IN IN - Chynna, 26, & Blake Dickus, 10, Franklin, 24 July 2006

dottierainbow said:
I'm sorry, but I totally disagree. I saw a Christian man of faith. I beleive he is drawing his strength from the Lord. I saw much emotion from him on our local T.V. I pray I will never have to wear those shoes.
Amy
Yes, a man of faith, but he does say that it is a new thing for him. He wasn't interested in religion until recently (influence of new wife i'm guessing). I wasn't sure what I thought of his interview. He did seem somewhat emotionally removed for most of it, but that could be shock. The only real emotion I saw was when he talked about the ex-wife and what she must be going through. Not sure if that's because he feels guilt for what he's done to her if he's guilty or if it's because she's alive and he can see her emotions, whereas the deaths haven't sunk in yet. I also thought it was very strange that he spent so much time talking about the missionary trip. That seemed way off subject and inappropriate.

What makes me most suspicious is the quote about financial difficulties. I hope he didn't decide that his loved ones would be better off with their Lord than with someone that couldn't provide for them.

Mellen that is the first thing I thought of when I heard him talking about his finances. And the whole talk about saving money so they could pay for their furniture in cash and the missionary trip? Why do we need to know all that? Everyone shows grief in their own way I understand that. The way he shoves his religion out there is wonderful in one way that he is a man of God but on another note I have a hard time feeling it to be genuine. This is one time where I can only HOPE I am wrong!

Mellen said:
Yes, a man of faith, but he does say that it is a new thing for him. He wasn't interested in religion until recently (influence of new wife i'm guessing). I wasn't sure what I thought of his interview. He did seem somewhat emotionally removed for most of it, but that could be shock. The only real emotion I saw was when he talked about the ex-wife and what she must be going through. Not sure if that's because he feels guilt for what he's done to her if he's guilty or if it's because she's alive and he can see her emotions, whereas the deaths haven't sunk in yet. I also thought it was very strange that he spent so much time talking about the missionary trip. That seemed way off subject and inappropriate.

What makes me most suspicious is the quote about financial difficulties. I hope he didn't decide that his loved ones would be better off with their Lord than with someone that couldn't provide for them.

I'm sorry, I didn't hear thart this was a new faith for him. He did slip when telling when he went him. 1st said 11 am then said, I'm sorry it was 1 p.m. I will give him a benefit of doubt until Police link him. I saw to much harm done to Mark Lunsford. When police look at him as a suspect with evidence linked , I could change my mind.
Amy

Mellen said:

On the morning news today they said they found a bloody shirt at the complex. Sorry guys but thats all i have right now. Can you belive I didnt see one thing about it on the 11 oclock news last night

dottierainbow said:
Indy Gal, I live in shelbyvile. Which channel are you getting best news from,
6,8, 13, or 59?
Amy

It was the radio x103 I think. The local tv news gives me nada:banghead: :banghead: Watching 13 right now you should watch 6 or 8

Indy Gal said:
It was the radio x103 I think. The local tv news gives me nada:banghead: :banghead: Watching 13 right now you should watch 6 or 8
The only thing the news said was the funeral is tomorrow at 1pm....how sad:mad:

Indy Gal said:
The only thing the news said was the funeral is tomorrow at 1pm....how sad:mad:
Scene of 2 killings searched again; police patrol area

Franklin -- As police Friday canvassed the Franklin neighborhood where a woman and boy were found slain in their home, evidence technicians searched the residence for the fifth day.

and
Detectives are checking more than 50 leads, Borges said. Police agencies are assisting. Concentrated patrols in the area will continue through the weekend.

and

A shirt, possibly with blood stains, that was found Thursday a few blocks from the Dickus house was being examined, Borges said.

Indy Gal said:
SewingDeb said:
Scene of 2 killings searched again; police patrol area

Police responded Thursday to complaints of door-to-door sales agents offering alarm or security services, Borges said.

Maybe it was'nt the husband after all??????? Will watch news and report what they say.

I think that was just some vulcher company taking advantage of the fear that people must be feeling in the neighborhood. I have not cleared the husband in my mind yet.

richandfamous said:
I think that was just some vulcher company taking advantage of the fear that people must be feeling in the neighborhood. I have not cleared the husband in my mind yet.
Okay i was reading it again and I think you are right. By the way I am with you about the husband. just red wrong:blushing:

I thought about two other recent crimes when I read about this. The stabbing and being beaten is a lot like the real estate agent's murder in McKinney, Texas. I wonder if any new construction was taking place near the home. Also, the case where the three young people were killed in the Indiana cornfield and the fourth seriously injured. Nick Harbison is still on the run and could still be in Indiana. I think he is probably long gone, but I thought about how Charles Starkweather and Carol Fugate were on the run after her family was killed and how they killed several other people while on the run. I may be completely off base but these two cases came to my mind when reading about these. I really thought the interview of the husband and father was weird. His voice was so flat and he kept blinking his eyes. I don't think I would have even been able to talk though and don't know how I would sound in similar circumstances. There are so many weird things happening lately. I guess we are just hearing about it more.

I clearly didn't see whatever it was you guys did pointing to his guilt in his interview. I saw a man which I felt was in a lot of pain, shock & disbelief. I do not think he was involved in this, although I always look first to the immediate family as well, I just don't get that sense hear. I really thought he was sincere in his interview, and I saw many instances of emotion coming, or trying to come, to the surface.

Let's also remember, that in many instances the parents of children will be given some kind of sedative immediately after an unexpected death. I have a friend whose teenage sister was killed in a car accident a couple of years ago, her parents were sedated the first few days. I also had a cousin (he was an adult) murdered a few years back and his mother was given sedatives, My best friend's mother died a month ago from natural causes, she was offered mild sedatives as well, because even though it was natural causes, it was completely out of the blue and unexpected and her mom was fairly young still, in her mid 50s. This tends to help them be able to go through the days immediately following the incident and deal with thier emotions somewhat but not be overwhelmed by them. This might be a reason he seems a bit insincere to you guys?

I don't know, I'm just not feeling it this time with him, I really would be shocked to find out he was involved. I saw him as a grieving husband/father, very much in shock as to why it happend to him and his family. I pray for them all, I just can't imagine what it's like being in his shoes, and hope I never find out.

Ok, I'm editing my post .... yes, I've read too much about crimes where someone in the family kills others due to financial strain getting to them emotionally or wanting to collect money from insurance on the lost lives. However, I just read that The Dickus family did not have life insurance.

I do not think it was the father, but it's sure a weird random crime if it was that. Obviously they have no money so it wouldn't be a robbery thing.
But then it could've been random because the Shasta and Dillon case was weird like that.

I wonder if it was just a beating and stabbing or if sexual assault was involved?

I also just watched the video, and he seems like a sincere man.

This is a terrible crime. It's hard to understand how such monsters are allowed to live in this world. :(

I have to agree with crimesleuther and PFM - this is one time I don't think it is the husband. If I'm wrong, I'll come back and eat crow! :D

Wonder how long they had been married? Could the perp have been an ex-boyfriend of the wife's - mad because she married someone else?

Alice253 said:
I have to agree with crimesleuther and PFM - this is one time I don't think it is the husband. If I'm wrong, I'll come back and eat crow! :D

Wonder how long they had been married? Could the perp have been an ex-boyfriend of the wife's - mad because she married someone else?
I thought I read somewhere that they were married 3 years. Perhaps he said it himself in the interview... I can't recall the source.

I just don't see why anyone would brutally murder her and the little boy so random like that? Construction worker saw dad leave after lunch and snuck in to rape her, the boy was witness so he had to kill him too? Ugh...I just don't know what to think like I said from the beginning I feel so bad to accuse or even think it was the husband esp. the pain he must be going through right now. I really really do hope my first thoughts are wrong about the husband.

PrayersForMaura said:
I thought I read somewhere that they were married 3 years. Perhaps he said it himself in the interview... I can't recall the source.

Well, if they had been married that long, it would probably rule out an ex. I really wish they would find who did this and make an arrest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back