of it
FWIW, it was in DM, from a “source”. Sounds fishy (pun intended). :p

Beginning May1:
The decision to allow cameras in certain court proceedings will be up to local judges, as opposed to the Indiana Supreme Court.

The amendment defines news media as "persons employed by or representing a newspaper, periodical, press association, radio station, television station, or wire service." A judge has discretion to decide what qualifies as news media, and the public is still prohibited from recording court proceedings.

Hey @FrostedGlass !
Waving Red Cap Smiley
Hope all is well!

Just wondering IF there might be any updates for his next hearing? Since the 2/17/23 one was cancelled... TIA! ;)

I'm really hopeful that Indiana courts will take advantage of the decision to allow media cameras in the court room. They all were given the approval to live stream proceedings during the Covid lockdown. Since some are still streaming, I'll assume that all of them still can.

ATM, there are only 7 counties live for a total of 15 courts. Many never did stream, which I don't understand. It appears to be much easier because they don't have to transport inmates most of the time and those who are out on bond can appear by phone. The attys can conduct their business from their home or in other courts.

Hey @FrostedGlass !
Waving Red Cap Smiley
Hope all is well!

Just wondering IF there might be any updates for his next hearing? Since the 2/17/23 one was cancelled... TIA! ;)
02/16/2023Order Issued
On the Court's Motion, and with the consent of the parties, the hearing scheduled for February 17, 2023 at 10:00 a.m. on Defendant's Petition to Let Bail will be continued and the resetting of the same will be conducted with the attorneys, the Defendant, and the Court appearing remotely February 17, 2023 at 1:30 p.m. Court orders the Transport Order for the Defendant cancelled.
Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances -SJ
Order Signed: 02/16/2023

Thanks. It's nice when we agree with each other but it's ok when we don't.

I think there are a good number of people right here who would vote to convict RA based on what little we actually know. I think they are fairly representative of the jury and I think the jury will likely form opinions early. They will be under great pressure to find him guilty; it's a heinous crime and Carroll Co has put a lot of time, effort and money into bringing someone to trial.

If you were on the jury and the prosecutor said in closing: "I know this isn't a perfect case and it's based mostly on circumstantial evidence, but we strongly believe this man horribly murdered 2 innocent young girls. We've worked hard for 6 years to bring the killer to you; now have the courage to find him guilty of murder."
If you had doubt, would you be the holdout?
No!!!
What good would convicting him be,if he were innocent.
The "REAL" murderer would be free.
The police have a lot more evidence than we do and rightfully so.
In this regard this case is not unique.It would be extremely foolish
to jeopardize the case just to appease some curious sleuthers.
The answers will come in time he said so in that last press conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vsora1