Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #90

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, like maybe at a laundromat? Getting drunk at a bar/seeming upset? At that "abandoned" vehicle? In the cemetery? Buying a can of gasoline (to burn his clothes)?? Possibilities are endless, but I definitely see your point!
There was a woman early on who took photos of a man visiting her son (?) in a white Dodge with a paper tag on it and reported it. Someone she feared.

This has probably been addressed but I went back and listened to the PC. He referred to the vehicle being abandoned between the hours of 12 pm - 5 pm, not permanently abandoned. Also, he speaks to the killer for at least half of the PC, which I also find interesting.
Are you sure you aren't mixing up abandoned-building for abandoned-vehicle? The vehicle was said to have been parked there for 5 hours, that does not seem to be abandoned.. but apparently *where* it was parked, was at an abandoned building.

"Police are also looking to identify the driver of a vehicle that was parked at an abandoned CPS/DCS/Welfare building on the east side of County Road 300 North, near the Hoosier Heartland Highway.

That vehicle was parked at the building between the hours of noon and 5 p.m. on the day the girls went missing."

Delphi murders: New sketch of killer, video from Libby's phone released

BG probably is a local, but unless they're about to arrest him, I don't think LE is certain that he lives there. Or ever has.
And I seriously doubt this would be a first murder being a double homicide.
He isn't entirely stupid, or he would have been caught by now.
Thinking he's still not that nervous and maybe has taunted police.
The FBI does have all the necessary means at their disposal. Why is he still free?
Frustrating:(
Jmo
Chi

They could have interviewed someone close to a person resembling the primary sketch and an alibi was provided, and now they need someone to bust that alibi

No way in hell was BG going to be lured into the pc imo. He covered his tracks pretty well apparently, hed know what they were trying to do.
I think he was probably there and shocked when they revealed the new pic that looks like him. He was safe with the old pic. Where's he going to hide now?

When they say the family left because they were upset, which family do they mean? Both? Just one? Which?

I don’t post here often but I read here daily and have followed this case from the start.

A couple of things stood out to me and the first one was obviously how emotional he was and the gestures of grief and horror he made when talking about the crime scene.

Then Doug Carter stumbled slightly over the line ‘Directly to the killer...’ and all of a sudden my husband (who wasn’t watching but was in earshot) piped up and said whoever was talking just read a stage direction by accident.

It was so spot on, in context with what I was seeing from the actions and gestures that I’m certain that every pause, gesture, break in his voice and everything else was scripted and directed by someone like the FBI to trigger guilt or shame or something in BG. Surely you would say ‘directly to the killer’ but just ‘to the killer’ unless it is a stage direction of sorts. It sounds weird.

The constant references to religion, shame, guilt and the afterlife for Libby and Abby fits too. I’m certain it was from profiling and they know a lot more about the likely killer and his beliefs than I ever did before. I have to wonder if there was maybe something significant about the crime scene that told them he was religious like some sort of religious ritualistic feature or something. Not to mention, it was Easter and the Friday is about crucifixion and the Sunday is about resurrection and eternal life... in line with the comments about the girls not being how they were left in the woods now but at peace, it seems significant somehow. Alternatively, they could just have an actual suspect in mind who fits in with the profile of religious belief.

The other interesting thing that stood out was him saying: ‘You didn’t think we would ever go in a different investigative direction, but we have’ which seems a really odd thing to say and the pause that followed was clearly there to give it gravity.

I can’t imagine (never having been a potential serial killer myself) that they ponder the unlikelihood of state police’s ‘investigative direction’ changing. It seems an oddly specific thing to say. Surely they think police will investigate whichever strategic direction they please! Maybe they do have a specific suspect?

At the end of the press conference, the officer minimized the video and closed window. The officer's desktop was then revealed, and there were lots of files on the desktop.

A part of me wonders if LE may have intentionally placed something on that desktop as a message to the killer.

Can anyone make out the names of the files? I saw a pic of a red truck. What can you see?
Lol
I tried going down that rabbit hole too. I paused my screen and enlarged. I couldn't see much...

I wonder... with the fact that this press conference was so carefully orchestrated, so clearly based on a profile, and the fact they believe he may insert himself into the case. The fact it's about power and control. The fact that all the LE on the case are particularly grim, above and beyond what would be expected even in other cases of child murder.

Whether he taunted them at the scene, or after, or if the killing was just so bold and brutal... or ritualistic...

I get the sinking feeling they are treating this like a serial killer. Or at least a budding serial killer.

Why 'The Shack' 2017 film was mentioned in reference to unsolved Delphi murders
"Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter mentioned the 2017 film "The Shack" Monday when talking about the killings of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams in rural Delphi.

Carter addressed the person responsible for the unsolved Delphi murders in the context of "The Shack," a religious-themed story adapted from a 2007 novel by William Paul Young.

“I recently watched a movie called 'The Shack.' There’s also a book that talks so well about evil, about death and about eternity," Carter said. "To the murderer, I believe you have just a little bit of a conscious left. And I can assure you that how you left (German and Williams) in that woods is not what they’re experiencing today."
He's addressing the murderers evil sadistic heart.

Delphi in 2010 census was a pretty small town IMO. Wonder how many people can be eliminated from physical characteristics alone.

"....
2010 census[edit]
As of the census[3] of 2010, there were 2,893 people, 1,135 households, and 694 families residing in the city. The population density was 1,059.7 inhabitants per square mile (409.2/km2). There were 1,270 housing units at an average density of 465.2 per square mile (179.6/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 91.7% White, 0.4% African American, 0.2% Native American, 0.2% Asian, 5.5% from other races, and 1.9% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 11.3% of the population...."
"....The median age in the city was 37.5 years. 25.9% of residents were under the age of 18; 8.5% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 25.5% were from 25 to 44; 22.3% were from 45 to 64; and 18% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 47.9% male and 52.1% female...."
Delphi, Indiana - Wikipedia

I'd start looking through the Dept of Motor vehicle records.... registration etc. Don't they say everyone is a suspect until ?

I really hope they solve this ......
:(

I've seen people on here and other sites saying that Delphi is so small that "everyone knows everyone" and that people are at least known by site, but I would disagree. It's a small town population wise, but there are quite a few people who drive into the area to work. Indiana Packers, Alloy, and Next Day all brought people in from other towns and even other counties. Then there are several construction companies and landscaping services. The #1 thing I hear from my family who lives there is, "When I was a kid I knew everyone in town, now I don't know a soul." There is quite a bit of fluctuation with people moving in and out, especially over the past 10 years.

My problem with both sketches is that the original photo and sketch looked like half the middle-aged men in Indiana, while the new one looks like a whole bunch of the younger ones. I don't think either image is going to help the general public play "match the BG." I think what they're hoping for is that somewhere someone has been sitting back for two years thinking, "Well, that night when Bob came home he had blood on his pants and he was acting really sketchy, but he doesn't look a thing like that sketch so it must not be him." And now that they've seen the new one something clicks into place. I don't think the sketch is meant for the public, I think it's meant for a specific person out there as a final piece of the puzzle.

Providing details to a sketch artist is difficult. Some people only notice general features while others zoom in on one specific part, like the eyes or nose. It's never going to be accurate, but hopefully it will be just enough to urge someone who already has a piece of the mystery.

They are basing this assessment on the past actions of people that they believe to be similar to him.

A lot can be learned from past crimes, and that’s essentially what profiling does.

This idea that he may attempt to insert himself into the investigation, and even attend a press conference, is based on past behaviors from people who they believe exhibit similar psychological characteristics.

In general, these people follow the news about this case closely, and have a hard time keeping their mouths shut.

They’ve got a big secret, and everyone is talking about them. They can’t come out and take credit, but they can achieve a measure of attention by bragging to others.

There are some great books about this sort of thing, written by former FBI profilers.

John Douglas, Robert Ressler, and Roy Hazelwood have written some solid ones.
I would also like to add, these perps like to re-live their crimes, and since their "kills" are them living out their fantasies, being able to taunt LE by being involved in searches, present at pressers, etc; they get to insert themselves once again into their ultimate fantasy while it's being played out. These 3 profilers are the best of the best...great reads to learn from. MOO

I think he’s “local” in that he’s not from thousands of miles away, but probably not a Delphi resident. There’s some smaller towns with a 30 minute drive that are likely places he lives. Probably been to Delphi many times. Moo

I think he’s “local” in that he’s not from thousands of miles away, but probably not a Delphi resident. There’s some smaller towns with a 30 minute drive that are likely places he lives. Probably been to Delphi many times. Moo
Yeah, I think that’s a solid possibility.

He appears to be very familiar with the area, but that doesn’t mean he lives there.

He could travel there for work (Fedex driver or something), he could have family there, or he could have lived there in the past.

Are you sure you aren't mixing up abandoned-building for abandoned-vehicle? The vehicle was said to have been parked there for 5 hours, that does not seem to be abandoned.. but apparently *where* it was parked, was at an abandoned building.

"Police are also looking to identify the driver of a vehicle that was parked at an abandoned CPS/DCS/Welfare building on the east side of County Road 300 North, near the Hoosier Heartland Highway.

That vehicle was parked at the building between the hours of noon and 5 p.m. on the day the

Delphi murders: New sketch of killer, video from Libby's phone released

This article says car was "abandoned". Very confusing!

Delphi murder investigation features new sketch, background on 'heartless ...
Fox News

Then Doug Carter stumbled slightly over the line ‘Directly to the killer...’ and all of a sudden my husband (who wasn’t watching but was in earshot) piped up and said whoever was talking just read a stage direction by accident.

It was so spot on, in context with what I was seeing from the actions and gestures that I’m certain that every pause, gesture, break in his voice and everything else was scripted and directed by someone like the FBI to trigger guilt or shame or something in BG. Surely you would say ‘directly to the killer’ but just ‘to the killer’ unless it is a stage direction of sorts. It sounds weird.

BBM; as an actor this is a FASCINATING read of that moment and absolutely plausible. If this was the case, it would seem to indicate that either they believed and suspected their man was in the room with them, or else it was possibly a direction to address a camera directly to achieve a targeted effect.

Here’s my take on the new image:

Toss the hat, add full head of hair, lose the scruff, make him younger and the features look the same to me. (Albeit: the chin)

the peak of the brows are similar
both *sets of* eyes are “hooded”. The only area of the lids where the crease is visible is the nasal canthus area.
the nose is nearly identical, nostrils are visible and aren’t particularly flared.
The mouth looks quite similar.

Eta: *
Honestly, the first sketch looks like the person in the second sketch is looking down at a camera phone.

I would also like to add, these perps like to re-live their crimes, and since their "kills" are them living out their fantasies, being able to taunt LE by being involved in searches, present at pressers, etc; they get to insert themselves once again into their ultimate fantasy while it's being played out. These 3 profilers are the best of the best...great reads to learn from. MOO

It would not surprise me if he was involved in the search or other event, and investigators realized they had seen the face from this "new" sketch, but do not know who it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trotski24