IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 - #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very interested in this. On one hand, it seems to me that if he is innocent, he could have an attorney and also cooperate. On the other hand, it's hard to know what exactly entails uncooperative behavior from LE's perspective.

I know there's not much to do now but sit and wait for things to unfold, but gah... it's making me so anxious.

I think for LE, who would naturally want to question anyone at any time, if you insist on only being questioned when your attorney can be present they might think that's uncooperative. I think it's smart so that slips of the tongue, (natural for someone not used to public speaking and being questioned who doesn't want to incriminate themselves in other matters such as their drinking and driving habits) are not taken for something more. Like the discussion of home/house/property, etc.
I am hopeful for RL that in the end he will be known for having worked with LE and his incarceration a diversion he willingly participated in.

Wow- I checked in here yesterday sometime and had to scroll past 2 entire threads. I really hope and pray this is the thread that gives the families and the community (to include our WS community) some long awaited answers. I am waiting to find out who BG is. I have faith in all the agencies working on this case just hope we get more information soon.
I will remain no comment on RL but really wonder if that flat bed truck that was hauled away (on a flat bed) belongs to and is registered to RL. They must have had good reason to take possession of that truck. I can see them doing a very thorough top to bottom check on all of the outbuildings and his home but hauling away his truck- has me wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has it ever been stated when RL left to go to Lafayette? Would Lafayette be the closest town to buy the type of fish he wanted? Just curious if there was anything related to why he got home at 6:30pm.
There were calculations done on the timing of this some threads back. IIRC people figured out that if he had left his house 5:15 pm, gone straight to Lafayette, bought the fish, and then gone home, he would have gotten back to his house at around 6:30 pm. Believe that's all we had/have to go on.

One never has to answer any questions put forth to them by LE - never. In a situation such as this, I'm glad RL is not talking because it is in his best interest.

And we don't know if he is or not. I try not to forget that everything LE says publicly is calculated for a response by the perp, it's not for us. Yes I believe they would lie to us about whether he is cooperating or not.

Let's not completely devalue "slips of the tongue"in any investigation. See below....from Psychology Today article.

"Deception
shows up in other often-overlooked stylistic stuff of speech—if you know what to look for. Jack Schafer does. The former FBI special agent homes in on words such as then, so, after, when, as, while, and next—so-called text bridges—because they span information gaps. And that, finds Schafer, is precisely where much can be found.

"Most liars tell the truth up to the point where they want to conceal something, skip over the withheld information, and then tell the truth again," he says. Text bridges help by allowing speakers to omit information they'd like to conceal. To the trained ear, the same words serve as markers to locate withheld information."

IMO he didn't go to get fish.

He was maybe in a bar,
That would be his lie.

IMO
When your lawyer tells u to shaddup you shadddup.

I agree, but there may come a time when RL's lawyer tells him he should take a plea deal and tell LE what he knows, and that will be determined by what if anything they find in his house.

Let's not completely devalue "slips of the tongue"in any investigation. See below....from Psychology Today article.

"Deception
shows up in other often-overlooked stylistic stuff of speech—if you know what to look for. Jack Schafer does. The former FBI special agent homes in on words such as then, so, after, when, as, while, and next—so-called text bridges—because they span information gaps. And that, finds Schafer, is precisely where much can be found.

"Most liars tell the truth up to the point where they want to conceal something, skip over the withheld information, and then tell the truth again," he says. Text bridges help by allowing speakers to omit information they'd like to conceal. To the trained ear, the same words serve as markers to locate withheld information."

Slips of the tongue like the neighbor starting to say victims?

I agree, but there may come a time when RL's lawyer tells him he should take a plea deal and tell LE what he knows, and that will be determined by what if anything they find in his house.

Exactly.
But they need to find out what the search results are.
Why should he talk if they found nothing?
Jmo

Not cooperating could be what LE says to throw off the BG
Did RL need a ride to his procedure?
Did a friend or acquaintance drive? Did that's friend of acquaintance do the murders? Or maybe that person
had another friend - that RL knows nothing about?
Maybe if someone drove RL, they returned to his house to wait for RL to need a ride home. Maybe they brought a friend over to RL's house.
Maybe RL's driver has a record and RL is not supposed to be around him or vice versa. Or maybe if there is a friend of a friend, RL really knew nothing about him.
On another note, BG had to get the girls to the best possible out of the way spot as fast as possible. It was daylight and he had to move quickly. RL's land was the closest, private spot. It does not seem like he took them to a nearby building as he would again, been in a hurry and I felt it wasn't his building, he would leave them there and get out

IMO he didn't go to get fish.

He was maybe in a bar,
That would be his lie.

So that raises a couple of questions. My understanding is that just driving a vehicle would be a violation of his probation, would being in a bar compound the violation and make it more serious? Since he wasn't subject to a breathalyzer test when he came home that evening there would be no way to prove ( from a legal standpoint) he drove drunk that evening. Also, would just the probation violation be enough for a judge to sign off on a probable cause warrant to search his home for a connection to the murders? JMO but there is something else about his alibi that prompted the warrant other than just the probation violation... but that is unknowable because the warrant is sealed.

Absolutely. And like RL's slip saying in a CNN phone interview, "Well...it's been very---really difficult to understand what all has been going on here. The pain and agony caused by the families and---the, to the families and the community". Of course he's stressed. Of course no one judges him for a little mistake in speaking. I'm merely saying that under duress, slips of the tongue may reveal something the person is trying to conceal without realizing it.

Under advice of his attorney.

we don't know that his attorney is the reason. IMO, if he was just being careful and wanted a lawyer present, they would not have said not cooperating. I also think if a lawyer tells him not to speak, it is for a reason

To be honest, had i heard about them being missing under the circumstances,(on a trail that they were very familiar with) i would not have had the attitude that they would be found alive. Jmo

Exactly.
But they need to find out what the search results are.
Why should he talk if they found nothing?
Jmo

Agree completely, IF he did indeed harbor BG in his home and hopes to hide that, he better have really meticulous housekeeping abilities. Better than the housekeeping abilities of other 77 yo men that I have known.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member