Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #98

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the phrase “ the way you left them” was used to convey a brutal attack-and I think this was disclosed for one reason.
If someone close to BG is covering with knowledge of his involvement. Maybe he confessed, but distorted the facts to make it seem more accidental...I realize I’m reaching here...
If this suspect did confess to someone maybe he painted himself in the most flattering light.
I feel with young victims in particular there seems to be a pattern of the attacker blaming the victim in some way.
I think this phrase was bold. To leave no doubt that the suspect unleashed uninhibited evil.
I can only hope those words reached the intended individual(s).

Last edited:
Delphi is such a small town ..unless BG has completely changed his looks, I cant see how he is still in that area. He has lucked out with a wrong sketch for 2 years. He could look totally different by now. I doubt he is still in Delphi. I know LE thinks he may be..I just don't see it.
The only way I see him being caught is by a friend or family member turning him in.
Lets just pray this comes sooner rather than later before he does this again.

don't forget that girls did not recognize him, so if he was from Delphi, he was obscure... from school, sports, etc., they probably know a fair amount of people

Then why even show the image? None of this is making sense to me...that police know who did it. I am convinced they would be quietly going after everyone who knows him, making attempts to get DNA, break alibis on their own, etc...not flinging words into the air. Jmo

You are assuming they are not already doing this. I think there is no basis for that assumption. In fact, it's extremely likely that is what they are doing behind the scenes right now. Just because LE isn't broadcasting every step they are taking, doesn't mean it's not happening. This is a multi-agency task force. You don't think they are following the usual protocol when it comes to this kind of case? It's not a zero sum game. Conducting a PC to put more pressure on the killer and close associates does not preclude any of the above.

I already gave a possible reason as to why they showed the image. To increase the pressure, to let the perp know the noose is tightening. Ideally they want a confession or more eye witnesses to build a strong case. They need to gather as much evidence as possible that will not be thrown out in court. They may know, with strong certainty, who did it, but still be wanting to bolster the case with as much corroboration as possible. Having those close to the possible suspect giving tips or testimony is obviously preferred over random tips from online sleuths. Confessions are very helpful for a case too, if they can get it due to pushing the right buttons psychologically, all the better.

Or someone who wanted the girls to think he had familiarity with them. It's a casual form of address and sounds friendlier than "you young ladies" or even "you girls". If we play "7 degrees of BG" with them, then chances are there is some sort of connection, whether it's relevant or tenuous at best. But that doesn't necessarily mean that they knew him or that he targeted them.

Agree. Haven't some commented that one girl said to the other, "Is that (creepy) man still following us?" (or behind us or whatever?) Wouldn't whichever girl it was name him at that time?
Is Mr ......... still behind us?" "Is that creepy ............. still following us?"
Why would she call someone she knew "man?" I don't think she would.

they probably were going to "process" the crime scene too- not just grab the body, so possibly the shoe was the first visible easily accessible item found.

From watching the Dr Phil show, nothing was said to give the impression the victims were not still wearing their shoes. Because they were, identifying the shoe color was how Kelsi ID’d their identity in an indirect way, so she wasn’t forced to view two dead bodies.

That was my understanding of it.

Something I’ve always wondered, if LE do not have enough evidence and witnesses, how can they know who did it?

Believing something does not equate to being able to prove that to a jury in a trial. You've gotta convince a jury beyond any doubt that something happened using specific rules of evidence and testimony. There's any number of reasons why LE could know who did it but couldn't get a conviction. Maybe evidence got destroyed or was deemed inadmissible due to the method of collection, maybe the culprit made a confession but it wasn't recorded or it was made under duress. LE has to not only prove something, but they have to do it in such a way that their methods of investigation, interrogation, and evidence collection are all in accordance with the law.

Then why even show the image? None of this is making sense to me...that police know who did it. I am convinced they would be quietly going after everyone who knows him, making attempts to get DNA, break alibis on their own, etc...not flinging words into the air. Jmo
Releasing a new sketch (which is even less detailed than the old sketch, btw), specifying a broad age range (18-40), releasing more audio, showing the video clip, speaking of the killer in terms of what might or might not be true, appealing for tips, appealing for patience, etc. -- this is what LE does when they need help solving a case. Not when they've got a suspect already ID'd. But I guess up is down and inside is out. ;)

I think if BG is someone who has a not so good reputation or someone who hangs out with others with a bad reputation, then LE wouldn't say he's been hiding in plain sight. Otherwise I think his reputation would cause suspicion to those around him. I really think he is someone thought to be honest, respectable, safe and trustworthy. In that case I don't think he would tell anyone what he's done. This IMO is something you would only tell another bad guy and I don't think BG associates with other bad guys.

I realize hiding in plain sight could be referring to the fact that everyone has been looking for someone who looked similar to the previous sketch though.

Believing something does not equate to being able to prove that to a jury in a trial. You've gotta convince a jury beyond any doubt that something happened using specific rules of evidence and testimony. There's any number of reasons why LE could know who did it but couldn't get a conviction. Maybe evidence got destroyed or was deemed inadmissible due to the method of collection, maybe the culprit made a confession but it wasn't recorded or it was made under duress. LE has to not only prove something, but they have to do it in such a way that their methods of investigation, interrogation, and evidence collection are all in accordance with the law.

Ironically, the very same “they know, they’re just building their case” discussions have been prevalent here on these threads throughout the entire time LE was circulating the prior sketch as well. Obviously they didn’t know then. As LE continues to seek tips without stating they have a particular POI in their sights, I have no reason to believe they know now either.

July 17, 2017
“We’ve got the information out there, the pictures out there, now we’ve got this composite that we feel it is the same person and we just want to make sure that people realize this picture is this person ," Riley said....”
Police release sketch of man accused of murdering Delphi teens Liberty German and Abigail Williams

Releasing a new sketch (which is even less detailed than the old sketch, btw), specifying a broad age range (18-40), releasing more audio, showing the video clip, speaking of the killer in terms of what might or might not be true, appealing for tips, appealing for patience, etc. -- this is what LE does when they need help solving a case. Not when they've got a suspect already ID'd. But I guess up is down and inside is out. ;)

On their press release the age range is actually narrowed to 20-late 30s. The emphasis seems to be for everyone to think younger. And if that's the possible range, also remember the "looks young than he is". This is a big difference that they need those in Delphi to process.

I cannot decide if I think BG mentally practiced whatever he was going to do and was not about to "deviate from his plan," or if he was more like in a fugue state doing this- not so much reacting or absorbing anything, just self-focused acting out. posters on here keep talking about killers reliving their acts, but aren't there some people who barely remember what they did? ..like a hawk swallowing a mouse (sorry for this analogy) but I am wondering if BG has detailed memories.

I am positive he does not. See, it he suddenly forgot he was YBG and took the identity of, say, GBY, changing clothes, look, voice, personality and then went and killed the girls, he’d probably not revert to his “pre-fugue state”, destroy clothes, evidence, and came back YBG with a good alibi. Fugues last longer. And while there may be a secondary gain in a fugue, i’d rather believe a bored mom of four having a fugue, flying to Argentina, checking into a 5-star hotel, getting beautiful clothes and a new outlook and having a fiery romance with someone local. Then returning back home in a shame. In a fugue, people usually dissociate to run away from their previous life because there something in it they don’t like. How bad was BG’s life to escape it by being a bridge murderer?

Here, the person has a legal reason to use amnestic state for defense, but to me, it seems he perfectly knew what he was doing.

Plus, even if he has fugues during which he attacks defenseless girls and violently kills them, he had to be kept behind bars, sorry. Forever.

Everyone in my area knows who killed Brookelyn Farthing (she has a thread on WS). It's one of our worst open secrets. When LE talks about getting justice for her death (cause we know she's dead) it's always an appeal to those around the dude. He'll probably never talk unless one day he commits another crime and needs a bargaining tool. They seem to think that targeting the people in his life and appealing to them is the way to go. The only real evidence got destroyed so until someone squeals and can actually show someone where the bodies are, I'm afraid this will remain "unsolved." In this case, however, there's presumably more evidence than in Brookelyn's so it seems to me like they wouldn't have to rely on others so much. IMO they don't have a specific suspect for the Delphi murders, but they may have several ideas of what kind of person did it-perhaps even an idea of vocation. They just need someone to come forward and help them tie all of it together.

It is unfortunate that there is/was not more media attention on Brooklyn’s disappearance. I have read some of the available information on her, and if I had to guess what happened.....

Makes you wonder how many suspects for major crimes are out there that have not been arrested. LE may have POIs all day long..but if they don't have evidence to make a case then they walk among us. Its frustrating.

Believe me LE is or has been just as frustrated as everyone else when cases like these aren't solved quickly

They dedicate their lives to finding monsters like BG

The thing is evidence is evidence and they can only work with what they have

Incorrect witnesses, partial DNA, blurry images

All things that likely frustrate them to no end

Also if it is a true stranger murder like I believe it is, they can be extremely difficult to solve

Look at JP, he was on nobodys radar and if it wasn't for JC's bravery we may still be wondering what happened to her and her parents

I truly think this case will be solved, but I think its pretty apparent that there was no solid evidence, especially early on in this case

JMO

Makes you wonder how many suspects for major crimes are out there that have not been arrested. LE may have POIs all day long..but if they don't have evidence to make a case then they walk among us. Its frustrating.

Yes it must be very frustrating. For all we know investigators in this case have a dozen or more different POIs but have nothing substantial enough to narrow the focus. In my opinion that’s a reasonable explanation of why the Press Conference was held. Hopefully at least one of the tips they’ve recently received will be the lead they’ve been waiting for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member