IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that we are 2 months into the investigation and people are still debating if RL is the killer shows how nothing of any substance has come from the investigation what so ever. It breaks my heart to say it but LE seems to have nothing, I don't know if this will ever be solved

What video? What actions? The only "video" released were stills. We are not aware of his actions on the bridge. How can one tell motive from a still photo with 0 context?

Right Just meant the stills from the video. Just from those photos there is not much to gain but it does make me lean one way based on what he was wearing and lots of assumptions based on the two photos.

Assuming he does have a gun and assuming he is turning towards the girls and assuming he seems angry. Lots of assumptions which could all be wrong.

So aside from RL, approx how many other people do we think are in jail because of probation violations and possible links to the case?

Also, isn't part of the bridge actually closer to other landowners? We know they were found on the edge of RL's property, but in many aspects of this case the bridge and possible areas they could have been lead are closer to other landowners.

And I strongly believe this quote played a big part in why anyone with information about this crime is NOT ever coming forward.....

“If we receive a tip about a person and we go to talk with that person and we find out through the investigation they have maybe a warrant for failure to appear or another crime, we’re not gonna turn a blind eye and just let them go,” said Sgt. Tony Solcum with Indiana State Police.

Even if your going to do this, why put it out to the public and scare anyone who may be able to help into keeping silent??? Strategically this was a really really really bad move IMO

Reminds me of Taylor Paschal-Placker, 13, and 11-year-old Skyla Whitaker who were gunned down while walking along a remote road in Weleetka, Oklahoma. I thought it would never be solved too. It took years but there was finally an arrest 3 years later.

And I strongly believe this quote played a big part in why anyone with information about this crime is NOT ever coming forward.....

“If we receive a tip about a person and we go to talk with that person and we find out through the investigation they have maybe a warrant for failure to appear or another crime, we’re not gonna turn a blind eye and just let them go,” said Sgt. Tony Solcum with Indiana State Police.

Even if your going to do this, why put it out to the public and scare anyone who may be able to help into keeping silent??? Strategically this was a really really really bad move IMO

I've been screaming about that for weeks. What the hell were they thinking? moo

"probably the property owner" was in response to someone asking who would they be looking at had they not released the video still or audio. I think the PO would still have gone through everything they have since this crime happened, even without the release of either. I think he still would have lied about what he was doing that day with or without it.

What did he lie about?

How many people can Carroll County Jail hold? Maybe we can google the names and see what comes up. The killer may already be in custody on other charges.

The fact that we are 2 months into the investigation and people are still debating if RL is the killer shows how nothing of any substance has come from the investigation what so ever. It breaks my heart to say it but LE seems to have nothing, I don't know if this will ever be solved

Yep it's a shame and I'm 99% convinced he is innocent of this crime.

from link:
Dozens of search warrants have been executed after tips led investigators to potential suspects. Police have even made arrests based off those tips, but none of the people arrested are involved in the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.

http://fox59.com/2017/03/01/arrests-made-in-delphi-not-connected-to-murder-investigation/

So aside from RL, approx how many other people do we think are in jail because of probation violations and possible links to the case?

Also, isn't part of the bridge actually closer to other landowners? We know they were found on the edge of RL's property, but in many aspects of this case the bridge and possible areas they could have been lead are closer to other landowners.

I don't expect LE to ignore serious crimes. A person with information can probably use it as a bargaining chip with the DA, but I do not want people sworn to uphold the law turning blind eyes to child abuse, armed robbery or driving under the influence and endangering the public.

LE is walking a very precarious tightrope so I understand why they'd be willing to overlook petty crimes to get people to loosen their tongues, but I don't expect them to give a pass to violent criminals. They'll solve this case due to dedicated and dogged police work and evidence. Hopefully they've received the public's help they've needed and there will be an arrest soon.

This has puzzled me too:

[FONT=&quot]“That young lady is a hero, that is no doubt,” said ISP Sgt. Tony Slocom. “To have enough presence of mind to activate the video system on her cell phone to record what we believe is criminal behavior is about to occur, there is no doubt in our mind that she is a hero.”

[/FONT]
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/indiana-state-police-call-liberty-german-a-hero-for-capturing-audio-photos-of-suspect

how do they know it was Libby who decided to start recording, maybe Abby had her phone in her pocket when things go weird and she turned to Libby and said hey get this on your phone.... Im not saying thats what happened Im just pointing out that :

1. How can they speak with such confidence that it was Libbys idea to start recording?

2. Why didn't they call both girls hero's? Why not say these girls were hero's they had presence of mind to record what was happening?

Someone a little while ago made a statement about how little we ever hear about Abby, IMO that was a valid observation and I question that as well...

Very good observations you two. It had crossed my mind, but I didn't dwell on it. But now you both have me thinking...why not make an arrest first or at least get some really good leads and *then* go after warrants, etc. And no disrespect to LE at all, but now is not the time to make up for missed work.

Of course the thinking is that if they have a warrant, then they may have criminal backgrounds, etc. I get that. But don't waste precious time and paperwork that can wait for later.

This has puzzled me too:

[FONT=&amp]“That young lady is a hero, that is no doubt,” said ISP Sgt. Tony Slocom. “To have enough presence of mind to activate the video system on her cell phone to record what we believe is criminal behavior is about to occur, there is no doubt in our mind that she is a hero.”

[/FONT]
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/indiana-state-police-call-liberty-german-a-hero-for-capturing-audio-photos-of-suspect

how do they know it was Libby who decided to start recording, maybe Abby had her phone in her pocket when things go weird and she turned to Libby and said hey get this on your phone.... Im not saying thats what happened Im just pointing out that :

1. How can they speak with such confidence that it was Libbys idea to start recording?

2. Why didn't they call both girls hero's? Why not say these girls were hero's they had presence of mind to record what was happening?

Someone a little while ago made a statement about how little we ever hear about Abby, IMO that was a valid observation and I question that as well...

Did Abby even have a phone? That was never verified, as far as I remember.

ETA: Libby's grandfather made sure to call both girls heroes.

from link:
Dozens of search warrants have been executed after tips led investigators to potential suspects. Police have even made arrests based off those tips, but none of the people arrested are involved in the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.

http://fox59.com/2017/03/01/arrests-made-in-delphi-not-connected-to-murder-investigation/

That article was written March 1st. Why hasn't the media posted articles specifically naming any of those people who were arrested or had warrants served? Why is RL the only person who has been arrested and named for unrelated criminal activity?

I don't expect LE to ignore serious crimes. A person with information can probably use it as a bargaining chip with the DA, but I do not want people sworn to uphold the law turning blind eyes to child abuse, armed robbery or driving under the influence and endangering the public.

LE is walking a very precarious tightrope so I understand why they'd be willing to overlook petty crimes to get people to loosen their tongues, but I don't expect them to give a pass to violent criminals. They'll solve this case due to dedicated and dogged police work and evidence. Hopefully they've received the public's help they've needed and there will be an arrest soon.

I agree with you 100% but how does it help the investigation to put that on the nightly news? My point was that LE saying it, putting it out there they way they did completely ruined the chances of someone coming forward IMO People who may have been involved or know something probably dont have a spotless background....

Being an Indiana native, I think RL has more of drawl, or "southern inflection" to his speach, but it's like the BG pictures...ambiguous enough to be possible. What I do believe, though, is that voice analysis software is about as precise as fingerprint matching, and LE likely knows without a doubt whether or not that voice is RL's.
I will have to go back and listen to him. Sounded like every man i know from delphi...

Did Abby even have a phone? That was never verified, as far as I remember.

ETA: Libby's grandfather made sure to call both girls heroes.

I remember Libbys grandpa saying it, I just found it worth looking at a second time as to why LE have focused so much of the praise on Libby only.

Some questions for those who think it is RL- I so wish I could be on board because it would make so much sense, but some things I can't get past. The still of BG- do you really think that it resembles RL? Also, why was RL on the bridge? I do not have a link but I have read many times that he is terrified of heights? I MIGHT buy that it could possibly be him if the whole thing were on his property. But, the bridge, I can't rationalize why he would be there? JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleyrose