IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just picked up a potentially interesting piece of information about LS's shoes. Do we know anything about her shoes -- other than she left them at the bar? We know about the other items she had -- her keys and phone -- but I don't ever remember reading anything about whether her shoes were found.

Would it make any difference? If she left them at the bar and then went to her place, she would have put on other shoes. She did leave her phone behind ... when was that retrieved?

She was alone when she left JR's 5 North apartment at 4:30 am, according to JR. The elevator is in the Smallwood Apartments where she lived. LE has said a companion appears with LS in a video from outside the apartment building as she left Smallwood, and in another video minutes later as she exited the alley between College and Morton near the 5 North apartments.

Do you know if there is any kind of a map showing her movements and timelines? If not, I'd be happy to make one if I had help with times and locations. It might make it easier to visualize what may have happened.

I have just picked up a potentially interesting piece of information about LS's shoes. Do we know anything about her shoes -- other than she left them at the bar? We know about the other items she had -- her keys and phone -- but I don't ever remember reading anything about whether her shoes were found.

It's been reported multiple times that the shoes were found, and the reporting was simultaneous with the report of her phone being found at the bar, but looking back after your post I wonder if it's true that the shoes too were found at the bar or somewhere else.

I don't know if it's the word "decoys" or not, but you've missed the point.

Put it this way - say they searched JR and JW's places, but not CR/MB's. Now everyone including the POIs would know CR/MB are off the hook, and at least one of JR and JW are on it. That would probably not be helpful to the investigation.

We dont really even know that CR/MB have really ever been on the hook, aside from being named POI's early on in the case. The only way either of them could really be considered suspects is in a scenario involving multiple people. It has been stated by LE that JR was the last known person to see LS. So, unless you are some realistic way that CR or MB acted alone, I dont see your point. Searching JR's place would be the same as searching CR or MB's place. If they are involved it would have been with JR, in all liklihood. The person who did this to Lauren already knows that they are guilty and also probably recognizes that LE has been able to prioritize certain POI's over others at this point.

We dont really even know that CR/MB have really ever been on the hook, aside from being named POI's early on in the case. The only way either of them could really be considered suspects is in a scenario involving multiple people. It has been stated by LE that JR was the last known person to see LS. So, unless you are some realistic way that CR or MB acted alone, I dont see your point. Searching JR's place would be the same as searching CR or MB's place. If they are involved it would have been with JR, in all liklihood. The person who did this to Lauren already knows that they are guilty and also probably recognizes that LE has been able to prioritize certain POI's over others at this point.

I agree entirely. I was using CR/MB for illustrative purposes; it's probably clear that I meant a different POI.

Do you know if there is any kind of a map showing her movements and timelines? If not, I'd be happy to make one if I had help with times and locations. It might make it easier to visualize what may have happened.
http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/pages/lauren_spierer#videos

Good information at that link. Also, one of our members, Btown, has taken excellent photos and provided a map. He's even included the video surveillance cameras in the area. You can find it in the opening post of this thread and most previous threads. Other members have provided photos, as well. You can find them in the media thread linked in the OP.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6917912&postcount=1"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IN IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #18[/ame]

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/pages/lauren_spierer#videos

Good information at that link. Also, one of our members, Btown, has taken excellent photos and provided a map. He's even included the video surveillance cameras in the area. You can find it in the opening post of this thread and most previous threads. Other members have provided photos, as well. You can find them in the media thread linked in the OP.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IN IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #18

Thanks ... did anything pan out about the truck in the area? Morgan Harrington was taken from the street while intoxicated. Reports from friends were confusing and not helpful. It was a stranger abduction.

I agree with you. I really don't think she even left that building alive right now or if she did it was to a closer building near JR's place, but I am having that moment of I don't want to completely discount anything.

(By the way I promise I am not a huge crying mess anymore-grew up, kept the same kind boyfriend, wish Lauren would have that same chance to grow up)

So while we both don't know whether JW is involved or not, we can understand that certain scenarios take weight over others. A scenario involving JR is weighed more heavily in my mind because he is the last person to see her. I don't believe she could have walked around the corner as she supposedly did, the mysterious 4:15am phone call puts JR in question in my mind, and then he has been the only one who is completely silent. Whereas it could be possible that JW grabbed LS in the alley, or on College Ave., I must give that theory less weight at this time because I have no information that JW was in the area, and I would then have to ask myself why the abduction wasn't caught on video, or if it were on video, why JW has not been arrested. I don't know whether JR is involved or not. I don't know whether JW is involved or not. I don't know if CR/MB/DR are involved or not. But I can use the information I have to prioritize the possible scenarios.

So she was so drunk she could barely stand up at 2:45, supposedly had to walk someone home, did that, was seen at 4:15 rounding the corner and that's it?

So while we both don't know whether JW is involved or not, we can understand that certain scenarios take weight over others. A scenario involving JR is weighed more heavily in my mind because he is the last person to see her. I don't believe she could have walked around the corner as she supposedly did, the mysterious 4:15am phone call puts JR in question in my mind, and then he has been the only one who is completely silent. Whereas it could be possible that JW grabbed LS in the alley, or on College Ave., I must give that theory less weight at this time because I have no information that JW was in the area, and I would then have to ask myself why the abduction wasn't caught on video, or if it were on video, why JW has not been arrested. I don't know whether JR is involved or not. I don't know whether JW is involved or not. I don't know if CR/MB/DR are involved or not. But I can use the information I have to prioritize the possible scenarios.

I think that IF JW had gone looking for her then LE would have known after seeing his cell records. The only way he would have known where or when to look for her would be if one of his friends texted him about her being with JR
and walking to his place, drunk and alone with him. But he would have been arrested already if that was the case, imo.

Would it make any difference? If she left them at the bar and then went to her place, she would have put on other shoes. She did leave her phone behind ... when was that retrieved?

It would make a great difference. LS did leave them at the bar by all accounts right now. She did not put on other shoes when she went back to Smallwood because she never got to go into her apartment. Her phone was retrieved midday on June 3. May I suggest reading some articles about the case. LoHud.com would be a great place to start.

Thanks ... I was just reading some more ... is there any possibilty that she was was taken by an unknown person?

Yes, a stranger abduction is possible. Despite the speculation and gossip revolving around Congressman Gary Condit, the murder of aide Chandra Levy was perpetrated by an illegal immigrant who happened to see her jogging in a park.

Was the last sighting of her leaving the building and rounding a corner alone or was it when she stumbled out of the elevator?

Timeline:
[Note: edited to use initials for names. Emphasis mine. ]

Friday, June 3rd 2011

1:46 a.m. - LS shows up at Kilroy's Sports Bar

2:27 a.m. - LS leaves Kilroy's

2:30 a.m. - LS arrives at the Smallwood Plaza apartment building

[Altercation ensues. LS not involved. CR punched by ZO. As LS and CR leave elevator of Smallwood, LS stumbles in the lobby. ]

2:42 a.m. - Lauren leaves Smallwood Plaza

2:48 a.m. - [Last known camera image of LS] LS seen on surveillance cameras walking down a north-south alley on 10th Street into an empty lot

2:51 a.m. - Witness says Lauren shows up at a friend's place on 11th Street

[LS and CR went to apartment shared by CR & MB, per CR's attorney.

"We know there was a visit to this apartment complex of 11th and Morton [ aka '5 North']," said Bloomington police Capt. Joe Qualters.

[JR's apartment is also in the 5 North building. After leaving the apartment shared by CR & MB, LS went to JR's apartment].

4:30 a.m. -[Last reported sighting of LS: ] [JR] sees Lauren near 11th and College

Link: http://www.fox59.com/news/bloomingt...udents-disappearance-20110616,0,1518395.story

See photo on page 1 of thread: very helpful.

It's been reported multiple times that the shoes were found, and the reporting was simultaneous with the report of her phone being found at the bar, but looking back after your post I wonder if it's true that the shoes too were found at the bar or somewhere else.

I seem to recall during the first few days a rumor that one of the articles was found at a friend's apartment. And that the shoes were in possession of LE.

So she was so drunk she could barely stand up at 2:45, supposedly had to walk someone home, did that, was seen at 4:15 rounding the corner and that's it?

Pretty much.

actually i think the first reports were clear that the shoes were recovered at the bar

But how would her bf even know she left her shoes there?

He knew about her phone because the employees of the bar called him because he sent the most recent text messages.

But how would they know about her shoes?

Tony-why not just share what you know<mod snip>? Were the shoes found somewhere other than the bar, as far as you know?

But maybe she was never barefoot? I mean she was wearing skin toned ballerina flats. You could have easily missed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57