IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion is they've done the best they could've done. It looks like it was probably sharpened (without over-sharpening and adding even more distortion) and they've added a healthy contrast. One thing for sure is you can't add detail where there isn't any in the first place.

I assume experts employ sophisticated algorithms that will enhance the image by interpolating what's there, but probably the results would be minimal. Of course, I have no idea what tools they use, but at best we're talking a guess by a computer. Probably the more effective enhancements are related to low-light or underexposed images, where they're recovering some detail that can't be seen initially.

All just my opinion, but one thing I've learned is you can't magically re-create detail if it's not there in the image to begin with.

In your opinion, it's taken from quite a distance at that point? It seems cropped and enlarged. I've dealt with many images but just as amateur so maybe I'm wrong,

OK I'm getting more confused....Are both JW and RL currently in jail in probation violations? Was JW out of jail on Feb. 13th?

JW was arrested sometime this month, 23rd? JW was arrested on child molestation charges. That is the JW we were allowed to sleuth. (Justin Wildey)

Would LE have better access to NASA these days? I know they were called in to improve a surveillance video in 1999 in MN, and did enough to show a team logo on a hat and/or jacket.

I'm wondering if the man who abducted a female juvenile a few days ago only to get into a police pursuit which resulted in the abductors death could be responsible for the murders of Abby williams and Libby German.
The man who police shot dead was named Peter J. Doffin(I'm pretty sure that I'm within this sites TOS by posting his name since he is now dead).

http://fox59.com/2017/03/28/police-...-home-leading-officers-on-multi-county-chase/

What do you all think? Could Peter J. Doffin be the perp?
I think he looks too thin. He's also dark complected with almost black hair. Jmo.

Very sad for his teen daughter to have witnessed that.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Me too! Maybe we can get a group rate.

I also have crow on order, just in case I need to eat some.

I'll bring the tea and wine and we can all indulge.

Waiting is making me irritable but I know the LEOs have to be working really hard to make a case and I feel confident they will. No matter who BG is, none of us know for sure, right?

Hey, I'm closing this thread shortly so everyone hang on.

OK I'm getting more confused....Are both JW and RL currently in jail in probation violations? Was JW out of jail on Feb. 13th?

JMO...
As far as I can recall, since I can't find a link, this is JMO, RL was arrested on probation violation on a Friday. The next week, possibly Tuesday or Wednesday, JW was arrested in the child molestation (?) charge from last year. As far as I know, he was MIA during Abby and Libby's murders. JMO.

I mentioned him earlier because another member questioned who else there was to sleuth besides RL (paraphrasing). I do not recall JW being 100% ruled out and asked if any knew if he was.

In your opinion, it's taken from quite a distance at that point? It seems cropped and enlarged. I've dealt with many images but just as amateur so maybe I'm wrong,

Yes, the first time I saw that picture I figured it was a crop from a larger image. I'm not sure what conclusions to draw from that (was he just in the background when Abby was the subject? Was Libby trying to capture him without being too obvious? Was he just really far away at that moment?) but it definitely looks as if it was cropped out of a small area and enlarged. The details are soft and the compression artifacts (all the blockiness) are large. In the full image, the foreground elements are usually sharper and you don't see the compression artifacts (unless you're looking for them).

"Police yesterday said they've interviewed 300 suspects, but have yet to find the man who killed Libby German and Abby Williams.

Investigators say they are making progress in the case, but they're doing it quietly. "

March 28, 2017
http://wibqam.com/news/articles/2017/mar/28/still-hope-for-investigators-in-delphi-case/

Did anyone else notice on the Inside edition interview that the reporter said and i'm paraphrasing here. That LE told him that they were either trying to clear RL or move him up higher on their suspect list. So it would seem that LE had identified him as a suspect .......:thinking:
edit to add: Also make me wonder if LE asked the inside edition reporter to try to get RL to say down the hill?

[url]http://www.insideedition.com/headlin...ers-were-found

[/URL]

What about the other 300 "suspects" they said they interviewed?

From what I have read, I believe the creek area was searched on the 13th IIRC. Who searched that area on the 13th -do we know? Was it definitely clear at that time? Who discovered the bodies on the 14th? I thought I read on here that a neighbour discovered the bodies as well as footprints. I remember thinking that if it had been searched or at least walked the previous day then there would be footprints, which then led me to think that perhaps the perp was on the 13th search and tramped around the creek area on purpose. Then took the bodies there later, the footprints being partly explained by the previous days searching. JMO. Was the creek area actually searched on the 13th? Also, is the neighbour who asked RL if they could search his property the same neighbour who found the bodies? Is it also the same neighbour who owns the big silo? Was the silo searched if it does not belong to RL? Sorry for all the questions but it could be useful to clarify these points IMO.

Was neighbor a reference to one of RL's neighbors? Or a reference to someone who owned a house neighboring the park? This is probably not the case but I can't ever remember them naming the person. Is there any way at all RL could have also discovered the bodies as well and that just hasn't been said?

That's not possible...right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMO...
As far as I can recall, since I can't find a link, this is JMO, RL was arrested on probation violation on a Friday. The next week, possibly Tuesday or Wednesday, JW was arrested in the child molestation (?) charge from last year. As far as I know, he was MIA during Abby and Libby's murders. JMO.

I mentioned him earlier because another member questioned who else there was to sleuth besides RL (paraphrasing). I do not recall JW being 100% ruled out and asked if any knew if he was.

This shows JW still MIA....
http://crimetips.org/wanteds.aspx?SID=51504

Trying to decide the best way to word this, but, if he was seen or otherwise caught in possession of a firearm, that would add yet another felony to his record(it's a felony for a felon to be in possession of a firearm AFAIK), and would seem extremely foolish, given he was already on probation for a felony. As it had been shown with his court records that his license was currently suspended(Iirc), I guess I assumed that the violation would likely have been driving or alcohol related, but since we really don't know, I suppose it's just as plausible that it could have been gun-related.
Remember the person who stated their opinion that it was the firearm possession that triggered the PV? I believe that is back on thread 40 and her name is Ashley-something.

Yes, the first time I saw that picture I figured it was a crop from a larger image. I'm not sure what conclusions to draw from that (was he just in the background when Abby was the subject? Was Libby trying to capture him without being too obvious? Was he just really far away at that moment?) but it definitely looks as if it was cropped out of a small area and enlarged. The details are soft and the compression artifacts (all the blockiness) are large. In the full image, the foreground elements are usually sharper and you don't see the compression artifacts (unless you're looking for them).

I agree. I do wonder how it looks without the zooming etc. I wonder in fact if that would make him easier for someone to identify...unless he was so far away this wouldn't make sense...I know that we think IMO per Gray's video he was what 80 feet away?

I think he had a goody bag too. I think that white thing coming out of his jacket in the front is the handle. He can grab it and toss it if cops come. Over the bridge.....

Why did he make them cross the creek?
To get to the other side...(sorry, couldn't resist[emoji10]).

A local filmed footage across from the crime scene and the water was incredibly shallow. Around an inch, maybe 2. Also had a sandbar that you could walk out into and be halfway across the creek without even getting feet wet. It's a MUCH shorter trek than the theory proposed regarding north side of bridge. and remember, there was crime scene tape on the south side entrance to the bridge leading "down" a hill toward the creek.

Is your opinion the FBI should've been able to sharpen it up? Just curious

It's my opinion that the FBI should have the best professionals in the entire United States that should be able to sharpen this image in some way. This can't possibly be the "best they can do".

I know it's not helpful to the case but I'm seriously questioning how we can get crystal clear images of galaxies outside of our own in deep, deep outer space but this picture is the best the FBI can do? What about a sketch from the video that they do have? I agree that them keeping the video for LE only is probably in the best interest for everyone but they can put together a better image from watching it, watching HIM. What about a height estimate? Weight? We get nothing but this picture that could literally be a 20 year old to an 80 year old man with no face and baggy clothes.

I'm so frustrated and I'm losing faith in LE in regards to this case. Our children aren't safe, our girls aren't safe until this disgusting individual is locked up forever.

How does an assumption most anyone would make, including us, suddenly become suspicious just because RL made it? IMO, this is an example of trying awfully hard to turn RL into the main suspect. Maybe there are reasons to be suspicious of him, but this ain't one of 'em, IMO.
That's why I stated what you bolded!
Don't turn my reply into something it's not please.

And it's NOT exactly the same as what the rest of us are assuming because I know I didn't have a probable cause SW served on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member