IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have NO idea of her friendship with JR or what she knows or what I know or my relationship with her but YOU ASSUME that I could not imagine...

Lady I can VERY well imagine and trust me I have had tons of talks with my daughter WAY before this happened about not being the ONLY girl with a bunch of drunk guys.

NOT TO SAY that anything that happened to LS was HER fault. It is the fault of our world.

Shocked, I realize that not everything on the Internet can be believed, but I've read endless posts by people who seem to know JR and only one of them had anything marginally good to say about him. He has a fan club of one. His fraternity was closed down. He sounds like a shady, not-too-bright, possible drug-dealing guy who could very well have played a role in the disappearance if not the death of LS. I wouldn't want my daughter friending a guy like this.

and he appears clearly to be the individual targeted by the family.

yes yes to all but this. No not clearly to me. I am still of the mind that they were not speaking of the main players who have given statements.

It is taken from street level and you do not know where he was standing.

You also do not know if the moon was the same the night she went missing as now.

Lots of we don't know.

I also read today that it is possible that he said he walked her part way.

I have not seen an official statement released of his story so everything being discussed is just assumptions and not facts.

Again until LE releases a statement we do not know and cannot know if he could see her or was lying.

To make any statements that he definitely could NOT see her or he WAS lying is wrong, inaccurate, or sorry but a lie.

I agree there's a lot we don't know. JR could have been on the 2nd floor balcony, which might have a clear line of sight to the corner. I don't know about the moon when the pic was taken, but if there was a full moon on June 3, it would be lighter. Long-time local's pic was taken "just after dark"; it might have been lighter around 4:30 am.

Hopefully LE knows much more than they've disclosed to public. And hopefully JR's friend Lauren will be found soon.

His fraternity was closed down. He sounds like a shady, not-too-bright, possible drug-dealing guy who could very well have played a role in the disappearance if not the death of LS. I wouldn't want my daughter friending a guy like this.

this description may match some of the other players in this tale. Even JW.

While I am hardly on JR's side here, I must say I've never had much doubt about his story about being able to see her walk down the street. Presumably he would be in the best possible position to know whether that is possible, and probably wouldn't have said it if it weren't. There are other, better bases on which to disbelieve his story, I would think.

... actually, since the light from a flash cannot travel nearly as far as the corner of College and 11th from Morton and 11th, the flash works totally against you here. What the flash does is artificially brighten up the near objects and make the further areas seem even darker in contrast. So no help to the argument.

Sure, but the flash illuminates the sign in the picture, where as the naked eye would not. That's what I meant by that, is that I believe it was much darker to the naked eye, and that someone standing there with no moon above to brighten objects would not be able to see as much as the camera does, as far as distant objects. MOO

Shocked, I realize that not everything on the Internet can be believed, but I've read endless posts by people who seem to know JR and only one of them had anything marginally good to say about him. He has a fan club of one. His fraternity was closed down. He sounds like a shady, not-too-bright, possible drug-dealing guy who could very well have played a role in the disappearance if not the death of LS. I wouldn't want my daughter friending a guy like this.

What have you read about him?

I've read that all the POI's are horrible people... are they really?

Friends I have spoken to don't understand Charlene's comment about only one friend calling police. I have trouble with it too. Clearly the main players have spoken to police, as have a bunch of Lauren's friends, the folks who went down to place the report.

Oh good then don't let your daughter befriend him. I will pass judgment if and/or when I ever meet the guy. Did I fall down the rabbit hole? I am not to tell people what to post when all I am doing is pointing out that people are posting facts which have NOT been confirmed. And yet I have people making assumptions about my daughter, me, our relationship, how good of friends she is with JR.

YUP this is why I am hiding behind an unknown ID. Funny I have posted evidence AGAINST the mafia in a public arena and some of you here are way scarier.

NO offense of course.

yes yes to all but this. No not clearly to me. I am still of the mind that they were not speaking of the main players who have given statements.

And what of the Post article today? While I agree that it may be a "rag," I don't think they're just impugning one POI on the basis of a statement explicitly directed at many people (though the parents have also referenced a singular individual in a prior conference). They may not have talked to the parents, but they've clearly spoken to someone in or close to the family who is pointing at JR. IMO.

Despite the fact that we here would listen eagerly to any insight that you or anyone you know has, I feel morally obligated to tell you that if I were your mother, or a close friend I would not only tell you not to get yourself verified, but also to get the heck off the internet entirely. Your brother is a POI (no matter if he is innocent) in a criminal investigation, as are his friends. It serves no purpose to speak publicly and words can get twisted. Not to mention flaming the fire of interest in your personal life. So, please, keep off posting publicly on the internet for your own sake.
And I sincerely apologize if this advice is against the interest of WS or us, I just think he needed to hear it.

I agree with elmomom that anything that anyone personally knows with regard to a POI should probably not be discussed on the Internet unless cleared by an attorney - and maybe not even then. And, even if it is done behind a screen name, that information can be traced.

That still leaves some areas that could be discussed without touching upon anything too sensitive but it would probably be a constant dance to avoid revealing anything.

This is also a difficult site for anyone who is related to a POI or a victim to even read, I would imagine. There is a lot of free ranging speculation that is well within the TOS of Websleuths that can be upsetting to those who have a relationship with a POI or a victim.

Despite the fact that we here would listen eagerly to any insight that you or anyone you know has, I feel morally obligated to tell you that if I were your mother, or a close friend I would not only tell you not to get yourself verified, but also to get the heck off the internet entirely. Your brother is a POI (no matter if he is innocent) in a criminal investigation, as are his friends. It serves no purpose to speak publicly and words can get twisted. Not to mention flaming the fire of interest in your personal life. So, please, keep off posting publicly on the internet for your own sake.
And I sincerely apologize if this advice is against the interest of WS or us, I just think he needed to hear it.

100% agree with this, highwire.
I feel for you, man. Hang in there.
You're not the only person having a connection to a POI who has posted something on the internet... and it just isn't beneficial for anyone, imo. And if there's something you or your family think needs to be clarified, speak with the lawyer, don't take it into your own hands.

I get the impression that if you do not buy the official story you either get ignored as I see some posters who are more quiet than I but expressing the same opinion are or you get hammered.

I do not have rose colored glasses although I must say participating here has cleared my glasses even more.

I hope I never am in the wrong place at the wrong time where I might be a POI.

Seems to me that POI equates to guilty and I certainly will never trust a jury of my peers after reading posts here.

I certainly don't think being a POI equates guilt in this particular discussion.

CR made himself available to the LE. Let them dump his phone and financials. Searched his car. Submitted DNA. Went on camera about LS. And this was all in the very beginning. Sure he looks like a big dummy saying "I blacked out and can't remember anything." But his information is all out there. Any questions I may have seem small compared to the questions I have about JR and his involvement about that night.

A statement from a lawyer saying he cooperated is not good enough for me.

And as far as only taking "confirmed" information from the LE. All I can say is release the surveillance footage in it's entirety. Including the fight. I want to see it all.

Release the forensic report done on JR's townhome - if they even searched his townhome for evidence.

And release the name of JR's house guest. Let's get it all out on the table and see what is what.

IMO of course.

Oh good then don't let your daughter befriend him. I will pass judgment if and/or when I ever meet the guy. Did I fall down the rabbit hole? I am not to tell people what to post when all I am doing is pointing out that people are posting facts which have NOT been confirmed. And yet I have people making assumptions about my daughter, me, our relationship, how good of friends she is with JR.

YUP this is why I am hiding behind an unknown ID. Funny I have posted evidence AGAINST the mafia in a public arena and some of you here are way scarier.

NO offense of course.

Perhaps you misread what I said. I said I can understand why you would want to defend him. I have made no assumptions about your daughter or your relationship. I have only stated what you have told us, that they are friends.

Can you post a link to the official report that JR was intoxicated AND doing drugs?

I might have missed it but as far as I have read the drugs have ALL been UNCONFIRMED rumors.

I have to include the following disclaimer on all my posts I guess.

I am NOT saying he had NOT been drinking.

I am NOT saying he had NOT been doing drugs.

I AM saying we do NOT know unless there is a confirmed report.

This is not a courtroom. We don't have to qualify everything we post here at WS. You would like us to, I see that. If you want to in your own posts, by all means have at it.

... actually, since the light from a flash cannot travel nearly as far as the corner of College and 11th from Morton and 11th, the flash works totally against you here. What the flash does is artificially brighten up the near objects and make the further areas seem even darker in contrast. So no help to the argument.
Actually, I did not use a flash for this photograph. I had my camera on a tripod.

The new thread is here: IN IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #13 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

*IT IS NOW OPEN*

If you are having problems with a poster, DO NOT reply to that poster. Use the alert button in the corner of the post and a moderator will take a look at it. OR, you can put that particular poster on your ignore list. If you reply to a problematic post, YOU can also get in trouble!

Other tips for Dealing with your Fellow Posters - Best Practices Dealing with your fellow posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

MOST IMPORTANTLY - Remember why you are all here. For Lauren.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare