IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you find a place let me know! I need to scream between times of crying and anger.

It blows my mind reading all the info you good folks have sleuthed. WTH went on around these children? There are so many zig zagging connections between where people lived and moved. imoo

I think they all helped each other stay one step ahead of the law and CPS. IMO. Probably the only ones who have been actually caught, convicted and sent to prison are the ones who stayed in one place, ie; Kennedy and Grandpa.

Now that is something! Never heard of it before.

Was it even determined if that MH was owned or rented?

I heard that he moved in with grampa sex-offender who died earlier this month. It didn't belong to the perp, and I heard he didn't pay rent either.

I'm not quite sure who owns the mobile home.

Mel

I am not making excuses for Aliahna's mother's choices of babysitters. However, I will make an observation regarding "intergenerational" child sexual abuse.

My late husband was Native American-- First Nations -- from Canada and was a victim of sexual abuse at one of Canada's infamous residential schools. He was sexually abused by priests, nuns and fellow students for a number of years, as was some of his other siblings who were also compelled by law to attend the schools.

For a period of time in his life, he made bad choices in partners and had two children by a woman who physically assaulted the children. This woman died of alcohol poisoning when the children were 5 and 7 years old. My late husband was traveling a lot for his work, and asked his sister to take care of his children (this is very common in First Nations families-- the family member would become a "little mother" to the children). They stayed with the sister for a number of years with him visiting them. I

Unfortunately, he did not know that both children (boy and girl) were being sexually abused by the sister's common-lawhusband and members of the husband's family. The children were afraid to tell. Once he found out, he removed the children immediately, but the harm was done.

His daughter who had been abused once asked her Auntie why she allowed the abuse to happen and her Auntie replied that it was what was done to her in Residential School, and it was part of life.

As I stated earlier, I am not defending Aliahna's mother's actions or behavior -- but I am trying to understand how a mother could do this. I imagine the mother was herself abused as a child, and has not dealt with the abuse, but instead has justified it somehow in her mind. I can't imagine any other explanation.

The vast majority of people who were sexually abused as children, would never sexually abuse a child because they know what it is like to be the victim. However, some do. Most moms who were sexually abused as children are vigilant in trying to protect their children. This woman not only did not protect her child, she put her in harms way.

Who else did this child have to protect her?

Maybe we shouldn't blame the mother for the Kurtis incident.
If Kurtis Kennedy is related to biodad's wife it is imo probably more likely that he was chosen as a babysitter while it was biodad's turn to take care of her.

That's a good point.

I think the FBI will be working lots of overtime on this case. Just how far, (and how many children harmed ) did this one 'group' of sickos go? And, is there now maybe secrets revealed in how they did it? Where will this entire investigation lead them? Bless this poor beautiful child, for what she had to endure, for some answers...hopefully.

Where did Aliahna and her mother live when in Iowa?

Oh this is just swell. So apparently Tarah decides she's going to move her and her sexually abused child to another area her child is extremely vulnerable and likely to be sexually abused AGAIN. WTH is wrong with people?

Sitting on my hands or I may have a TOS violation for not seeing how Tarah is a victim here.

JMO

I know. I feel like the rule should be...There should be no defending of TS period. I am so incredibly angry. TS was entrusted with precious babies and one is dead...after having suffered through molestation at the hands of another. She can't bear to look at her things and boxes them all up. Allegedly, tears down Ali's memorial. Ummm....What is there to defend? Not a damn thing. Not a damn thing. She is a victimizer not a victim. TS deserves no sympathy. I will pray for her soul. And pray that she bring NO MORE children into this world.

That is all I can say without completely losing my **** and throwing stuff at a wall and breaking stuff. Sorry.

Thanks mods for all that you do. I am so angry right now. I have to go a cool down.

RIP Ali. Sweet child. May your siblings be safe. I am sorry you had to pay the ultimate price before your siblings could be removed from the hell it appears you were all living. I am so sorry.

Apologies in advance for length!

I have seen posts and comments from folks following this case discussing people who live in poverty. They have mentioned the hoarding, the overcrowding, the dirt, the deadbeats and the moving, the drugs, the lack of ambition and general indifference. We all know these leaches exist right? The welfare entitlement class, sitting on their butts, filthy kids in second-hand clothes playing in the broken glass and weeds, parents squatting out more children and smoking crack, their greasy hands held out demanding more freebees from the productive god-fearing people of this great nation.

Right?

Wrong. It’s self-congratulatory meritocracy bulls*** based on a whole bunch of false premises, a lack of objective reason, and fear. But let’s begin this with a few simple facts.
I
In the 50’s and 60’s and 70’s times were pretty good. If you went to work and kept your nose clean, college or not you could easily build a good life for yourself. Hell, one parent could work and support the entire family, not as some executive, but just working in one of our nation’s many factories. The largest employer in America was General Motors. The rest of the top ten consisted mostly of major manufacturers, all paying solid middle and upper middle class salaries to the men and women working on the line. They had healthcare, retirement, holidays, bonuses, you name it.

Today, America’s largest employer, employing about 1.5 million Americans, is Walmart. With an average pay of almost $9 per hour and some benefits, millions of American’s considered them a pretty decent place to work. Number two is McDonalds, not employing high-school kids looking for money to buy a car, but adults desperate for anything to support their families. Rounding out the top ten are companies like Home Depot, Lowes, Target. All pay as close to minimum wage and the fewest benefits they can. This is the new economy, the minimum wage and falling economy.

Approximately one-half the country lives in or near poverty. The vast majority of them work. One out of every four children went to bed hungry last night. Almost two million children, many of them with working parents, are homeless -- they are living in their parent’s car, the local shelter, or on a family-friend’s floor.

Officially, the unemployment rate is hovering at about 9%. This is a measure of people who do not have a job and are actively looking. The broader U6 rating, which includes some of the underemployed, is hovering at just under 20%. Essentially, one in five people want to work, or work more, but cannot find a job. They cannot find a job because there isn’t one. That’s the reality.

Those of us doing well love to pat ourselves on the back. We like to credit our choices, our skills, our merits for our success or security. We look at those doing poorly and believe that it was only their poor choices, their lack of skills, their sins. This wonderful fiction not only allows us to feel better about ourselves and how freaking awesome we are, but it frees us from any responsibility for helping others. They earned it, they deserve it. Bad things, we like to believe, happen to bad people.

In reality “bad things” happen to all people. They happen every single day. Some folks just have better tools to deal with them, and the two best tools anyone can have are money and hope. Poverty eats up both like a fire going through a crackhouse.

When you are doing okay, if something breaks you fix it or replace it with something you believe wont break. When you are poor the money to fix it is always money you needed for something else (that‘s what being poor means), so you leave it. If you have to replace it, you either do without or replace it with the cheapest thing you can find. You know it will break again, you just hope it lasts for a while, you hope when it breaks again you will somehow have the money to buy another cheap one. And around and around you go, your world slowly falling apart around you.

You keep things like a packrat. You tell yourself that it’s because you might need it or some part off of it. Sometimes it’s even true. The reality though is that the poor warehouse this junk for the same reason my depression-era grandmother filled her cupboards with useless oddities. It’s just what poor people do. It piles up, gathering dust, there’s no real way to clean around it, so you make new piles and stacks. Dusty boxes of junk. That’s why Walmart sells so many of those cheap plastic shelving units -- they know their customers.

When you are poor, if the faucet leaks (costing you extra on your water bill) there’s no money to replace it so you ignore it and hope it doesn’t get worse. There is nothing else you can do. Your fifty-year-old furnace is running non-stop, trying to keep up with the cold while sucking your wallet dry, and there’s no money for a service call or tune up, so you ignore it and hope the thing makes it through another winter. The car is making alarming noises, and you know it needs to be fixed now before something worse happens, but you can’t, there’s no extra fifty or hundred or thousand dollars lying around, so like everything else in your life you ignore it and try to hope that somehow, somehow, you will make it through to...

To what? Everything is falling apart. You are behind on your bills, credit is maxed or cancelled. You have sat down and cried at the kitchen table when you added up all the money you would need to get your life back on track. Maybe you figure twenty thousand dollars would do it. That’s not that much. With twenty grand you could pay off all the bills, buy your kids some decent clothes, and you could maybe even get a better car -- one that might even start every time you turn the key. So you do some math. If you can save fifty a month, and assuming nothing new breaks and no one gets sick and nothing else goes wrong, saving that twenty thousand would only take you…

Thirty-three years.

That’s reality for the poor. So they say *advertiser censored** it. There is no money to fix it, no way it will ever get better, anything they try is just going to fail anyway, something will go wrong, there’s no reason to care. With no hope and no future you live for today. It’s never going to get better, so screw it. Order a cheap pizza. Eat at McDonalds. Smoke. Do drugs. You might as well try to enjoy today, because nothing you do today, no sacrifice or effort, will change tomorrow.

Poverty, real poverty, does not inspire, it is a cancer that feeds on hope.

Personally, I believe we can do better. If we can replace a million miles of dirt roads with concrete and superhighways, if we can build dozens of aircraft carriers the size of small cities, and spend trillions blowing the S*** out of people on the other side of the world, if we can bomb their cities into rubble and then rebuild them on the US taxpayer’s dime then if we can we can damn sure take care of our own. Not ONE child should ever be hungry or homeless here. I don’t care if we have to give them a freaking house. Not one parent should have to choose between clothes for her baby or getting that lump in her breast checked out. And if it means some CEO needs to take a cut in his bonus, well, welcome to America -- that mom and her child, EVERY mom and every child is a whole lot more important to me.

Anyway, this rant is long enough. If you made it this far thanks for reading. If it annoyed anyone, sorry.

Thanks wasn't enough. No child should be hungry or sleeping in a car.

I am not making excuses for Aliahna's mother's choices of babysitters. However, I will make an observation regarding "intergenerational" child sexual abuse.

My late husband was Native American-- First Nations -- from Canada and was a victim of sexual abuse at one of Canada's infamous residential schools. He was sexually abused by priests, nuns and fellow students for a number of years, as was some of his other siblings who were also compelled by law to attend the schools.

For a period of time in his life, he made bad choices in partners and had two children by a woman who physically assaulted the children. This woman died of alcohol poisoning when the children were 5 and 7 years old. My late husband was traveling a lot for his work, and asked his sister to take care of his children (this is very common in First Nations families-- the family member would become a "little mother" to the children). They stayed with the sister for a number of years with him visiting them.

Unfortunately, he did not know that both children (boy and girl) were being sexually abused by the sister's common-lawhusband and members of the husband's family. The children were afraid to tell. Once he found out, he removed the children immediately, but the harm was done.

His daughter who had been abused once asked her Auntie why she allowed the abuse to happen and her Auntie replied that it was what was done to her in Residential School, and it was part of life.

As I stated earlier, I am not defending Aliahna's mother's actions or behavior -- but I am trying to understand how a mother could do this. I imagine the mother was herself abused as a child, and has not dealt with the abuse, but instead has justified it somehow in her mind. I can't imagine any other explanation.

I am so sorry for your husband's past situation and glad that he had YOU in his life for the time you had together.

I suspected this kind of generational attitude since we heard dear protective grandma smile sweetly and say "well, everyone makes mistakes" at the same time her traumatized grandbaby was MISSING at the hands of a violent and defiant criminal.

That NG interview should be used in training programs to teach the concept of DENIAL.

Aliahna had no voice, but her mother had a choice, and most likely made that choice with her own "peace and quiet" in mind. Now poor little Aliahna has peace and quiet, but no life.

What a miserable short life for a helpless little girl.

IMHO

The vast majority of people who were sexually abused as children, would never sexually abuse a child because they know what it is like to be the victim. However, some do. Most moms who were sexually abused as children are vigilant in trying to protect their children. This woman not only did not protect her child, she put her in harms way.

Who else did this child have to protect her?

Thank you for this. I can say at least in my case, it's definitely true. Because of what I experienced at the hands of a babysitter's adult son, I have never left my children with anyone other than my mother and my grandmother. I'm probably hyper vigilant when it comes to my kids, but I cannot bear the thought of there even being a CHANCE of something happening. My biggest obstacle right now is trying not to completely consume myself with worry when they are at school all day, and in the care of adults I don't really know. I'm particularly leery of the vice principal - a male in his 30s, a youth leader at his church, and a soccer coach for elementary age kids. I know theres a good chance he's probably a great person and trustworthy, but I get a bad feeling about him for some reason. Maybe I'm paranoid, but maybe - just maybe - I am more sensitive to a person's predatory nature. I have to follow my intuition on these things.

Does anyone KNOW when MP lived in Florida? I know this particular case has family that is suspect. I know. But I can't help thinking trailer park. Sketchy people. Haliegh Cummings. Again, just thinking out loud. Sketchy people. Trailer park. I just want to eliminate MP from Ron and Misty. It could be that MP has no connection. I just can't help but wonder. Sorry.

Does anyone KNOW when MP lived in Florida? I know this particular case has family that is suspect. I know. But I can't help thinking trailer park. Sketchy people. Haliegh Cummings. Again, just thinking out loud. Sketchy people. Trailer park. I just want to eliminate MP from Ron and Misty. It could be that MP has no connection. I just can't help but wonder. Sorry.

great out of the box thinking.......I'd like to know year by year where MP was living or hanging out and look into unsolved cases. Esp young girls.

great out of the box thinking.......I'd like to know year by year where MP was living or hanging out and look into unsolved cases. Esp young girls.

I am just looking at similarities.
Sketchy parenting.
Trailer park
Girl with disabilities.
He lived in Florida. Moves around a lot.
Wasn't there a brick or something propping up the trailer door. (While I get that Ron and Misty are likely and MP may have nothing to do with this...it would stand to reason that Misty or Ron could have known him. The little boy did say something about Misty being with a man that night.)
Pedo Park is also known as Pill Park by locals. Ron and Misty tried to deal pills.

Just thoughts. Again, he may not be connected at all. But I just keep thinking both girls had disabilities.

Apologies in advance for length!

I have seen posts and comments from folks following this case discussing people who live in poverty. They have mentioned the hoarding, the overcrowding, the dirt, the deadbeats and the moving, the drugs, the lack of ambition and general indifference. We all know these leaches exist right? The welfare entitlement class, sitting on their butts, filthy kids in second-hand clothes playing in the broken glass and weeds, parents squatting out more children and smoking crack, their greasy hands held out demanding more freebees from the productive god-fearing people of this great nation.

Right?

Wrong. It’s self-congratulatory meritocracy bulls*** based on a whole bunch of false premises, a lack of objective reason, and fear. But let’s begin this with a few simple facts.

In the 50’s and 60’s and 70’s times were pretty good. If you went to work and kept your nose clean, college or not you could easily build a good life for yourself. Hell, one parent could work and support the entire family, not as some executive, but just working in one of our nation’s many factories. The largest employer in America was General Motors. The rest of the top ten consisted mostly of major manufacturers, all paying solid middle and upper middle class salaries to the men and women working on the line. They had healthcare, retirement, holidays, bonuses, you name it.

Today, America’s largest employer, employing about 1.5 million Americans, is Walmart. With an average pay of almost $9 per hour and some benefits, millions of American’s considered them a pretty decent place to work. Number two is McDonalds, not employing high-school kids looking for money to buy a car, but adults desperate for anything to support their families. Rounding out the top ten are companies like Home Depot, Lowes, Target. All pay as close to minimum wage and the fewest benefits they can. This is the new economy, the minimum wage and falling economy.

Approximately one-half the country lives in or near poverty. The vast majority of them work. One out of every four children went to bed hungry last night. Almost two million children, many of them with working parents, are homeless -- they are living in their parent’s car, the local shelter, or on a family-friend’s floor.

Officially, the unemployment rate is hovering at about 9%. This is a measure of people who do not have a job and are actively looking. The broader U6 rating, which includes some of the underemployed, is hovering at just under 20%. Essentially, one in five people want to work, or work more, but cannot find a job. They cannot find a job because there isn’t one. That’s the reality.

Those of us doing well love to pat ourselves on the back. We like to credit our choices, our skills, our merits for our success or security. We look at those doing poorly and believe that it was only their poor choices, their lack of skills, their sins. This wonderful fiction not only allows us to feel better about ourselves and how freaking awesome we are, but it frees us from any responsibility for helping others. They earned it, they deserve it. Bad things, we like to believe, happen to bad people.

In reality “bad things” happen to all people. They happen every single day. Some folks just have better tools to deal with them, and the two best tools anyone can have are money and hope. Poverty eats up both like a fire going through a crackhouse.

When you are doing okay, if something breaks you fix it or replace it with something you believe wont break. When you are poor the money to fix it is always money you needed for something else (that‘s what being poor means), so you leave it. If you have to replace it, you either do without or replace it with the cheapest thing you can find. You know it will break again, you just hope it lasts for a while, you hope when it breaks again you will somehow have the money to buy another cheap one. And around and around you go, your world slowly falling apart around you.

You keep things like a packrat. You tell yourself that it’s because you might need it or some part off of it. Sometimes it’s even true. The reality though is that the poor warehouse this junk for the same reason my depression-era grandmother filled her cupboards with useless oddities. It’s just what poor people do. It piles up, gathering dust, there’s no real way to clean around it, so you make new piles and stacks. Dusty boxes of junk. That’s why Walmart sells so many of those cheap plastic shelving units -- they know their customers.

When you are poor, if the faucet leaks (costing you extra on your water bill) there’s no money to replace it so you ignore it and hope it doesn’t get worse. There is nothing else you can do. Your fifty-year-old furnace is running non-stop, trying to keep up with the cold while sucking your wallet dry, and there’s no money for a service call or tune up, so you ignore it and hope the thing makes it through another winter. The car is making alarming noises, and you know it needs to be fixed now before something worse happens, but you can’t, there’s no extra fifty or hundred or thousand dollars lying around, so like everything else in your life you ignore it and try to hope that somehow, somehow, you will make it through to...

To what? Everything is falling apart. You are behind on your bills, credit is maxed or cancelled. You have sat down and cried at the kitchen table when you added up all the money you would need to get your life back on track. Maybe you figure twenty thousand dollars would do it. That’s not that much. With twenty grand you could pay off all the bills, buy your kids some decent clothes, and you could maybe even get a better car -- one that might even start every time you turn the key. So you do some math. If you can save fifty a month, and assuming nothing new breaks and no one gets sick and nothing else goes wrong, saving that twenty thousand would only take you…

Thirty-three years.

That’s reality for the poor. So they say *advertiser censored** it. There is no money to fix it, no way it will ever get better, anything they try is just going to fail anyway, something will go wrong, there’s no reason to care. With no hope and no future you live for today. It’s never going to get better, so screw it. Order a cheap pizza. Eat at McDonalds. Smoke. Do drugs. You might as well try to enjoy today, because nothing you do today, no sacrifice or effort, will change tomorrow.

Poverty, real poverty, does not inspire, it is a cancer that feeds on hope.

Personally, I believe we can do better. If we can replace a million miles of dirt roads with concrete and superhighways, if we can build dozens of aircraft carriers the size of small cities, and spend trillions blowing the S*** out of people on the other side of the world, if we can bomb their cities into rubble and then rebuild them on the US taxpayer’s dime then if we can we can damn sure take care of our own. Not ONE child should ever be hungry or homeless here. I don’t care if we have to give them a freaking house. Not one parent should have to choose between clothes for her baby or getting that lump in her breast checked out. And if it means some CEO needs to take a cut in his bonus, well, welcome to America -- that mom and her child, EVERY mom and every child is a whole lot more important to me.

Anyway, this rant is long enough. If you made it this far thanks for reading. If it annoyed anyone, sorry.

So much of this post I applaud. So much true. Where I personally disagree is that none of it justifies taking advantage of an innocent child or child abuse. NONE. My grandmother raised 6 kids alone in poverty... she kept them clothed and fed but most of all SAFE. I can't EXCUSE or make excuses for this group.

He's been a fugitive from Florida for 11 years.

"Michael Plumadore, 39, is a former Miami resident and a fugitive wanted in Florida for the past 11 years after violating probation in 2000, according to the Florida Department of Corrections."

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/12/27/2563190/indiana-man-accused-in-hacksaw.html#storylink=cpy

I am just looking at similarities.
Sketchy parenting.
Trailer park
Girl with disabilities.
He lived in Florida. Moves around a lot.
Wasn't there a brick or something propping up the trailer door. (While I get that Ron and Misty are likely and MP may have nothing to do with this...it would stand to reason that Misty or Ron could have known him. The little boy did say something about Misty being with a man that night.)
Pedo Park is also known as Pill Park by locals. Ron and Misty tried to deal pills.

Just thoughts. Again, he may not be connected at all. But I just keep thinking both girls had disabilities.

YES allot of similiar you might be on to something.
a dumpster involved also
both blonde little girls with bad parenting skills
both disappeared in middle of the night???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels