Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see it more as a major turning point in the investigation. One that will hopefully lead to an arrest. Jmo

Dear MsBetsy,

Yes, I agree! The investigative team has momentum going as well!

The development of the parked vehicle at that building could be key to this investigation.

When I looked up the address of the building's parking lot on satellite map I could see the paved path leading to the forest trail towards the bridge the girls were on.

I hope, as well, that an arrest will be made soon.

Thank you.

I will never be one who condemns LE in this case, especially when I don't have one piece of factual evidence to even base it on.

I am very thankful they have come out now with the new sketch. They have lived, and breathed this case for over two years, ,
and no one knows it better than they do.

They are the ones who have the evidence in hand. They are the ones who are determined to bring justice to these two precious young girls.

Imo, it very easy to sit back, and criticize from afar when having no involvement nor any first hand knowledge about the details of the investigation.

I will never do that against all of these LE agencies who have worked veey hard on this case.

But I do know they have valid information, and that is why this case has taken a new direction.

I don't condemn them. I commend them for everything they have done.

Jmo
I agree.

The public always thinks they know better, almost invariably, that isn’t the case.

This isn’t some small town police department going it alone.

There are a great deal of state and federal resources being employed here.

We don’t know what they know, and for the most part, they appear to be relying on evidence supplied by witnesses.

If physical evidence is limited, and this is all you have to go on, it’s not easy to bring a case like this to a resolution.

It’s easy to criticize when you don’t have all the facts.

I have a great feeling about this case now. I never believed it was someone passing through who did not know the area. Look at the new sketch. That is a young healthy strong looking individual. It makes perfect sense that someone like him could execute a horrific crime like that in a short amount of time. Be realistic in your thinking. Could an older beer belly limping individual be a suspect you would think of?

I wonder if it is an extended family member? Who else knew where they were going that day? Was it common for them to go hiking all alone?

I think this is key. The sister dropped them off on way to work and stopped at friends house. She may have mentioned it in passing and someone with I’ll intentions took note.

I have a quick question from one of the initial press conferences. ‘Very early’ on it was stated by investigators that photo on the bridge taken by Libby and the audio recorded on her phone might be from two different assailants. At any time has it been stated or clarified if it is a single suspect or is it suspects that they are seeking tips on?:(

Here is the press conference I am speaking of:
UPDATED: Delphi homicide victim recorded, photographed suspect on her phone

Press Conference Wednesday Morning
<snip>
ISP Supt Doug Carter:Added there's a possibility of more than one person, saying the person in the photograph might not match the voice on Libby's phone.
<snip>
Indiana State Officer Bursten also said the grainy photograph of a man on the Monon High Bridge that was released last week was also taken from German’s phone, though he hesitated to connect the voice with the photograph.

“We’re not saying the voice you heard is the same person in the picture,” he said. “As much as we’d like to tell you everything, more importantly we want to solve the crime.”

UPDATED: Delphi homicide victim recorded, photographed suspect on her phone

The mention of the abandoned car and the immediate control of both victims makes me question if there was more than one murderer present that day.

Finally since it was the next day till Libby and Abby were found murdered by the river. Could there have been a second perp to move them to the crime scene.

I hope this will be the break we have all prayed for.

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #91

“Just 24-hours before, the girls were hiking the trails, dropped off around 1:45 p.m. on Feb. 13. About 25 minutes later, Libby posted a Snapchat of Abby on the bridge. By 3:11 p.m., they had gone silent, Libby’s dad trying to track them down.

“He got there and nobody was there. He ran into a guy and he was coming from the bridge. He said ‘did you happen to see two girls up there?’ He said ‘no I did not.’ By 4 p.m. it was like ‘oh man,’” said Patty.”

bbm

Thank you !

upload_2019-4-24_16-49-28.png

upload_2019-4-24_16-51-30.png

upload_2019-4-24_16-53-55.png

I cant get past the body language and red cheeks of the police officer standing next to Carter during press conference. In my opinion if the suspect could possibly be in the audience, why wasnt he watching for their reactions. It was like he was the one being spoken about!
Are you referring to 'Sheriff Tobe Leazenby' (sp?)? If so, to me it looked like he was doing a tongue-in-cheek thing the entire time. Isn't this the case where early on, he was actually put forward by someone AS a potential suspect (which he disclosed during one of his interviews?)

MOO From the very beginning, my gut told me the cops were not conducting this investigation in the correct manner...I felt that they were slow to produce any results. The news conferences were all vague with little details. The bodies were found the next day, yards from the search area...I feel it was maybe mishandled. Now look what we have..."it is this guy...no-it is this one-just disregard that other one."
And further back when LE called off the search that night.

Something or someone directed the focus to the sketch made in February, 2017.

Perhaps the new development of the car parked at the building (which had a paved trail towards the woods that led to the bridge) ties in with the sketch of the p.o.i.
Possible new info having that vehicle being there is " messing up" someone's alibi and making that "new to us" sketch more important, I betcha......moo

I think 2 years is too long to exactly remember what you were doing and what you've seen or saw on that specific day. I doubt new information like that will crack this case.
I disagree. That was a huge day. People drove by that area that day and then later heard about the girls “lost” and then later murdered would think - I just drove by there. Did I see anything amiss?
Someone may have noticed the car at the abandoned cps building- they may have known who owned it but didn’t think anything of it because he didn’t resemble the sketch.

And further back when LE called off the search that night.

It was midnight when the search was called off. It is not safe to host sponsored searches in a dark wooded area near a river where anyone could be injured, lost, or otherwise incapacitated.

Nobody suspected murder at that point. IMO it's baseless to blame LE for calling off a night search. It is done constantly to protect the safety of the searchers and it is the accepted practice.

I cant get past the body language and red cheeks of the police officer standing next to Carter during press conference. In my opinion if the suspect could possibly be in the audience, why wasnt he watching for their reactions. It was like he was the one being spoken about!
I believe his cheeks are always red. It’s honestly probably just rosacea.

I agree.

The public always thinks they know better, almost invariably, that isn’t the case.

We don’t know what they know, and for the most part, they appear to be relying on evidence supplied by witnesses.

If physical evidence is limited, and this is all you have to go on, it’s not easy to bring a case like this to a resolution.

Agreed strongly!!

I agree.

and it's impossible to recognize someone from a sketch you've never seen. They are asking everyone about a car parked at the DCS building for a few hours over two years ago and haven't given any description of it (to weed out false confessions). They just told everyone to disregard the sketch of the man they've been asking everyone to identify for two years. In what world is this good police work and not pure incompetence?

But he always looks stone-faced like that. Have you watched any of the other PCs or interviews?
Yes I have and he swallows,blinks and averts his eyes when certain points are put forward.

Well we have people asserting as fact things about the crime scene that have not been reported through official channels, assertions about family members, links to articles about unrelated crimes with an apparent intent to have people compare the perps of those crimes to the new photos......this thread is going to get locked down in 3....2......1......

What’s off for me JMO was the juxtaposition of aggressively asserted apparent knowledge of the perp’s thoughts, implying they’re closing in on him, coupled with continuing to beg the public for tips and info. IMO those don’t mesh. Either they’re closing in OR they need random people calling a tip line ..... not both.

Here’s what I really really want to think: they’re closing in & wanted to address him directly - hopefully even in person - so they pretended to have new info for the public & staged a press conf to make sure he wouldn’t miss it.

Here’s what I fear: they have nothing, the case is growing colder by the week, & this was a desperate attempt to shake it up - they dressed up old info as something new to get BG & the public’s attention and hopefully produce any hint of a new lead worth following ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member