IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am asking this because I have the opportunity to ask one of the detectives that worked on the case. Not that he has given me the "you can only ask one question" Jeanie in a bottle thing, but I wanted to approach him with one question. Something he may or may not answer, but it's worth a shot right?

Do they think it was an experienced killer?

Do they think the girls were targeted/stalked or chosen at random?

Do they think this was a premeditated planned act or a spontaneous one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see maybe a black glove on his right hand. And a partial gun or knife coming out of the holster. Are you thinking the shadow is from that?! MOO I can totally see that! The shadow on his pants curves up exactly how a knife would. How it comes to a point

ETA: IMO when looking at the GIF files, it appears as if he could be running.

Yes yes yes , thanks. it's so strange i never picked up on that shadow like that looking at the still pictures. it wasn't until I saw them moving in a GIF motion it jumped right out at me

Oo. Lucky you (and us by extension). Before I can answer with the one question I would ask how well do you know this detective? I think that would change the question I would ask...for example do you know him well enough that you would be able to tell if he was bluffing, hedging his answers, etc?

I have worked with him for over a year now. He is a great guy but sometimes hard to read...as most detectives are.

It was hard seeing him last week because he had been in Delphi since the beginning and now that things are being cut back. But I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

The last two question were answered in the interview of the LE PIO. I believe he was interviewed by websleuths.

I agree.
I've also noticed in Aus. if they can pin something on a suspect they will incarcerate him or keep him busy going to the probation office or even court cases.

We have a POI in a missing five year old who went missing 5 years ago now. LE dug deep into POI's past and found a previous crime back in 1986 where he allegedly raped a five year old girl. He is facing charges and appearing in court. He is a hard nut to crack but our cops are just not giving up.

IMO they have their man because there are no alerts of danger in the area.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Tyrrell-3-Kendall-NSW-12-Sept-2014-26/page11

Along these lines, in the Chelsea Bruck case here in Michigan, investigators didn't release the cause of death either but they also weren't constantly warning residents of ongoing danger.

In the end, it turned out, they had recovered DNA and were waiting on a match to turn up. It eventually did. The perp was a 20-something who claimed Bruck died during rough sex and that he got scared and hid her body. The police did not say whether they believe his story, of course, but they didn't seem to think the perp was a serial killer. They seem to have suspected all along they were looking for an individual who may not have a criminal record but who made a series of bad choices under the influence (it occurred after a huge party where substances were rampant), imho.

This may not turn out the same way but it's possible.

Another similarity in Chelsea's case was that LE made comments about the terrible nature of her COD which led locals to speculate all kinds of things from mutilation to gangs of sex traffickers branding the body. But it seems, in retrospect, the officers were just recounting the terrible nature of finding an innocent young person's body abandoned in the wilderness (cause of death was thought to be strangulation or blunt force trauma--possibly accidental).

I place my bet it's a SK.. I'm convinced.

I have to agree IMO that this is a Serial killer.. It's obvious that this is an experienced killer that knows what he is doing.. IMO I believe that he studied the area and terrain and was well prepared to commit this crime.. IMHO I cant help but think that there must have been some kind of sexual offense committed to the girls for the simple fact that LE is rounding up any sex offenders in the area for questioning ?? IMO I don't think that LE has any clue as to who this perp is and IMO they know their dealing with a SK?? Maybe IM totally off and it is a local ??

This case still wakes me up at night.

I wonder if BG was there to meet someone else that day...someone who changed their mind and didn't show. A social media meet up. Perhaps he had been waiting and finally saw the girls.

Perhaps the person who originally planned to be there is too afraid to come forward either because she is afraid for her life or this was a secret meeting she is afraid to admit to family especially considering the outcome.

This would solve my question as to how he came to this place and why.

I will admit, though, that meeting someone in this location seems odd and dangerous, which it was.

JMO

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Hmmm...I disagree. Not really in the middle of nowhere, its a public park that serves as a hangout for the local kids so it's not so far out that it's inaccessible. Not deserted either, there were others on the trails. There were no leaves on the trees and not a lot of "low brush" to act as a sound barrier, and the visibility through the trees was excellent seeing as it was an unseasonably warm, sunny day. So I agree that it's really hard to imagine someone committing this crime right there out in the open in the middle of the afternoon.
This is the first I've heard that the area is a hangout for local kids. Was the entire school district out on 13 Feb or just Abby and Libby's school?

If you had the chance to ask LE one question, what would you ask? Think about it before you answer.

Considering that the search was called off due to it being too dark would it be wise for the LE department to invest in a pair of night vision/thermal imaging googles for the department for future use?

Jmo

Along these lines, in the Chelsea Bruck case here in Michigan, investigators didn't release the cause of death either but they also weren't constantly warning residents of ongoing danger.

In the end, it turned out, they had recovered DNA and were waiting on a match to turn up. It eventually did. The perp was a 20-something who claimed Bruck died during rough sex and that he got scared and hid her body. The police did not say whether they believe his story, of course, but they didn't seem to think the perp was a serial killer. They seem to have suspected all along they were looking for an individual who may not have a criminal record but who made a series of bad choices under the influence (it occurred after a huge party where substances were rampant), imho.

Another similarity in Chelsea's case was that LE made comments about the terrible nature of her COD which led locals to speculate all kinds of things from mutilation to gangs of sex traffickers branding the body. But it seems, in retrospect, the officers were just recounting the terrible nature of finding an innocent young person's body abandoned in the wilderness (cause of death was thought to be strangulation or blunt force trauma--possibly accidental).

Yea, but Chelsea disappeared from a large large party... I don't see any similarities whatsoever comparing the cases and respectfully , I highly doubt it was a 20 year old who did this. then again who really knows.. I hope we all find out soon

I am asking this because I have the opportunity to ask one of the detectives that worked on the case. Not that he has given me the "you can only ask one question" Jeanie in a bottle thing, but I wanted to approach him with one question. Something he may or may not answer, but it's worth a shot right?

Hiya all, I have followed this terrible case from afar, and I hope it is solved soon.

What surprised me is that the man on the bridge actually followed them, and this made me wonder where he had come from. IMHO there is no point in hiding in the bushes waiting for someone to pass by ... you might wait in vain a long long time.
He must have come from somewhere, within a short time frame, because it all happened shortly after they got on the bridge, and he must have gone to somewhere and ppl may have seen him on the road, before or after.

If he came by car, did he leave the car and how did he get back?

So my question would be if they know about everyone who was on the road leading to the trail, and on the various roads from the trail (assuming that he left in a different direction)

Is there DNA? ( sorry to be an idiot if that's been cleared up) if it has been answered then please change to " Could LE please release another photo to help people recognize the young girls' murderer?

Yea, but Chelsea disappeared from a large large party... I don't see any similarities whatsoever comparing the cases and respectfully , I highly doubt it was a 20 year old who did this. then again who really knows.. I hope we all find out soon

yes I'm quoting my own self because I just wanted to say what a nightmare that was for the investigators who initially were dealing with 300 plus potential suspects to sift through from that party. it's a miracle that it was ever solved and probably never ever would have if not for DNA

Hiya all, I have followed this terrible case from afar, and I hope it is solved soon.

What surprised me is that the man on the bridge actually followed them, and this made me wonder where he had come from. IMHO there is no point in hiding in the bushes waiting for someone to pass by ... you might wait in vain a long long time.
He must have come from somewhere, within a short time frame, because it all happened shortly after they got on the bridge, and he must have gone to somewhere and ppl may have seen him on the road, before or after.

If he came by car, did he leave the car and how did he get back?

So my question would be if they know about everyone who was on the road leading to the trail, and on the various roads from the trail (assuming that he left in a different direction)
{IMO} He could have been in a position upstream from the bridge and was able to seem them cross. {IMO}

Not claiming the disappearances are similar in any way.

I am suggesting LE's comments about the tragic nature of the death led to speculation about graphic, violent acts of serial killers that ended up being completely untrue.

And I am suggesting that LE didn't warn the public regularly because they suspected it was a crime committed by an amateur under the influence.

Both of these could be true here, in my humble opinion. :)

Morning BessDrew!
I hope the similarities you've drawn between Chelsea and the girls ends there. If I remember correctly that violently raped another woman after he killed Chelsea.[emoji17]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Do you think it could be someone local who can "hide in plain sight" because he is a "good guy" - has a family, active in things, never been in trouble and may work in some aspect of LE (such as a corrections officer or something)?
Yes!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

It looks different uptown now. Equipment that was on the street is gone and I only two or three police cars parked at the old REMC building. Much different from what it was a week ago with large trucks and satellite dishes on trailers and cars and truck from many different LE agencies. What does this tell us?
69d7f901d086aba089f6b097774e8159.jpg

[video=twitter;845315037505859584]https://twitter.com/IndStatePolice/status/845315037505859584[/video]

Wish I could be as positive as those who think LE knows who killed these girls. I'm hopeful they know but IMHO they don't know who bridge guy is.

Try to remember always that they had a MASSIVE force working this case from the get-go! I think they had it narrowed down and were just trying to weed it down before a few weeks had passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592