IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately the video and audio might be extremely distressing and they don't want to release it for the families sake. The problem is if there are no developments or new releases of additional suspect information the case is not going to be covered as prominently by the media.

I am pretty confident both LE and the family would rather have distressing videos released than to chance they never get this guy.

I have completely given up on which direction they went over the bridge and which area they were found despite the wonderful map efforts of some members like BobS. Just trying to imagine them being coerced over such a large area of woodsy terrain with a water feature smack in the middle and the time frame estimated for attacks has my head spinning and leaves me feeling that a KEY component is missing or being withheld by authorities. I wish we had exact location of discovery and knew of local unofficial little paths through the woods and private property that locals know for fishing etc. I really think this guy is SUPER familiar with the woods . Probably grew up playing here.

Snipped for efficiency. I will delete if this has already been discussed, but is there any possibility that he had a small boat (rowboat or canoe maybe) that he could have transported them in? Depending on the direction the creek flows, that would have been a much easier way to get them from one point to the other. Although I imagine it would be hard to keep two freaked-out teens in a boat... Edited to add that it appears he would have been moving upstream.

Similarities between Indiana murders & Lyric and Elizabeth

http://www.kwwl.com/story/34591309/similarities-between-indiana-murders-lyric-and-elizabeth

It's eerily similar to the case involving the Evansdale cousins, Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins, who went missing in July of 2012.

Their bodies were found months later by a couple of hunters at Seven Bridges Park in Bremer County.

Years later, no arrests have been made.

Both sets of young girls on trails by themselves, kidnapped, murdered, and left in the woods on the 13th day of the month.

Before I run off, if someone in the know can clarify something for me: in the Lyric and Elizabeth case, were they found over 20 miles away from where they were last seen? If this is correct then I feel that's a huge difference in the M.O. unless the perp intended to abduct our girls and for some reason got spooked. Jmo.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That is correct. Twenty plus miles away and months later.

Before I run off, if someone in the know can clarify something for me: in the Lyric and Elizabeth case, were they found over 20 miles away from where they were last seen? If this is correct then I feel that's a huge difference in the M.O. unless the perp intended to abduct our girls and for some reason got spooked. Jmo.

There maybe wasn't time for the perp this time or he thought it was too risky. Possibly he had access to a more suitable vehicle to kidnap Elizabeth and Lyric. Maybe he thought it was too much hassle this time to transfer the remains to another location this time. I'm not certain for sure it is the same perp just that there a few similarities. It's horrifying to think there are possibly two of these monsters free roaming the streets.

What if the "couple" was actually a young man with long hair and an obvious man. And actual part of the man on the bridge.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

I'm sure that's a factor but it doesn't seem adequate to explain 6000 billboards in 46 states and 20 FBI agents reporting to the director. But maybe it does.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Indeed. If only every juvenile victim got this coverage.

My personal opinion is because they know they have a seasoned and experienced SK on their hands. This is not some local guy who one day woke up and decided to commit a double child murder. He likely escalated quite some time ago and will do it again. While I know not much can be ascertained by 3 words, just the fact that he is methodical in his manner - he is not shouting, not in a rage, not off the chart emotionally, tells me that he is a planner, he scoped out the area. He's in charge.
He came and went. I think he keeps changing his area.
It reminds me, Since the Hanna Graham case was mentioned up thread, the system had linked Morgan Harrington's case with the Fairfax attempted murder through DNA but had no match to a person. When they finally got Jesse Matthew in custody they were able to link the 3 with his DNA.

I know the DNA is being fast- tracked and maybe they already have the results to link other cases with no POI. Getting this guy is paramount IMO.
6000 billboards seems a good way to go if that is true.

:cow:

I missed the part about cigarette butts. If they were collecting them yesterday then they must have found evidence that he smoked. Im tinking he left body fluids and evidence under fingernails.moo

I don't recall reading what object or location the DNA was collected from. I do recall reading examples of where DNA can be collected (example: cigarette butt)

That is correct. Twenty plus miles away and months later.

The only thing about the seven bridges park is the opportunity to find two young girls would have been difficult. moo. Now meyers park a diff story. moo.

There maybe wasn't time for the perp this time or he thought it was too risky. Possibly he had access to a more suitable vehicle to kidnap Elizabeth and Lyric. Maybe he thought it was too much hassle this time to transfer the remains to another location this time. I'm not certain for sure it is the same perp just that there a few similarities. It's horrifying to think there are possibly two of these monsters free roaming the streets.

I believe this to be a HUGE possibility...... JMO I, personally, IMO, think we will learn that the same person committed both crimes.

Thank you. So possibly same MO, just different opportunity. I wonder if the was staging at the crime scene that echos the placement/restraints found on the girls (lyric and Elizabeth) that may be similar. Or similar to other unsolved crimes. These billboards and large FBI involvement is pretty unusual to me.
Wondering.

So after reading, my posts were still inaccurate after actually being there. Apparently we were at the north end of the bridge.

I am however confused by the direction of the sun on Abby and the suspect. I had hoped for sun yesterday but got rain instead. I am soooo sorry to have caused more confusion.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Thanks for clarifying. Maybe you can alert your posts and have a mod fix because they are great!

The Elizabeth and Lyric case is local to me - I live roughly 10 minutes from Seven Bridges park - and this case has hit me particularly hard. Been thinking about possible connections and I'm just not sure, but billboards & FBI involvement certainly give food for thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to websleuths and thanks for posting. It must be awful for your community to have this case happen and be unsolved. Can you please keep us updated if there is any local news about a possible connection. Elizabeth and Lyric have their own thread in the cold case section.

I hope the girls left scratches/marks on all over this !
I PRAY they have DNA and know who he is...

And yet in, all , of the info to be on the look out for on the POI nothing is mentioned about scratches and or marks.

Ok, so as I went back reading all the other posts about the Iowa case and similarities I decided to watch a few news releases and there are some very similar things about the cases. More importantly the thing that stuck out the most was the area the girls were found in 2012. It was called "7 Bridges" Wildlife Area. They went missing in July near Myers Lake, but were not found until December in a remote area near a bend in a river. I think this is very important. This area has similar historic bridges. I went through every single thread and no one has pointed this out.

Early in the case (thread 1 or 2) this connection was brought up. A tip was also sent in regarding a man who was very interested in historic bridges. I'm on my phone and can't check for it right now, but I'll look for it.

Did you see the Press Conference? Did you see how torn up those men are? I don't care if it is their twin brother, they wouldn't hold back.

Let me clarify it for you a little bit then............current cop, ex-cop, ex-deputy, ex-military mp, LE official from a different region. I'm not talking about cops turning in other cops on the force. I'm talking about someone in the community that knows an ex-cop that is a dead ringer for the guy in the picture, but would never dream of turning him in because ...........well, simply because of who it is.

Seems like to me that if everybody is a suspect...............then everybody needs to be a suspect............regardless of their standing, past or present.

I think the general public would be very hesitant to call in a tip on an ex-law enforcement employee. But everybody knows that there have been plenty of rouge cops throughout the years that have gone off the reservation for whatever reason. That was the entire point of my post. Reluctance on the part of the public due to who they suspect it may be.

Off topic for a moment of levity: I'm reading through tapatalk today, and I'm seeing lots of ads for...jeans :floorlaugh:

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member