IN - Harpal Singh, 38, & Lisa Mora, 32, shot to death, Warsaw, 23 May 2007

KJ's family is angry over the media reporting there was an affair also.

The funeral for KJ is tomorrow. My husband and I will be attending.

We actually lived in a small town about 20 min from Warsaw.
Alot of our friends live in Warsaw and our children went to school there.
I absolutely love Northern Indiana and we still spend our summers there. It is a great place to raise children, there is something very wholesome about it.

I live in a small town outside of Warsaw, too.

I lived away from this area for almost 30 years, came back because my father was sick and met my now-husband.

Anyway...I read in one newspaper that K.J. and Lisa's murders are the first in Warsaw since 2002.

KJ's family is angry over the media reporting there was an affair also.

The funeral for KJ is tomorrow. My husband and I will be attending.

Joly,
I actually sent a message to the Times Union and told them I felt that they owed both families a public apology and that this was irresponsible journailism.

Lisa's funeral will be held on Tuesday. Many friends of mine will be going. Childrens classmates will be there as well as there parents.
Everyone in Warsaw is in my prayers.

This is home to me and it makes me so sad!!!!!

Joly, do you know was an APB listed for Omar?
I don't understand why the national news picks up on a man in Denver who commits a home invasion and steals a vehicle. They spent the entire day talking about this but, I have heard nothing on the national news about the death of Lisa and KJ and the search for Omar:slap: .

Lisa was buried today.
Her 7 yo son made a beautiful poster for his mother that was on display.
It has been determined that the bullet(one of 4) fired at point blank range into the side of her is the one that killed her.
The other victim KJ was buried this weekend.
Lisa's husband Omar Mora is still on the loose and actually is probably in Mexico and will never be seen again.
Might I also say that this article makes me furious. The only affair between KJ and Lisa was the one created in Omar's mind!!!!!! This was one controlling freakishly jealous man!!!!!
I think I am going to notify AMW.
Charges Filed; Mora Still At Large

Daniel Riordan
[FONT=ARIAL, SANS SERIF]Times-Union Staff Writer[/FONT]

[FONT=ARIAL, SANS SERIF]Murder charges have been filed against Omar Mora in the murders of Harpal Singh and Mora's wife, Lisa Heather Mora.

Mora was charged Thursday afternoon with two counts of murder, a Class A felony.

Police said that U.S. federal marshalls are involved in the case, but wouldn't say to what extent.

At 5:11 p.m. Wednesday, Warsaw Police responded to a 911 call from the Phillips 66 Service station at 2518 E. Center St., Warsaw.

Phillips 66 manager Harpal Singh, 38, of Warsaw was found outside the laundromat with multiple gunshot wounds.

According to Kosciusko County Coroner John Sadler, Singh suffered four gunshot wounds to the head and neck and three to the torso.

Sadler said the shots were sustained from an intermediate range, and it is believed that the weapon used was a 9 mm handgun.

Singh was pronounced dead at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.

Lisa Heather Mora, 32, of Warsaw was pronounced dead at 9:39 p.m. at Lutheran Hospital, Fort Wayne.

The Allen County Coroner's office handled the autopsy of Mora, but refused to release any details other than she died from multiple gunshot wounds.

It is believed the motive for both murders was an extra-marital affair that was taking place between Singh and Lisa Mora.

Omar Mora had no criminal history in Kosciusko County prior to the murders, and had only a February 2004 speeding ticket on record at the Kosciusko County Justice Building.

As of press time, Mora was still at-large
[/FONT]

America's Most Wanted is coming to Warsaw to cover the case. Maybe Mora will be found.

America's Most Wanted is coming to Warsaw to cover the case. Maybe Mora will be found.

I am glad I am sure that people have been contacting them. I know that I did yesterday . I just can't believe that we are not hearing more in the press.

Lets paray that is the case. We need to keep this thread alive!

Hi. I found this website when searching for more information concerning the search for Omar Mora. The family decided against doing AMW at this time. It sounds like the detective in Warsaw is at a dead-end with this case which is very sad to me.

I am a friend of Lisa's and spoke at her funeral. Our boys are best buddies. Lisa and I were in a Bible study for two years together.

We all struggle with wanting Omar caught and yet still greiving for the loss of Lisa.

Anyone have connections to the police/detective, etc. to know what's being done?

Thanks!

Hopefully there will be a correction made in the media they were NOT having an affair. If not for reading here, I would not know the truth of that. Thus, I never believe everything as reported in the media.
I hope they find Mora soon, but I doubt he'll ever face judgment in our courts. He will suffer all of his days here and his greatest judgment will soon come. Two very wonderful people were so selfishly taken. I'll pray for their children and families.

I used to live in Winona Lake and find this crime terribly sad for the family and for such a wonderful community. I lived there when David Swearingen killed his wife and two kids and a sheriff's deputy in the summer of 1994 and was on the loose for several days (and I remember being very frightened). Do any of you from that area remember the "bicycle bandit" from 1995 or 1996?

I still miss living there.

Hi Hoosierem,

I wasn't living in this area then, but my husband was. He remembers both incidents.

Hi Sadie,

My aunt lives in Warsaw and was at my parent's house on Sunday. She said that none of her friends believe there was an affair...so the word is getting out.

Apparently what is being said on the street is that Omar Mora was very possessive, quick tempered and that Lisa was being abused.

I DO understand the families not wanting to be on AMW, BUT, unless Mora is seen on television with a lot of mention of a reward, it would be very easy for him to go undetected in Mexico with his family and friends.

I just want to keep this thread alive so we continue to remember our need to find Omar.

I am so blessed to be close to the family. It is so comforting to be with Lisa's children and love on them. They are incredible kids and so fun.

The fact is that the circumstances surrounding the murders are confusing however the focus needs to be on finding Omar. When the family is ready I believe they will go the AMW route to catch him. I feel very positive about that program and their abilities.

I'm sad to say it seems like the detective and police force here in Warsaw have all but given up finding him. It makes me so mad.

Let's keep praying for the families and Omar. Let's pray he is caught or gives up running.

Omar Mora's truck has been found.

Topping 103.5 FM's news today is the discovery of Warsaw murder suspect Omar Mora's truck. Warsaw Police Det. Scott Whitaker says a nearly flat tire and a coating of dust indicated Mora's Chevrolet truck had been parked in a neighborhood north of Chicago probably since a short time after he allegedly shot and killed two people in Warsaw on May 23. The truck was found early Monday by Chicago Police...

The rest of the story is on 103.5 FM's site:

http://www.willie1035.com/Info/News/tabid/70/Default.aspx

Earlier news reports said Mora has relatives in Chicago as well as in Mexico. Maybe he used someone else's ID to get into Mexico and is there under another name?

I think this is a HUGE BREAK!

My husband was just talking about the man Mora murdered this morning. My husband saw the murdered man's brother, Paul Singh last week and Paul is still mourning his brother's loss. My husband was talking about how every time he saw the murdered man, KJ, he always was friendly and happy.

Several of Lisa's relatives and friends have posted on local newspaper forums, too. They miss her a lot.

I hope Mora is caught soon.

Thanks for the update on this! I was wondering if any clues ever came in. I sure hope they catch him.

I want him caught very soon too.

Surely LE has some idea who Mora's friends and relatives in Chicago are. I wonder what he is driving since he gave up his truck? Maybe he didn't go to Mexico and is in Chicago still.

I DO understand the families not wanting to be on AMW, BUT, unless Mora is seen on television with a lot of mention of a reward, it would be very easy for him to go undetected in Mexico with his family and friends.

I don't understand the family not wanting AMW to come. The people who work for AMW and do the filming, etc are the nicest people ever. They aren't intrusive in any way and are very compassionate. If they decided to do a reactment they don't do it with the family present. It is the best way to get a person's picture and story out there nationwide...I think anyway.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back