IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what I don't get....if you're a mom, sick and the kids live with you walking distance to the 'babysitter', why would you not keep the kids with you and have the sitter come by to watch them? Isn't it more hassle to take the kids clothes and belongings and have them go sleep somewhere where they presumably don't have beds? It makes no sense. I am a single mom to a 4 year old and just one overnight visit somewhere and packing up is a pain, not to mention she isn't in her own bed. Something tells me these kids were here more often than not, longer than a week and that there is something hinky with the mom and MP.

Also, I'm not a doctor, but all of these 'illnesses' seem a bit made-up for me. Now the mom is in a wheelchair? Yeah, ok. Does the mom work? This beautiful child seemed perfectly normal and maybe I'm wrong but trying to find the problems with the child seems a little munschausen. One, many kids are diagnosed with ADD when it isn't the case and two, PSD on a child is so rare that it makes me wonder what kind of life this girl led. And three, the sleepwalking? I haven't heard much to back that up but if the child wakes up in the middle of the night, are they calling that sleepwalking? Well, by golly, my daughter sleep-walks too! And I bed I could find a doctor that will diagnose her with ADD too.

I think this guy didn't give a rat's a$$ about these kids and had other motives for helping mama. He probably lost it when she wouldn't sleep or wanted to go home. What a sicko.

This girl is so precious, when I look at my own daughter, I can imagine my daughter might look a little like her when she's older - same features in a way. I kept her in bed with me last night - too many sad stories about children dying in the last few days.

is it my imagination or are recent posts disappearing?

also, is there a place where I can find all the players names? is that on the media thread?

So mom now is paralyzed but will be able to walk within a few days? Huh??

http://www.fwdailynews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=15459

I realize they held the vigil at MP's b/c that's where she was last seen but GAWD, I would hold the vigil at the convenience store before I would want to stand anywhere near that ******'s trailer. Isn't there a church or maybe her school they could've held the vigil. Being anywhere near his trailer is just sickening.

I realize they held the vigil at MP's b/c that's where she was last seen but GAWD, I would hold the vigil at the convenience store before I would want to stand anywhere near that ******'s trailer. Isn't there a church or maybe her school they could've held the vigil. Being anywhere near his trailer is just sickening.

I thought the same exact thing.

BBM Munchausen Syndrome would be what the mother is experiencing; she is exaggerating symptoms/illness. Munchausen by Proxy Syndrome is a form of child abuse; the mother would be purposely harming the child.

Munchausen by proxy syndrome (MBPS) is a relatively uncommon condition that involves the exaggeration or fabrication of illnesses or symptoms by a primary caretaker. One of the most harmful forms of child abuse, MBPS was named after Baron von Munchausen, an 18th-century German dignitary known for telling outlandish stories.

http://kidshealth.org/parent/system/ill/munchausen.html

Munchausen (MOON-chow-zun) syndrome is a serious mental disorder in which someone with a deep need for attention pretends to be sick or gets sick or injured on purpose. People with Munchausen syndrome may make up symptoms, push for risky operations, or try to rig laboratory test results to try to win sympathy and concern.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/munchausen-syndrome/DS00965

Here's what I don't get....if you're a mom, sick and the kids live with you walking distance to the 'babysitter', why would you not keep the kids with you and have the sitter come by to watch them? Isn't it more hassle to take the kids clothes and belongings and have them go sleep somewhere where they presumably don't have beds? It makes no sense. I am a single mom to a 4 year old and just one overnight visit somewhere and packing up is a pain, not to mention she isn't in her own bed. Something tells me these kids were here more often than not, longer than a week and that there is something hinky with the mom and MP.

Also, I'm not a doctor, but all of these 'illnesses' seem a bit made-up for me. Now the mom is in a wheelchair? Yeah, ok. Does the mom work? This beautiful child seemed perfectly normal and maybe I'm wrong but trying to find the problems with the child seems a little munschausen. One, many kids are diagnosed with ADD when it isn't the case and two, PSD on a child is so rare that it makes me wonder what kind of life this girl led. And three, the sleepwalking? I haven't heard much to back that up but if the child wakes up in the middle of the night, are they calling that sleepwalking? Well, by golly, my daughter sleep-walks too! And I bed I could find a doctor that will diagnose her with ADD too.

I think this guy didn't give a rat's a$$ about these kids and had other motives for helping mama. He probably lost it when she wouldn't sleep or wanted to go home. What a sicko.

This girl is so precious, when I look at my own daughter, I can imagine my daughter might look a little like her when she's older - same features in a way. I kept her in bed with me last night - too many sad stories about children dying in the last few days.

Was anyone able to sleuth this any further? Mother requests permission to bring DANGEROUS(?) dog in for daughter

I'm trying to figure out why a 'dangerous' dog would be needed for her daughter? I mean I can see a 'trained' care dog - but those aren't called 'dangerous'?? Did she feel her daughter needed protection from something? Someone?

Anyone have another view on this I may just be missing?

Was anyone able to sleuth this any further? Mother requests permission to bring DANGEROUS(?) dog in for daughter

I'm trying to figure out why a 'dangerous' dog would be needed for her daughter? I mean I can see a 'trained' care dog - but those aren't called 'dangerous'?? Did she feel her daughter needed protection from something? Someone?

Anyone have another view on this I may just be missing?

This from Centerville, Iowa's website:

On October 20, 2008, the City Council passed ordinance 1288 which prohibits Rottweiler, Pitbull, Dogo (or otherwise known as Presa Carario) and vicious animals to be licensed in Centerville. There were a few of these dogs which were grandfathered in to allowed to be licensed. No animal of this nature is allowed to be licensed in the City of Centerville.

Maybe the dangerous dog was one of those dogs? If they're calling them "vicious animals" it would make sense that they would also call them "dangerous".

http://www.centerville-ia.org/deptPublicSafety.html

Here's another article about the dog banning:

http://www.gopitbull.com/bsl-discussion/2819-alert-centerville-iowa-pit-bulls-rottweilers.html

(It's copied and pasted from a MSM source)

Hoppy, I'm "assuming" the dangerous dog was probably a pit. Many places today have actually made owning a pit illegal - in Miami Dade you have to carry a million dollar umbrella policy to own one (most people don't). Pits aren't allowed in any dog parks there - so they bring them up to Broward and out dog parks.

I'm also thinking that the dangerous dog was going to be used for proection - since they knew what the envrionment they were moving into contained.

The whole back story on this case is odd - to say the least.

JMHO

:

It seems very strange that her friends are able to say it's temporary and how long the recovery is going to take before the paralysis has passed. :waitasec:

One explanation could be if she has the relapsing-remitting version of MS. It might have happened before. Sometimes stress or infections can bring on a relapse, and she has had both recently. It could take a lot longer than a few days for the symptoms to pass though so I'm not sure how the friends could tell it's just a matter of days until she walks again.

Guillain-Barré syndrome is possible.

But do you recover from GB in a matter of a few days?
It can take weeks, months or years, so how would the friends know?

Here's a question.

NG asked the grandma about this the other night but gma "danced around" the answer. Aliahna was partially blind and partially deaf. NG asked gma how these conditions came about. Gma kinda talked in circles and mentioned "genetics" once or twice - but never gave a straight answer.

Has anyone read anywhere about how lil Aliahna came to be partially deaf and blind? I saw a video the other day of her singing - so she could talk. "Usually" a child that's born deaf (or partially deaf) has trouble verbalizing - but it seemed she spoke quite clearly.

Anyone seen any confirmation or explanation of how or why this was?

TIA

...or if 2006 was just the first time he got busted.

This article gives the timeline of the grandfather's molestation:
http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20111228/LOCAL07/312289939/1002/LOCAL
"In 2005, Lemmon was charged with three counts of child molestation, according to Journal Gazette archives.

According to a probable cause affidavit, Lemmon had performed various sexual acts on a young girl from 1996 to 2003.

He had baby-sat for the girl and her younger brother at his home while their mother worked. He stopped baby-sitting for the children in 2003, when the girl was 13. In 2004, the girl told her parents that Lemmon had inappropriately touched her during the past several years."

But do you recover from GB in a matter of a few days?
It can take weeks, months or years, so how would the friends know?

I was just putting it out there as a possibility (though not probable). :)

Been looking it up all morning b/c it seems odd to me also. Came across some people experienced being temporarily paralyzed from taking Paxil. And some say they were weak from taking it.

But I did see some genetic disorders and things like multiple sclerosis that may cause temporary paralysis. Of course I'm not sure how long the duration can last with any of these things.

I'm not taking up for her just stating what I saw while looking it up. I'm thinking its more of a feeling weak and the best way she can describe it is being paralyzed

This article gives the timeline of the grandfather's molestation:
http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20111228/LOCAL07/312289939/1002/LOCAL
"In 2005, Lemmon was charged with three counts of child molestation, according to Journal Gazette archives.

According to a probable cause affidavit, Lemmon had performed various sexual acts on a young girl from 1996 to 2003.

He had baby-sat for the girl and her younger brother at his home while their mother worked. He stopped baby-sitting for the children in 2003, when the girl was 13. In 2004, the girl told her parents that Lemmon had inappropriately touched her during the past several years."

Righty-o... they nearly never get caught and registered the first time they offend. I wonder how many other children he had babysat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox