IN- Carmel - Newborn baby safe after being placed in Safe Haven box

“I have a big smile on my face to hear that the system worked flawlessly. Our hope is that this baby boy will find a forever loving home the same way and find their forever family as well,” said Carmel Fire Chief David Haboush.

Haboush said the baby is healthy and doing well.

There was another healthy baby dropped off at Franciscan Health Hammond in northwestern Indiana. At the Carmel Fire Station on Wednesday, Safe Haven Baby Box Founder Monica Kelsey reiterated that there are always safe options for parents and babies.

“We honor you today. What you have done is selfless, honorable, and courageous and you should be so proud of yourself,” said Kelsey.

Two Babies Dropped Off At Safe Haven Boxes In Indiana This Past Week - 93.1FM WIBC

This one was a baby girl. I am so happy that these boxes are available so that these babies can be safely surrendered.

Second baby surrendered at Safe Haven Baby Box in Carmel in less than a month

A baby girl, who appeared to be just a few hours old, was left in the baby box within in the last week, Carmel Fire Department Public Information Officer Michael McNeelytold IndyStar. The baby was determined to be healthy.

The department did not release the exact date of the surrender in order to protect the parent's anonymity.

This is a great story to read on Mothers Day ! Birth Moms had courage.My hats off to them. Many future blessings for the babies. They went from zero to “sky is the limit” in one day. ✌✌

Wow. Thank you to the brave mothers who made courageous decisions.

A healthy baby boy was left in the Safe Haven Baby Box at Carmel Fire Station 45, the third child left at the station since April 5.
Author: WTHR.com staff
Published: 8:04 PM EDT May 17, 2022
Updated: 6:46 AM EDT May 18, 2022
CARMEL, Ind. — For the third time in six weeks, a newborn baby was surrendered to firefighters in Carmel.
A baby boy was left in the Safe Haven Baby Box at Carmel Fire Station 45, the third infant safely surrendered at the station since April 5.

From the above article:

"Although these are hard choices to make, we applaud the mother for giving her daughter the chance at life through an anonymous, safe and legal option," said Kokomo Fire Chief Chris Frazier.

Frazier said the baby box at Station #1 was installed in June 2020.

The baby is the fifth newborn surrendered to a baby box in Indiana this year. Indiana's 103 baby boxes are the most of any state in the U.S.

Five Indiana babies are alive and well this year due to the brave and loving actions of their mothers.

These babies can grow up knowing their mothers loved them so much that they made this decision to keep them safe.

From the above article:

"Although these are hard choices to make, we applaud the mother for giving her daughter the chance at life through an anonymous, safe and legal option," said Kokomo Fire Chief Chris Frazier.

Frazier said the baby box at Station #1 was installed in June 2020.

The baby is the fifth newborn surrendered to a baby box in Indiana this year. Indiana's 103 baby boxes are the most of any state in the U.S.

I wonder if IN is just doing a better job of educating people about this. If so, their program needs to be used in all of the states

I wonder if IN is just doing a better job of educating people about this. If so, their program needs to be used in all of the states
About:Safe Haven Baby Boxes
Safe Haven Baby Boxes originated in Indiana. You can request that your state/ town/ etc,. be the next to adopt SHBB's.

Can you imagine if this went nationwide? A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

About:Safe Haven Baby Boxes
Safe Haven Baby Boxes originated in Indiana. You can request that your state/ town/ etc,. be the next to adopt SHBB's.

Can you imagine if this went nationwide? A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.
This article is from last year but at the time 6 states had them:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back