Found Deceased IN - Aleah Beckerle, 19, disabled, Evansville, 16 July 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.facebook.com/Evansville...321076485176/1386271484723456/?type=3&theater
Comments under the dog story concerning the search made by the EPD. Worth a read.

I think we are allowed to discuss it because the comment was made by an official Police Spokesman, concerning this case. Basically the PD spokesman said that it was untrue that there was a search planned that the PD denied. He said that was incorrect information and the civilian who posted that was uninformed/mistaken.

Have you ever tried to carry a 90 pound, totally disabled person? They feel like they weigh 200 lbs and are not able to give help with lifting. It seems so unbelievable anyone could easily lift and carry her out of the home without making noise, stumbling, opening doors, and leaving without someone hearing a sound, even if they were all asleep.

This is exactly what I was thinking!!

I would like to know the living arrangements of the home, where were the bedrooms? Stairs? Doors? Who slept where? Who was in the house?

This girl physically cannot have done any of this herself, she didn't leave, she didn't plan to leave, she didn't want someone to help her leave.

She was taken. And no way easily.

Whoever it was knew her. The layout of the house. What room she would be in. When did the family go to bed?

I just cannot think of an explanation that says abduction or random stranger abduction even more... It just doesn't work. No way.

This is making me really angry, and I'm just hoping the police as waiting to make there move, because this absoloutly just stinks!!!!

Do you think Aleah would have been able to go online?

Not without some adaptive equipment; based on descriptions of her disability and what I see in the picture of her. But non speaking does not mean she doesn't have thoughts and feelings. If she had an assistive communication device or maybe a head pointer, but some of that equipment is expensive and I haven't heard or read anything about this family receiving services for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is exactly what I was thinking!!

I would like to know the living arrangements of the home, where were the bedrooms? Stairs? Doors? Who slept where? Who was in the house?

This girl physically cannot have done any of this herself, she didn't leave, she didn't plan to leave, she didn't want someone to help her leave.

She was taken. And no way easily.

Whoever it was knew her. The layout of the house. What room she would be in. When did the family go to bed?

I just cannot think of an explanation that says abduction or random stranger abduction even more... It just doesn't work. No way.

This is making me really angry, and I'm just hoping the police as waiting to make there move, because this absoloutly just stinks!!!!

I'm from Evansville and I am familiar with the area that the family lives in. Almost all the houses over there are pretty much the same - 3-4 steps up onto a porch, front door opens straight into the living room, bedrooms are almost always upstairs - although given her disability, they may have repurposed a room downstairs into a bedroom for her. It's possible the living room is her bedroom which would make an abduction a bit easier if everyone else was upstairs sleeping.

FWIW, my husband is a mail carrier and he was approached by family members twice this week who were out searching for her, I believe it was Aleah's cousin who approached him and asked for him to help. They had water bottles for volunteers and such, they seemed fairly organized from what I understand. They were asking him about vacant houses and they were looking everywhere, including in dumpsters and trash cans.

Unfortunately, I think everyone is fearing the worst at this point but I really hope she's okay.

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

​Thanks :)

Although not all mothers are alike, here is my thought. I have one son who has Down Syndrome and is moderate on a disability scale he is 12 and I have a 10 year old who is high functioning autism. I have always been a light sleeper but, I live in a tri-level home and I sleep on the main level and my boys are down and my hubby sleeps upstairs. I do so because I feel the need to be able to hear everything especially for my 12 year old. I hear EVERYTHING. He has sleep apnea, although he is no longer forced to wear a CPAP, I need to hear if he even coughs or sniffles. If my child has a seizure disorder as severe as this child, I would need to stay awake all night and sleep when I have others rested and able to care for her through the day. I also noted that the grandmother said (paraphrasing) when you call her name you will hear a scream or a giggle. The thought of her not making a sound to a complete stranger, caught my attention. Something just seems a little off to me with the information we are getting. Did anyone see a description of what she was wearing?

He is ...:

"Aleah's dad, Demarco Roach, has been in the Vanderburgh County Jail for a little over a month. Jail staff had to deliver the news to him that his daughter vanished from her East Iowa Street home.

He says it is devastating that he cannot help look for her because he is in jail."

Source: http://www.fox19.com/story/32509965...irl-devastated-he-cant-help-look-for-daughter

Could the father have angered someone. Angered them enough for them to try and retaliate by taking his most vulnerable child?

Could the father have angered someone. Angered them enough for them to try and retaliate by taking his most vulnerable child?

I think they would just burn the house down before taking Aleah. There still hasn't been anything said about whether or not any doors were left open, or the house was broken into. I've done home care with patients that are 100% dependent on others, and usually there is at least a baby monitor in their rooms if they sleep alone. But, sometimes they do sleep alone and not monitored routinely.
iMO, no one came into that house without an invitation, to risk taking a disabled girl who could start yelling at any time? Nothing about this makes sense.

I think they would just burn the house down before taking Aleah. There still hasn't been anything said about whether or not any doors were left open, or the house was broken into. I've done home care with patients that are 100% dependent on others, and usually there is at least a baby monitor in their rooms if they sleep alone. But, sometimes they do sleep alone and not monitored routinely.
iMO, no one came into that house without an invitation, to risk taking a disabled girl who could start yelling at any time? Nothing about this makes sense.

BBM.

Couldn't agree more. I am also very curious as to when Aleah was last seen by a third party (i.e., non-family member or someone not living at the residence she disappeared; by the way, I am also still not clear as to who all live at the residence from which she disappeared, unless it's just the mother and the two sisters). Whatever they may know, it seems that LE are keeping very close to the vest.

Have they searched the Ohio River? I was talking to my mom, who currently lives in Evansville, and is originally from the general area (she had heard about Aleah's case through various local media) yesterday, and her first thought was that she/her body :( might have been disposed of there ....

Regardless of motive (though Occam's Razor leads me to believe someone with ready access to Aleah knows where she is), I am angered beyond belief that someone would even think to take advantage of and/or harm someone so vulnerable, someone who cannot defend herself :mad:.

"Evansville Police Chief Billy Bolin approves the national search and recovery group Texas Equusearch to come in and search for missing 19-year-old Aleah Beckerle."

Source: http://44news.wevv.com/national-search-recovery-group-will-search-aleah-beckerle/

Even though the article is by a MSM source, as it does not quote any LE sources, I am still taking this with a grain of salt. I also have not seen anything to corroborate it on EPD's FB page. Someone who purportedly works with TES (initials: GR) has posted on the "Bring Aleah Home" FB page that TES' Ohio Chapter will be meeting with local LE today, in the hopes of conducting a search tomorrow. If true, so long as LE believes that TES' involvement would not compromise their investigation, I think this would be of great help.

Although not all mothers are alike, here is my thought. I have one son who has Down Syndrome and is moderate on a disability scale he is 12 and I have a 10 year old who is high functioning autism. I have always been a light sleeper but, I live in a tri-level home and I sleep on the main level and my boys are down and my hubby sleeps upstairs. I do so because I feel the need to be able to hear everything especially for my 12 year old. I hear EVERYTHING. He has sleep apnea, although he is no longer forced to wear a CPAP, I need to hear if he even coughs or sniffles. If my child has a seizure disorder as severe as this child, I would need to stay awake all night and sleep when I have others rested and able to care for her through the day. I also noted that the grandmother said (paraphrasing) when you call her name you will hear a scream or a giggle. The thought of her not making a sound to a complete stranger, caught my attention. Something just seems a little off to me with the information we are getting. Did anyone see a description of what she was wearing?
She was wearing a tshirt and diaper.

I have seen the father described by authorities as a violent felon. It wouldn't be much of a stretch to consider HE has friends in low places.

Can someone refresh my memory on who we're allowed to sleuth in a case? It's been awhile since I was on here. I definitely don't want to violate any rules but I've found some interesting things today...

Can someone refresh my memory on who we're allowed to sleuth in a case? It's been awhile since I was on here. I definitely don't want to violate any rules but I've found some interesting things today...

It's got to come for MSM or LE directly related to the case, or the official missing page from admins I think. We cannot discuss FB comments from individuals, and it seems that's where the interesting stuff usually is. Siblings and other family or friends FB pages are off limits. At least this is how I understand the rules. Sometimes, they make changes based on circumstances, but we are usually safe to stay with MSM and LE sources.

It's got to come for MSM or LE directly related to the case, or the official missing page from admins I think. We cannot discuss FB comments from individuals, and it seems that's where the interesting stuff usually is. Siblings and other family or friends FB pages are off limits. At least this is how I understand the rules. Sometimes, they make changes based on circumstances, but we are usually safe to stay with MSM and LE sources.

Okay, thanks! All I'll say is I hope that LE is really doing some digging.

I did want to mention something about the neighborhood that this family lives in. It's called Jimtown and it's a pretty rough area (although some streets in that area are perfectly fine, it's kind of weird) - lots of very low-income households, houses in poor condition, lots of vacant homes, and plenty of overgrown empty lots. I'm sure the immediate area has been combed quite well but even in a 1-2 miles radius, there are plenty of places a body could be hidden. For example, there's a public park with a lake about 1.5 miles from their home. There's also Pigeon creek which winds through Evansville and empties into the Ohio River.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HOLLYMOORE73