GUILTY IN - Alma Del Real, 22, South Bend, 12 April 2015

So sorry she hasn't been located yet
I wish LE would release some news about that night

Exactly. You took the words out of my mouth. If they truly want public's help then provide relationship of "friend" who dropped her off. They must know who it is if they know the 330a time...unless someone else reported to LE that they saw her at 330a getting dropped off. So who was last to see her?? Did bouncer/closing workers take note of last call customers' behaviour toward her. The Rumba bar lot doesn't look that big. Bouncer / management could very likely identify how many cars. .type..etc. were the last ones there.

I'm pretty sure they do know who the friend is - because they have the information that the friend dropped her off and did not watch her get inside the house.

Is South Bend, or the area in which she was allegedly dropped off, a high crime city/area? With as bad as things have been getting over the last decade, hell, over the past few years, who would drop a friend off, at that time, and not make sure the person gets into the house? I think that question answers the question as to why this "friend" hasn't been identified. Until I know more about this person, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm just glad that I have much better friends than that, as I'm sure most everyone reading these words do as well. Common sense can be a powerful thing.

Is South Bend, or the area in which she was allegedly dropped off, a high crime city/area? With as bad as things have been getting over the last decade, hell, over the past few years, who would drop a friend off, at that time, and not make sure the person gets into the house? I think that question answers the question as to why this "friend" hasn't been identified. Until I know more about this person, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm just glad that I have much better friends than that, as I'm sure most everyone reading these words do as well. Common sense can be a powerful thing.

:goodpost: los!

Are there any WSers familiar with the area who can chime in regarding the location? The time of "the drop-off" is truly worrisome, and sets off my HinkyMeter :(

Alma is absolutely beautiful, and no doubt garners attention no matter where she goes, regardless of the time of day. In the wee hours of the morning, she'd be particularly vulnerable!

As a single female, mom of two girls, a WSer, and just a human being, I'm a firm believer in the "buddy system." Perhaps I watch too much Investigation Discovery channel, but entering my own home alone at that hour would creep me out (someone is almost always there, so it rarely happens). Yes, I'm hypervigilant (I've shared on other threads how my own life fell apart - 10 years ago in fact! - and led me to be this way).

I cringe to think of what may have actually transpired that night. ITA with your entire post. Now my circle is extremely small, but I know I can count on those who are in my life to look out for me and my family. I'm so sad that it appears Alma didn't have that. I hope we hear something - anything - regarding the investigation soon.

The wait has to be beyond agonizing for her family and loved ones. My heart breaks for them. I want nothing more than for Alma to come home to them, safe and sound! :please:

Sorry for the long post. :blushing:

#FindAlma
:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

almadelreal2.jpg

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2015/04/alma-del-real-missing-from-indiana.html

That is an error. The last person who supposedly saw her was a "friend" who dropped her off early Sunday AM after visiting a local bar not far from her house. The "friend" did not watch her enter the home but says she was "dropped off there".

From channel 16 local:

Alma Del Real, 22, was last seen on April 12. She was dropped off by a friend at her home on Ewing Ave. around 3:30 a.m., after leaving Studio Rumba 305 in South Bend.

http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines/SBPD-ask-for-publics-help-to-find-missing-woman-299710211.html

Family appeals for help finding missing woman
10462632_805944066114337_1971249045442399208_n.jpg

Family members and friends of a missing 22-year-old on Friday appealed to the community to assist police in finding the woman. More than 50 people held a vigil and news conference Friday afternoon in honor of Del Real in front of the South Bend Police Department headquarters, 701 S. Sample Street, in hopes that by increasing focus on the case someone will provide police with information leading to Del Real's return. She has not been heard from since about 3:30 a.m. Sunday when she was dropped off by a friend at her Ewing Avenue home, after leaving Studio Rumba 305 nightclub on South Main Street.
http://www.southbendtribune.com/new...cle_5f2d600a-ad7a-5f2b-80ba-8e6836b31396.html

Tonight's local news story about Alma and the meeting with the Chief of Police. It was tense at first as family and friends felt like LE wasn't concerned enough about her absence.

http://www.wsbt.com/news/local/comm...ess-to-south-bend-missing-woman-case/32430692

I hope LE is looking at video from the streets around the bar and areas on the way to Alma's home so they can see where the "friend's" car passed or did not pass on that night (before they are erased).

I can't get passed this "friend". Am I alone in this?

I really hope we'll hear more soon about the "friend" and their exact relationship.

Another local coverage of vigil and talk with LE:

Shortly after the vigil ended, Chief Ron Teachman from the South Bend Police Department addressed a standing-room only auditorium. He said the department shares their concern for Del Real's disappearance and asks for collective cooperation.

http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines/Vigil-held-for-missing-South-Bend-woman-300386251.html

In the comments someone said search the river, yes another good place to put a body around here :(

WHOLE FAMILY: A child gone missing is a terrifying ordeal - Goshen News: Lifestyles

By Stephanie Price - Goshen News Columnist

A colleague of mine, SL (redacted), is suffering the recent unexpected and suspicious absence of her niece, 22-year-old Alma Del Real of South Bend. Alma, an aspiring makeup artist who’s well-known in the South Bend Latino community for her beauty pageantry, has been missing since at least 3 a.m. April 12.

According to SL, Alma never made it home after a night out in South Bend. All things — like the “deadness” of Alma’s cell phone, absolutely no word from her, no signs that she traveled anywhere and the fact that it looks like she never made it in her apartment though she was allegedly dropped off — point to foul play of some kind, SL said.

“It seems like either she was kidnapped and she’s being held against her will, or we’re going to find her body,” SL told me.
SL, whose family hails from Mexico, is serving as her family’s spokesperson as well as the chief coordinator for search efforts, candlelight vigils and police contact.
Among other efforts, SL’s working on getting her sister, Alma’s mother, in to the United States from Mexico in an emergent status.

If you have any information about Alma Del Real, contact the South Bend Police Department at 574-235-9201. If you would like to help the family in any way, you may contact me (574-333-4903), and I will put you in touch.

More@Link
http://www.goshennews.com/news/life...a-60fd-5f62-bc4a-3b532027fecc.html?TNNoMobile

#BringAlmaHome

Thx for article kimi. I find it telling that family so quickly presumes she is not alive. Just who in the hel# dropped her off (that no one saw)? Friend? Huh? If she left club at closing time then bar staff, bouncer surely has some inkling of her last steps...how did she get to bar that night? We know her truck was at her house, so let's start from there. Did she cab, walk, get ride w to bar? What were her places prior to bar that day? Was she planning on meeting someone? WHO were last to see her? Geez, we can't help if we have no info.

Re:article..kidnapped? like from bar at closing? Or swiped after she was dropped off? Who dropped her off? As soon as we get a POI we can start. ..:banghead:

Thx for article kimi. I find it telling that family so quickly presumes she is not alive. Just who in the hel# dropped her off (that no one saw)? Friend? Huh? If she left club at closing time then bar staff, bouncer surely has some inkling of her last steps...how did she get to bar that night? We know her truck was at her house, so let's start from there. Did she cab, walk, get ride w to bar? What were her places prior to bar that day? Was she planning on meeting someone? WHO were last to see her? Geez, we can't help if we have no info.

Re:article..kidnapped? like from bar at closing? Or swiped after she was dropped off? Who dropped her off? As soon as we get a POI we can start. ..:banghead:

ITA with everything you've written. Sadly, very little detail has been released thus far. It's been beyond frustrating - for essentially everyone (except perhaps the potential perp - if one even exist! - & FTR I believe at least one does :moo: ).

LE has been very quiet, and from all I've read, Alma's family and loved ones have very little to go one. :( There's not much to :sleuth: at this point :banghead: indeed!

I am hoping an informative presser from LE will be on the horizon soon. We need to hear something - anything - about victimology. People had to have seen her at the club, and upon her exit. Along with those interviews, I'm counting on warrants bring approved for her devices. (smartphone, home and work computers, and all social media accounts). As long as they are taking the time to paint a detailed picture of the events leading up to the last alleged sighting, the truth will come to light. :cow:

I just wish the long silence wasn't so deafening.

:twocents:

#BringAlmaHome

WHOLE FAMILY: A child gone missing is a terrifying ordeal - Goshen News: Lifestyles

By Stephanie Price - Goshen News Columnist

A colleague of mine, SL (redacted), is suffering the recent unexpected and suspicious absence of her niece, 22-year-old Alma Del Real of South Bend. Alma, an aspiring makeup artist who’s well-known in the South Bend Latino community for her beauty pageantry, has been missing since at least 3 a.m. April 12.

According to SL, Alma never made it home after a night out in South Bend. All things — like the “deadness” of Alma’s cell phone, absolutely no word from her, no signs that she traveled anywhere and the fact that it looks like she never made it in her apartment though she was allegedly dropped off — point to foul play of some kind, SL said.

“It seems like either she was kidnapped and she’s being held against her will, or we’re going to find her body,” SL told me.
SL, whose family hails from Mexico, is serving as her family’s spokesperson as well as the chief coordinator for search efforts, candlelight vigils and police contact.
Among other efforts, SL’s working on getting her sister, Alma’s mother, in to the United States from Mexico in an emergent status.

If you have any information about Alma Del Real, contact the South Bend Police Department at 574-235-9201. If you would like to help the family in any way, you may contact me (574-333-4903), and I will put you in touch.

More@Link
http://www.goshennews.com/news/life...a-60fd-5f62-bc4a-3b532027fecc.html?TNNoMobile

#BringAlmaHome

Thank you for this article. I was wondering why we haven't heard from the family, and now we know Alma's mom is in Mexico. I'm glad the aunt has stepped forward as spokesperson - I hope this gives the case more attention and can keep it in the media for the public to help. It's easier for the perp to go into hiding if no one is paying attention. Shine the light on this, Aunt! (I know that isn't easy and I feel for her to have this family duty.)

I still don't believe the "friend" dropped Alma off at her apartment at all. JMO.

This has now been too long to effectively release who she left with, what she was doing in the final minutes, who was there with her, what condition she left in.

Now, if this information comes out, other patrons of the place will be saying, wait, was that the night we were there too? When did we leave? It sounds like the family isn't 100% sure she was dropped off - as in, she was not dropped off by a really reliable long time female friend - so it's really time to get details out. IMHO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie
Back