IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question that I'd like all of your opinions on: Why do you think LE has not released the video of BG walking along the bridge (without audio, if necessary) instead of a few photos that don't tell us as much as said video would?

I can't figure that out either. I would love to hear other members ideas on that. That's a great question!

I have a question that I'd like all of your opinions on: Why do you think LE has not released the video of BG walking along the bridge (without audio, if necessary) instead of a few photos that don't tell us as much as said video would?

I think because he pulls out his gun and possibly has Abbey in a headlock. Just my opinion I hate writing this. There is a reason they are not releasing the recording I think it's because it is too distressing.

I personally don't think they have cleared RL because they have no idea on who did it.

LE is probably inclined not to make categorical statements during an investigation. Even if they're 99.9% sure, they still leave the door open, just in case. I doubt RL is involved. LE has probably checked him out as thoroughly as anyone. If there was something to be found, IMO, they would've found it. If they could not account for RL's whereabouts that afternoon, they would have zeroed in on him by now. Based on their public statements, I think LE has turned up little or nothing on RL or any other potential suspect.

I can't figure that out either. I would love to hear other members ideas on that. That's a great question!
BG possibly grabbed Abby. Maybe the Audio could say alarming, vile things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Burnt Toast
if they had not ruled out any possibilities that makes it possible.

Ok.

I'm done here trying to understand. I was not trying to spar with you. I was not negating your opinion.

I thought this forum was for bouncing ideas off each other. Not to merely repeat the same wording over and over and not share thoughts. Your words appear cryptic to me.

You are right, you owe no one an explanation. But then why keep pushing the RL agenda? What point is there in that if you are unwilling to share?

I could easily respond to every thread saying "it's not RL" but what purpose does that serve.

:desert:

Same Team! Same Team! Couple of things to think about on this topic. You both have solid points, remember, it's what we (WS) don't know. Good intel is hard to come by these days.

IMO (white flag flying) If I were RL with such a dependency (alcohol) and at his age and looking at doing time and possibly losing my farm, if I have anything that I could make a plea bargain with, I would have thrown it out on the table a long time ago. Trust me so would he.

IMO (on the other side of the coin) He's pissed and playing hard ball because he got all wrapped up in this situation. Or he really does know something and getting only 3 years and keeping his mouth shut and possible staying alive, he has already taken the better deal. We just don't know.

I hope I am still part of the team! Thanks Bird and BT.

Make LE doesn't release the tape because there's no appearance of a crime in progress and people would not take it seriously.

If that is what they said; possibly the girls were posed as if they were just sleeping. That would be confusing, but some SKs do pose victims like that from what I have read. I would think the LE in that area had little or no experience with this type of crime scene so that would be puzzling to them when they were first found. To me a SK that did that would be more un-nerving than finding someone that was obviously murdered. You would know you were dealing with a very creepy suspect.

Maybe the girls were found huddled together. If one of them was still alive then they might crawl over to the other to see if they were OK. Maybe even putting an arm around them thus the LE did not think homicide right off the bat until separated. JMO

Maybe because it is possibly a just very quick video clip, like microseconds? Maybe that's all they have that shows him, the part they released as stills? And that itself they had to enlarge, enhance, etc? It might be all they have on the bridge visually, especially if Abby was trying to be discreet while recording.

I don't know, this question just stumped me...

I think because he pulls out his gun and possibly has Abbey in a headlock. Just my opinion I hate writing this. There is a reason they are not releasing the recording I think it's because it is too distressing.

Why do you "hate" writing it we are on a true crime forum and any crime involving murder is NOT nice, it's gruesome etc. We look at these crimes to give some incite hoping it leads to the perp/s of the despicable crimes they have committed. Looking for justice for the victims and their families. JMO

BG possibly grabbed Abby. Maybe the Audio could say alarming, vile things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk
IIRC, LE said the rest of the video / audio is disturbing. They're hoping not to have to release any of it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think he is drawing a weapon and they can edit it out of stills but not out of a moving image. His image is in the background of the video so will not be a good quality. IMO of course.
Eta. May be a good idea to ask Michael about this on the image thread.

There might be more images of him walking along the bridge or trail but they're even more useless than these. The stills we've been shown are the best quality. If there are others of equal or better quality they show him with the girls or in action harming the girls. I'm sorry. I don't know how to say it delicately.

<modsnip>

I was leveraging sumzero's perfect choice of words. [emoji4]

This is the first murder case I've followed too.

I came here in search of respite after sitting in on some crappy SM sites (or reasonable sites with crappy commenters) where pretty much each day without progress caused most of the banter to spiral even more out of control. The odd conspiracy theories finally did me in.

I was thrilled to find WS, where there are intelligent, well-formed, and polite discussions (with the occasional passionate bits), but it's all good and is a tremendous resource.

Love you all. &#55357;&#56475;

The above is just my opinion.

You could always put it in your signature? None of us know for sure- we make our mind up or maybe even change opinions along the way. We put forward our arguments if we wish but we don't have to give reasons. Some may just have a hunch one way or another and others are dead certain. But I agree we are all entitled to our opinions.

BBM

I was under the impression if we give a theory it needs to be based on facts or as below, something to back it up.

From Page 1.

"...Same thing with any random person you happen to bring up. These people do not deserve to have their lives spread out and accusations made against them based on a theory with nothing to back it up."

Another question for thought (Great answers for my first one, everyone): Do you believe LE has a better idea of what BG looks like than the public does, assuming they have more footage of him than we do? If so, an official police sketch would seem appropriate in this situation.

Maybe because it is possibly a just very quick video clip, like microseconds? Maybe that's all they have that shows him, the part they released as stills? And that itself they had to enlarge, enhance, etc? It might be all they have on the bridge visually, especially if Abby was trying to be discreet while recording.

I don't know, this question just stumped me...

Please do not take this as fact but I swear I remember hearing one of the persons interviewed on the radio show that was part of law enforcement say something about several minutes of video (the number 6 minutes) is sticking out in my head but I could have totally misheard or be wrong. does anyone else recall hearing what I'm talking about?

Let's get back to discussing about how the reporter asked Sheriff Leazenby if he felt like he was looking for a "phantom" and he said he could see how some people could think that. What do you think that means? I think it could be a copycat SK they are trying to catch and he does seem to be somewhat of a phantom. However there is no perfect crime or criminal and I think LE may surprise us this week with an arrest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cluesearcher