IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have all gone back and forth debating/theorizing if this "meeting" with the girls was random or planned.

Here's some scenarios:
1. BG set out to do evil on Monday, 2/13.
Figured trail/bridge would be quiet and secluded for a week day. Would be easy to abduct a victim. Wouldn't he had to have assumed he would run into an adult instead of children? Only people who would know it was a school recess day would be: a)parent/relative/school worker of school district student. These type of school breaks (random due to snow day - not a publicized holiday) aren't really known to unaffected people. If he's local somebody MUST know him? As we've heard (don't have links, were in first thread I think) there have only been a couple witnesses who came forward saying they were out there that day. So did he assume he'd overtake a female adult and then couldn't believe his luck with the girls?

2. BG had no intention of doing evil that day
Was at xxxxx and overheard Abby and Libby planning their picture taking and hiking and followed them.

3. BG somehow crossed paths with girls on SM agreed to meet them. I don't find this plausible though because I'd think there would be some cyber footprint and LE would have more leads.

Too bad there is no way of knowing how many people are thought to visit the trail/bridge this time of year (% weekday vs % weekend would be helpful too).

Was it the JcOnline one? I couldn't read it without subscribing.

With a lot of these sites you can bypass their tracking cookies by visiting the page in a private/incognito window/tab in your browser. This will allow you to view the article after your "limited free articles" is up.

Ctrl+Shift+N will open a private window in Chrome.

Edit to add:
Journal Courier article mentioned a few posts back.
[h=1]Police give a vague glimpse into Delphi investigation[/h]

I think difference is that the discussion about the girls' characteristics and details of the crime we don't know has the potential to be hurtful to family members. Talking about the topography and layout of the trail, etc., does not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Respectfully, posts about topography, maps, angle of daylight, etc. have also been criticized by people.

I guess I do not understand writing a post simply to tell others that their contributions/ideas are ridiculous or hurtful, yet adding nothing germane to the discussion. Like the mods keep reminding us, scroll and roll.

We are all here to think and brainstorm and also bide our time while LE works to get this creep. We are here because we care about Abby and Libby.

It looks like it may have been deleted. If you recall, someone had posted pictures of someone and there was quite a few modsnips. If anyone is on now that posted the link to the new article, please provide the link again. It gave details that the police have other video that Libby recorded that they have declined to release. The weirdest thing mentioned was that they weren't calling it a homicide investigation. Also, they said that they were not sure there wasn't another suspect. Please someone find it! I closed the window because I just knew that this article would be the central part of discussion today.
I Know the article you referenced. It was from a foreign news source. IT contained a lot of info we know to be false according to what le has stated. IMO, it's not accurate or worth posting because it will only cause issues here.

I Know the article you referenced. It was from a foreign news source. IT contained a lot of info we know to be false according to what le has stated. IMO, it's not accurate or worth posting because it will only cause issues here.

Thank you for clarifying!

I looked a bit, and has there been any actual confirmation that the police have the physical phone in hand vs. the data being retrieved from a cloud/app service? The MSM articles allude to the data from the phone but I don't see anything stating it was retrieved physically, unless I am just not seeing it?

There seems to be some assumption that the POI is non-tech savvy or smart enough to grab the phone, but that could possibly not be the case.

Alternately, we don't know if the phone was indeed physically recovered, if it was near the bodies or if it was found in the search (e.g. phone was along the path of struggle and POI was unable to locate it).

There are one or 2 MSM reports saying the phone was found on Liberty's person. But not sure if I trust that or not. I think it's how the discussion of which girl was the main target got started. Or trying to get more of a picture of the man that he would leave it on her or even the circumstances like he had to flee. But that's without knowing if that media report is even correct.

It looks like it may have been deleted. If you recall, someone had posted pictures of someone and there was quite a few modsnips. If anyone is on now that posted the link to the new article, please provide the link again. It gave details that the police have other video that Libby recorded that they have declined to release. The weirdest thing mentioned was that they weren't calling it a homicide investigation. Also, they said that they were not sure there wasn't another suspect. Please someone find it! I closed the window because I just knew that this article would be the central part of discussion today.

Ohh I think I know the 'not sure a homicide' bit got my attention, it was an aussie article?

Is this it? http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news-life/residents-of-delphi-indiana-live-in-fear-as-teen-girls-killer-remains-at-large/news-story/28908ec6b693b0460913a84d05b93c13?utm_content=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=EditorialSF&utm_source=News.com.au&utm_medium=Facebook

Its a TERRIBLE article that is why I shut it down and dismissed it.

I believe the reward is over $200,000. Considering this is such a horrific crime that needs quick resolution I'm surprised the reward isn't more.
In Australia we have a little boy missing William Tyrrell and that reward is $1,000,000 which I believe is posted by our government.
Do you have higher rewards in the US?

I believe the reward is over $200,000. Considering this is such a horrific crime that needs quick resolution I'm surprised the reward isn't more.
In Australia we have a little boy missing William Tyrrell and that reward is $1,000,000 which I believe is posted by our government.
Do you have higher rewards in the US?

200K is a very high reward here. But, I don't know what the exchange rate is from US to AUS

could be an underarmour logo

attachment.php
It is hard to say. The top image made me think of sooty and sweep (two puppets I have not thought about in years) Not to make light of this horrific crime. It could be a logo but these images get distorted a little doing this. Good observation..not sure if it is though.

I have tried everything! Will someone please tell me how to post a darn message with link? I am so frustrated! I have so much to say haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member