In Fairness To Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would come forward to give insight. If anyone stood up and came forward they would be ripped apart, their whole life would be researched on the net by the so called DO Gooders who really havent done much good.Except to overwhelm Le with alot of nonsense. If LE needed the help I am sure the public would have been asked to help.To me it says even more that neighbors and coworkers and friends have not ever said anything bad about Cindy.IMO they usual come out of the woodwork in high profile cases IMO ,no one has said anything bad so is there anything bad to say?

Earlier in the month I saw a lady come on here briefly. She worked with Cindy. Wasn't buddy buddy, but on speaking terms, hello, how are you, etc. She said she came just to say that Cindy was a good nurse. Asked why she felt that was important for all us to know? Replied to the effect of I've heard people are saying she was even a bad nurse and I just wanted everyone to know that she isn't. She is a good nurse.

I don't recall seeing her again. Understandable from her perspective.

Have any of our posters ever been through the death of a grandchild at the hands of your own child? I would love to hear your take on CA and GA's actions thus far.

Never having been through this personally, I have NO idea how I would react.

TYIA :)

No. i have not had a grandchild die at the hands of my Borderline diagnosed daughter. She IS a danger to others. I have warned EVERYONE about it, including her future husband. He has been made aware that it is dangerous for her to have and care for children. Should she have them and still be a danger, they are aware that legal remedies will be taken and are already prepared for. Cindy tampered with clothing and personal effects that she herself said had "a smell of death on them." That smell was likely the smell of the death of her "beloved" Caylee. She must have tossed that out with the wash...??? Those are her words, her actions and she is responsible to God and the Justice system for them. May God have mercy on her!

I think the fact that it was so easy to leave the father of Caylee out of her life really says alot about how much they value fathers.

Casey is the one who choose not to name a father on Caylees birth certificate. Casey kept the father out of her daughters life. Unless Cindy was there the night Caylee was conceived she only knew what her daughter told her. Why is this Cindys fault?

Well, KC has a FATHER too. I am surprised at how many believe CA is responsible for how her child turned out but GA gets a pass. Every time a kid "goes bad", the press and the public always analyze the mother of the perp, unfairly IMO.

Other than that, I do agree with your post.

When this first happened I thought Cindy was single, because I never saw a father (grandfather) speaking or on camera. I was so surprised when he turned up. He was kind of non-existant.

Well, KC has a FATHER too. I am surprised at how many believe CA is responsible for how her child turned out but GA gets a pass. Every time a kid "goes bad", the press and the public always analyze the mother of the perp, unfairly IMO.

Other than that, I do agree with your post.
That is a great point and I am totally guilty of that myself.

Earlier in the month I saw a lady come on here briefly. She worked with Cindy. Wasn't buddy buddy, but on speaking terms, hello, how are you, etc. She said she came just to say that Cindy was a good nurse. Asked why she felt that was important for all us to know? Replied to the effect of I've heard people are saying she was even a bad nurse and I just wanted everyone to know that she isn't. She is a good nurse.

I don't recall seeing her again. Understandable from her perspective.

I missed that, I can just imagine the reception she received.

I cannot even imagine living Cindy's life, or what my reaction would be to the set of events she has lived through over the past months. After seeing Caylee's pictures and videos, it seems to me that Caylee was a happy child, and she seemed comfortable. I have to think that Cindy contributed to this in some way.

Everyone's reaction to stress is different--think about your own life, and how you would survive the cherry-picking of events of your life, the analysis of every statement you make in public, the constant barrage of media, with 24/7 coverage of your house and your comings and goings, the recording of your conversations. Could you sustain this over any length of time?

A question to ask is, how would we deal with this level of stress? When your main concern is to locate your loved one, and you are forced to deal with the peripheral circus being orchestrated by outsiders? On one hand, you would want help from the public in locating your grandchild, but the trade-off is borderline horrifying, IMO.

Add to this tragic situation, the many family problems that have been going on in the Anthony home over the past few years, as elluded to in reports, and it appears to me that Cindy's only option for survival is a large amount of strength. How she finds that may not please everyone, but the reality is that everyone does not have to live her life.

If you've ever been a working mother, you know the difficulties that come with balancing your work life and your family. It's been reported that Cindy and her family have experienced financial "situations" for a few years. This type of thing takes a toll on people, and I would expect that the perfection that everyone seems to expect of their peers is compromised at some point by the ongoing need to deal with stress. To be honest, I have to wonder if women in general feel their lives have been enriched with the trade-offs associated with being a mother working outside the home. The time available to the children is diminished, and the responsibility for financial contribution to the family is increased. The world we live in is getting more difficult, not easier.

I feel really bad for Cindy, and my hope is that she is able to find some degree of peace at some point in the future.

No. i have not had a grandchild die at the hands of my Borderline diagnosed daughter. She IS a danger to others. I have warned EVERYONE about it, including her future husband. He has been made aware that it is dangerous for her to have and care for children. Should she have them and still be a danger, they are aware that legal remedies will be taken and are already prepared for. Cindy tampered with clothing and personal effects that she herself said had "a smell of death on them." That smell was likely the smell of the death of her "beloved" Caylee. She must have tossed that out with the wash...??? Those are her words, her actions and she is responsible to God and the Justice system for them. May God have mercy on her!

Not being snarky but since you are dealing with a daughter you feel is a danger to herself and others. What is your opionion on the cause of your daughter being diagnosed a Borderline ? I am sorry about all you have and will go thru it can not be easy on your family.

Not being snarky but since you are dealing with a daughter you feel is a danger to herself and others. What is your opionion on the cause of your daughter being diagnosed a Borderline ? I am sorry about all you have and will go thru it can not be easy on your family.

My bio Mom (who did not raise me) has a personality disorder as does her bio Father and Uncle. When I was told about the herditary aspect, my husband and I became foster parents and adopted. We have 5 children. ETA - her doctors feel she is a danger to herself and others also. The only one who doesn't is my daughter herself.

My bio Mom (who did not raise me) has a personality disorder as does her bio Father and Uncle. When I was told about the herditary aspect, my husband and I became foster parents and adopted. We have 5 children. ETA - her doctors feel she is a danger to herself and others also. The only one who doesn't is my daughter herself.

Thank you for answering. My mom is manic depressive, and when I was very little all they did was give electric shock therapy and keep her in a hospital till she seemed ok. They did not have a name for it let alone a medication to help with it. I know how hard it is when someone you love has a disorder. I love my mom very much but she had caused alot of chaos in my life. But I have never stopped loving her and never will.

You know normally I am not one to judge someone--you know the old let he who is without sin mantra--but I'll tell you--there is just something about Cindy that has annoyed the **** out of me since day 1--watching her videotaped interviews were torture for me because I just wanted to jump into the screen and slap her. No one in my life has ever caused such a reaction from me and I have no idea why.

Given this entire case from the beginning Cindy certainley hasn't been looked at in a positive light. We have been mortified and angered at her for her behavior during this entire nightmare.
Yes, she really missed it big time in the parenting of Casey. But after the Aug. 14th video was released, I am beginning to see some things different. I saw a desperate, heartbroken, woman. It was one thing to see the real Casey, but I couldn't keep my eyes off of Cindy. I could, as a mother myself of a disturbed, wayward child, (not a lying murderer) somehow relate. I was hearbroken for her. I pray I never have to go through what she is now, and will, for the rest of her life.

One thing in particular that has been bugging me is the chili incedent. I've read several posts about how Caylee did not like chili, but Cindy fixed it anyway for Caylee's 3rd Birthday and we all thaught that that was odd.
Actually, Cindy fixed the chili for Caylee because she did like it to there suprise. Shirley P statement to the detectives said she fixed chili, but fixed her a peanut butter & jelly sandwich because they didn't think Caylee would like it. But, she did; she just didn't eat alot because she had eaten alot of popcorn at the nursing home. I know that thats not a huge thing, but it seems that Cindys motive for fixing Caylee chili was misinterpreted a little. I believe it was actually a loving gesture to Caylee.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/1643165/Plesea-Shirley---Statement

I'm just wondering...does anyone else have any thoughts of where we have been perhaps a little to quick to take Cindy (and George) out of context?

:heart:
I never saw a whole lot people making a big deal of the chili (wow that sounds silly), did I miss a thread?

I honestly feel that CA is responsible for the way she has been portrayed. Had her response been different to this entire situation, I think people would be more sympathetic. I think it all goes back to feelings vs. values. When a child hits another child, some parents say "do not hit, hitting is wrong" while others ask their child "what is wrong? why did you hit him/her?".
I am a values vs. feelings person. I cannot excuse CA's actions. KC is responsible for what happened to Caylee but CA is responsible for her response/actions these last several months. It sucks that CA has been put in this situation and I do feel badly for that but I cannot excuse her behavior b/c she was put in a horrible situation.

I'm not sure if there is a "cause" of a borderline personality disorder.

You know normally I am not one to judge someone--you know the old let he who is without sin mantra--but I'll tell you--there is just something about Cindy that has annoyed the **** out of me since day 1--watching her videotaped interviews were torture for me because I just wanted to jump into the screen and slap her. No one in my life has ever caused such a reaction from me and I have no idea why.
Thanks for your honesty. I feel so much better knowing now I'm not alone.

Thank you for answering. My mom is manic depressive, and when I was very little all they did was give electric shock therapy and keep her in a hospital till she seemed ok. They did not have a name for it let alone a medication to help with it. I know how hard it is when someone you love has a disorder. I love my mom very much but she had caused alot of chaos in my life. But I have never stopped loving her and never will.

Understand and I :blowkiss: you. Chaos ruled our home for years. No longer. i also love my daughter and want her to have a wonderful and SAFE life.

Cindy has behaved in a repugnant manner from the start of this whole thing. I have an extremely negative opinion of her and I don't think I or the rest of the people on here who feel the same have misjudged her at all. This family has an ulterior motive in everything they do. I think they are also very good actors. I didn't say they were smart but they are good actors.
When Cindy cries during the latest released jail visit, some people see that as her being sad that Caylee is "missing" and also she is upset because her daughter is in jail. I see tears because she knows exactly what happened and she is just wishing that Casey had been smarter with covering her tracks after what happened. I can't even say for certain that the seemingly anguish in CA's voice on that first 911 call is genuine and not feigned. Remember, KC was supposed to be following a script.

I cannot even imagine living Cindy's life, or what my reaction would be to the set of events she has lived through over the past months. After seeing Caylee's pictures and videos, it seems to me that Caylee was a happy child, and she seemed comfortable. I have to think that Cindy contributed to this in some way.

Everyone's reaction to stress is different--think about your own life, and how you would survive the cherry-picking of events of your life, the analysis of every statement you make in public, the constant barrage of media, with 24/7 coverage of your house and your comings and goings, the recording of your conversations. Could you sustain this over any length of time?

A question to ask is, how would we deal with this level of stress? When your main concern is to locate your loved one, and you are forced to deal with the peripheral circus being orchestrated by outsiders? On one hand, you would want help from the public in locating your grandchild, but the trade-off is borderline horrifying, IMO.

Add to this tragic situation, the many family problems that have been going on in the Anthony home over the past few years, as elluded to in reports, and it appears to me that Cindy's only option for survival is a large amount of strength. How she finds that may not please everyone, but the reality is that everyone does not have to live her life.

If you've ever been a working mother, you know the difficulties that come with balancing your work life and your family. It's been reported that Cindy and her family have experienced financial "situations" for a few years. This type of thing takes a toll on people, and I would expect that the perfection that everyone seems to expect of their peers is compromised at some point by the ongoing need to deal with stress. To be honest, I have to wonder if women in general feel their lives have been enriched with the trade-offs associated with being a mother working outside the home. The time available to the children is diminished, and the responsibility for financial contribution to the family is increased. The world we live in is getting more difficult, not easier.

I feel really bad for Cindy, and my hope is that she is able to find some degree of peace at some point in the future.

ITA and When you add to it that Cindy had most of the responsibilites of paying for 3 adults and a child.The stress must have been extreme.Probably the only stress relief she had was the time she had with Caylee.This Woman feels maybe we have been enriched in some ways but the trade offs have not been worth it. Unfortunately with the cost of living too many Women do not have a choice.

I'm not sure if there is a "cause" of a borderline personality disorder.

I agree. We were told that there is no scientific proof that nature or nurture causes this or both. They did tell us there is a hereditary component and warned me to try to prevent her from having children. There is so much we do not know about these disorders. I can say that our other 4 adopted children have been raised in our home and have no personality disorders.

Thanks for your honesty. I feel so much better knowing now I'm not alone.

Same reaction here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member