IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the landfill people said there would be specific places that the trash would have been placed and that the could target areas to search. So maybe not so difficult. Expensive, maybe. But maybe they could use the info/reward money for that instead since it doesn't seem like they are going to be giving it to anyone any time soon.

MO

I think the landfill people said there would be specific places that the trash would have been placed and that the could target areas to search. So maybe not so difficult. Expensive, maybe. But maybe they could use the info/reward money for that instead since it doesn't seem like they are going to be giving it to anyone any time soon.

MO

Considering how long has passed since she went missing, if she were in a landfill, there is got to be a whole bunch of trash on top of her. So yes it would be very difficult.

It was 12 minutes. In which two allegedly intoxicated people had to get onto an elevator, get to the fifth floor, one of them was involved in a fight, then they had to again get into an elevator and leave the building. How exactly is that excessive?

12 minutes is a long time for what you described above. We have one witness now that describes the sequence of exiting the elevator to leaving the building as "less than 60 seconds". I'm not saying that what they did in Smallwood isn't limited to exactly all that you described, just that it would seem to involve interaction with other people, who could give light to LE on what LS intentions may have been. Maybe they have, though.

LS goes to DRs
LS + DR go to JRs
LS + CR go to Kilroys
DR returns to Smallwood
LS returns to Smallwood
LS + CR encounter ZO +? + ? while at Smallwood
LS + CR go to 5 North via alley
LS goes to JRs
LS is seen with AB or someone matching his description
Phone call from JR cellphone to DR cellphone
LS is claimed to leave 5North to corner of 11th and College
LS goes missing

JR, CR & MB live on 11th near College.
AA, AB & ZO live on 10th near College?
LS & HT live on 9th near College.

And the alley is proximate to all the apartments.

JR, CR & MB live on 11th near College.
AA, AB & ZO live on 10th near College?
LS & HT live on 9th near College.

And the alley is proximate to all the apartments.

bbm

yes, AB/ZO (and BB) live in either 10th and College Apts or 10th&College Village both of which are proximate to the alley

12 minutes is a long time for what you described above. We have one witness now that describes the sequence of exiting the elevator to leaving the building as "less than 60 seconds". I'm not saying that what they did in Smallwood isn't limited to exactly all that you described, just that it would seem to involve interaction with other people, who could give light to LE on what LS intentions may have been. Maybe they have, though.

That witness describes how long it supposedly took LS and CR to get from the exiting the elevator to the door, while stumbling. If that alone took a minute or less, then how long would it take to:
1) enter the building
2) wait for the elevator
3) get into the elevator and get to the fifth floor
4) be involved in confrontation
5) wait for the elevator
6) get down to the first floor
7) exit the elevator and get to the door (which supposedly took 60 seconds or less)

That witness describes how long it supposedly took LS and CR to get from the exiting the elevator to the door, while stumbling. If that alone took a minute or less, then how long would it take to:
1) enter the building
2) wait for the elevator
3) get into the elevator and get to the fifth floor
4) be involved in confrontation
5) wait for the elevator
6) get down to the first floor
7) exit the elevator and get to the door (which supposedly took 60 seconds or less)

(1) entering the building is at 2:30, (2 + 5) could be as short as 0 seconds, maybe as long as 4-5, (3+6) combined is going to be no longer than a minute, maybe 2-3 if there was frequent stops (4) obviously unknown, it could be 5 minutes, could be 10 minutes, could be 1 minute.

It's impossible to lock it down to exclusively these events, one scenario sure, but far from the only one.

edit- realize maybe i'm taking it for granted that this info is known, so i'll add that the elevator is maybe 15 steps from the front door and within 5 from where the altercation is said to have taken place.

My question has always been, how did that confrontation happen when no one knew that LS and CR were even going to be there at that time? There must have been prior contact before the confrontation.

My question has always been, how did that confrontation happen when no one knew that LS and CR were even going to be there at that time? There must have been prior contact before the confrontation.
Possibility #1
LS was headed for someplace in Smallwood (whether hers or someone else's) and this group, or part of this group was there hanging out.
Possibility #2
Encounter happened because of something at Kilroy's, and continued and escalated at Smallwood - maybe one or two people at Kilroys enlisting a group by phone at Smallwood?

Either of these is possible, I'm sure there are other ways to imagine this encounter.

And what was it about we've heard 2 stories:
CR's behavior towards LS
Drugs

?

One theory (mine, in fact) would be that it was random. Maybe the altercation started in the Smallwood lobby and continued as they all got on to the elevator, maybe ZO and company were congregating in the 5th floor lobby and didn't like how CR appeared to be handling LS as they exited the elevator.

In my own mind, this is one of the main questions I would like to have answered. Why were they even there to begin with? This is one area where cell phone records from that night would be useful.

I am woefully behind on reading, but I had a thought about the possibility of JW being involved.

Say he did hear about the evening's events, and didn't just "go to bed". He didn't then go to Smallwood - he would have been on camera if he did.

I'm doubtful he went to CR's - why would CR & roommate cover for him if he did?

Likewise I'm doubtful he went to JR's.

Could he have waited outside 5 North for a long time without anyone seeing him? It's not like he would have known when (if) she was leaving.

I know it was discussed that LS could have walked to his place without being seen on video, but it was a very specific path - what are the chances that she would have taken that exact path?

MO

I want LE to publically explain their decision not to secure the landfill in a timely manner after accepting Lauren's official missing person report. I find their choice perplexing and unfortunate.

that explanation, if truthful, could very well derail their current investigation.

If they have info that makes the landfill search unnecessary, it would probably not be wise to make that info public.

When I first learned of Laren being missing, read all that I could, then decided to come here and help, I felt that BPD was doing a good job, moving quickly to get the word out and investigate. As I've sat here now for 50 some days, waiting, posting areas that NEED to be searched, found out that the dumpsters had been emptied early Friday morning and they hadn't had a chance to be searched, now, I'm seeing the same old pattern for LE.

I would disagree respectfully of course.To me this strikes me as a college town were the police Dept. spends its days and makes a lot of money handing out public intoxication tickets at 500 dollars a pop.Just about every person we have heard about in this case has one.Apparently LS and JW got them while they were together tailgating at a football game.Another got his because he was walking in the street instead of on the sidewalk.One local poster suggested the reason LS and CR took the alley was to avoid the police.So they would not be stopped and arrested simple for walking down the street intoxicated.It makes me wonder if one of the reasons the police are getting so little cooperation from LS fellow students is they have such an awful relationship with them.

So I guess I should not compare my college town out here [ Santa Barbara] to LS's town. My daughter visits friends there many weekends and some of the kids there are out of control. She says you have to be very very drunk to get a public intox ticket there. If there are sober friends they will allow them to take over as opposed to ticketing someone. So maybe it is a different situation.

However there are recent reports that she was so drunk when she was leaving her apt. elevator that she stumbled and fell against the wall. So imo, she did have a problem with alcohol. Many college kids would realize at that point that they needed to stay in if they could not even stand up.

UPDATE:
On July 17 Psychic Gale St john left her home in route to Bloomington Indiana to help with the search for 20 year old Lauren Spierer.

Gary Peterson from FindJodi.com had invited Gale and I to help on the search. Gary and I talked about doing my Radio show from location to bring attention to the Spierer case. I was not able to drop all my commitments and assist in the search but my friend Gale made arrangements and went on the road.

Gale arrived later in the afternoon on Sunday the 17th Gary was busy with meetings so Gale decided to do her famous ‘blind drive’ with her cadaver dogs. St. John returned to the hotel later for much needed rest.

On Monday the 18, St. John spent the day searching alone with her dogs until 5PM when Don Cranfill, the Bloomington coordinator for the Lauren Spierer search met with her. Gale was taken to several sites by Mr. Cranfill, where she reported sensing something had happened at two of the sites not related to Lauren’s case. Mr. Cranfill confirmed that two murders had taken place where she sensed and she was correct in that they were not related to the Spierer case.

Lastly, Mr. Cranfill took Gale to the another location, a place where St. John had circled the day before by vehicle. This time Gale took one of her dogs, Kimber, to do a ground search and the dog indicated in this area. Gale then returned kimber to the vehicle to cool off from the heat and brought out her other dog, Simon, who also indicated in the same area. Lauren Spierer parents were called, the police were called and told about the developments. The Spierers were distraught and wanted yet another set of dogs to provide confirmation of St John’s findings. The Police declined their request saying, their own dogs had indicated in the same area several days earlier but the parents were never told and no one knows if leads were followed then to secure and search the area.

Sunday evening Gary Peterson and Gale St. John were to appear on my Internet Radio show but Gary was unable to attend. Monday evening Gale St John received a call from Gary Peterson to tell her the Spierers no longer needed her services.

I am perplexed as to why no one has reported that Gale St John was asked to assist in the search for Lauren and that her cadaver dogs indicated around the area where Lauren Spierer was last seen. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg