IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to remember...did they have or even state they had DNA in Lyric and Elizabeth's case?

I can't find anything saying they did, and I do not recall them ever doing so, but I can't be sure personally.

I can't find anything saying they did, and I do not recall them ever doing so, but I can't be sure personally.

My memory is that they never confirmed DNA was found.

Does it look like he has medium brown hair to any of you in the left hand picture? I can see the hood of his hoodie behind his neck and it looks like his hair mostly covers his forehead.

View attachment 110967

I cannot tell because my logic is overriding... that those two frames were taken less than 1 second of each other (due to background of crooked tree and white object on RR edge)...therefore hoodie in both and no hair.

Hi I'm new here! All the way from England, UK. I've been following this case since it happened and have been reading all the theories on here and views, my dad is a ex police officer so I've been updating him with anything new to see if he has any ideas on the case. Did someone mention there was a earlier post of a GIF posted with the two released photos put together? X

Though you arnt wrong about the body language, I don't think it indicates anything in this case. JMO but she looks like she's posing. The whole shot is "artsy", I think she's posing for a shot. I don't think its just a candid shot. When I was their age I did that all the time, I have loads of photos like this. Again JMO
I was going to say the same thing.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if the photo is so grainy because in fact it was snipped from the video on the phone. It doesn't have the same look as a "shaky" or out of focus photo has. I can see it being grainy if coming from a video though. This may be from right before the "down the hill" audio.

I'm trying to remember...did they have or even state they had DNA in Lyric and Elizabeth's case?
No, they never said. It's unlikely given the age of the bodies when they were located.

I'm confused why folks think this is a trucker, as well!

Maybe he's a cop................like someone stated earlier.............."hiding in plain sight".

Might be another reason nobody is willing to finger him.

My gut hunch on this is that the preliminary DNA evidence returned a possible match on multiple samples they've had banked but couldn't ever match up to anyone until now. I don't know that much about testing DNA, many people here know more, I only know I"ve submitted mine to a genealogical and health testing website and had my raw DNA sequenced for health purposes, and the company has videos that explain what they do... they show why it takes a minimum of three weeks to get any results back when they have preliminary ones sooner.. so I am thinking perhaps it's the same way with LE-based samples and testing. JMO

Edit - my time frame for editing this post is almost up and I can't find articles to explain what I mean just yet, but I am trying to substantiate what i"ve stated here and will continue to try to do so. In the meantime this seems to be a very informative piece about forensic DNA testing for those who may be interested - http://www.patc.com/weeklyarticles/dna-timeline.shtml

I agree that the authorities must think he is linked to other crimes that aren't in one specific area. Have they ever placed billboards to this extent? If he was from that area, someone would have recognized him. It would be interesting to see a list of unsolved murders of young teen girls that have some of the same common traits. A person might then see a direction of travel (maybe along a highway or train tracks). Some have already mentioned a shared date. Maybe the investigation has "blown up" and they now realize this isn't an isolated murder and see the urgency in finding this horrible man. Between the audio and the photos, these two precious girls may help save other girls from the same fate. JMO

I agree that the authorities must think he is linked to other crimes that aren't in one specific area. Have they ever placed billboards to this extent? If he was from that area, someone would have recognized him. It would be interesting to see a list of unsolved murders of young teen girls that have some of the same common traits. A person might then see a direction of travel (maybe along a highway or train tracks). Some have already mentioned a shared date. Maybe the investigation has "blown up" and they now realize this isn't an isolated murder and see the urgency in finding this horrible man. Between the audio and the photos, these two precious girls may help other girls from the same fate. JMO
I've never seen anything remotely like this in any case I followed.

No, they never said. It's unlikely given the age of the bodies when they were located.

thanx...that's right...they were found 6 months later, 25 miles from where they were last seen. (Lyric and Elizabeth)

My memory is that they never confirmed DNA was found.

That's correct no acknowledgment of DNA or cause of death has been released.

Also, viewing the reverse negative version is very helpful in clearing it up that it's a hoodie in both -

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-13-Feb-2017-8/page72&p=13172636#post13172636

IMO

Thank you that is helpful I wish we knew more about his appearance and not just his clothing which is easily disposed of. No criticism of Liberty's video intended it is great the detectives have it.

It's eerily strange to me that both Abby and Libby, and Lyric and Elizabeth, went missing on the 13th of the month on a secluded woods trail.. I didn't realize the day of the month was also the same in both cases until now. MOO

"Both sets of young girls on trails by themselves, kidnapped, murdered, and left in the woods on the 13th day of the month. "

http://www.kwwl.com/story/34591309/...s-between-indiana-murders-lyric-and-elizabeth

I totally agree..... They also look similar. moo

Seriously why do we narrow ourself down and say truckers like they are this big bunch of killing machines...I have a stake in this my husband is a trucker 99% of them are are a strict schedule with no time to go for a walk and kill someone. They have barely enough time to get where they are going then the break you speak of. That's when trucks get serviced and they get home time. Most schedule thier break at home ...time management ..carry on maybe it's a secretary or health care worker...makes just as much sense !

I was one of the people who early on theorized the idea of the trucker. Certainly that is not to bring offense to truckers at large or shame many good people who are highly professional and responsible.

This is utter speculation on my part, MOO, whatever you want to call it. It just fits to me.

The reason it made sense to me early on was it fit well with my larger theory that he had somehow connected with the girls on some kind of social media app. Truckers have to stop on occasion for certain amounts of time, lets say this person was originally from Delphi (which could explain why he has such a clear knowledge of the landscape at the trails), after high school he became a trucker, lets say he was on his way from Los Angeles to New York. Lets say he targeted Delphi knowing he knew the trails and terrain and he made a fake account on a burner phone with a fake e-mail (which I would think would be very hard to trace even if they had the girls phone, which I personally think MOO that they do not). A phantom persona made for the express purpose of snaring a young girl if you will.... A trucker is one of few professions that allow for rapid mobility, have to stop on occasion and would have the ability to establish and maintain contact through SM, could be passing through, and would have the means to be on the way quickly afterward. This person would not be readily recognized in the immediate vicinity or depending on his travels and activities, really at all.

He could have easily parked down by the river and walked the trails up deer creek to the bridge and returned nonchalantly prior to any search being started unnoticed, got in his vehicle and left. Yes he could have been a pig farmer or goat herder or migrant construction worker for all of that, but to me the trucker theory just fits.

This is also why I theorized early that he would be very difficult to identify and catch.

I promise this is in no way meant to impugn truckers or their profession, and certainly not the girls in any way, I want this predator caught. This is my theory as to what might have happened. How else does a middle aged man get two innocent girls isolated on a bridge to abduct them in broad daylight?

Again, this is complete and total speculation on my part.

Local news just said DNA is a 'top priority'. They said anywhere from 2-7 days to get a profile or longer. They stated they've turned all DNA over and are still waiting for a profile. With that being said just now, it confirms my beliefs and yours. They DO have some DNA and are just waiting to get results. I'm just worried he may not be in the system bc of how bold he seems. He attacked in the woods, away from cameras, traffic etc. during the middle of the day. It seems his only concern was partially covering his face and getting the girls away from potential park visitors. He seemed comfortable with his actions,location, and must be convinced he has no DNA in the system or he probably wouldn't have left so much (my opinion from what we've heard). My opinion is that the video/audio will be the key to ID this monster. Then DNA will be used to confirm and compare with other cases. I wouldn't be surprised if it matches with other unsolved crimes. My gut feeling is that he's no drifter. I think a semi would have been noticeable if parked near the area, as it is rural and everyone notices everything that is "out of place ". He's way to confident to have not done this, what I can't figure out is why that area and Delphi? He either wanted those girls, new to area, or from area. I can't find any similar crimes nearby, so he must have offended somewhere else. He was just way too confident with his crime and the area. I do think he may have been interrupted by the family member shouting for the girls and that's why they never made it to the creek. A blessing that that phone wasn't found destroyed.

Sorry for the long post. Jmo
The DNA was just on local news. Fox59. I'll see if the post a link to a video soon.

I forgot to quote, in response to GGE's post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member