IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a bit confused why drug combos would be laughable too, but I think the terminology could be part of the confusion. People combine all drugs in every combination possible. However, the word "cut" may carry the connotation of either padding an expensive drug with filler to rip someone off or (sometimes) cutting something with an even more addictive substance to get the person hooked faster. So, perhaps cut may have certain connotations that would not describe LSD/Coke being used together. But, pretty much all drug combos are used (scarily enough).

I watched one documentary about someone who cut heroin and coke together by choice. That just blows my mind. Like, how can the human body even live through a healthy dose of coke/heroin??

In regards to the 'leaked video" and the recent story in lohud - could it be that a friend or someone say who lived in Smallwood was asked to review the video to help identify the persons shown on the video?
Having said that, the "Florence Nightingale" reference seems something an older person would say rather than a college student.

I hadn't thought of the possibility that some of the friends and even POIs may have been asked to view the video to ID the others in it - that's an interesting idea and likely true, especially of the altercation video - thanks!

I agree that the choice of "Florence Nightingale" sounds like something someone older would say - when I read the quote my mind automatically makes it the voice of an old school NY cab driver from the Bronx.

I was a bit confused why drug combos would be laughable too, but I think the terminology could be part of the confusion. People combine all drugs in every combination possible. However, the word "cut" may carry the connotation of either padding an expensive drug with filler to rip someone off or (sometimes) cutting something with an even more addictive substance to get the person hooked faster. So, perhaps cut may have certain connotations that would not describe LSD/Coke being used together. But, pretty much all drug combos are used (scarily enough).

I watched one documentary about someone who cut heroin and coke together by choice. That just blows my mind. Like, how can the human body even live through a healthy dose of coke/heroin??

I guess I don't know what the significance would be of coke cut with something versus not, or various combos except if it answers the questions a) did she have enough to explain the no shoes, wandering around losing things etc., b) did she take something that could have killed her, and c) did she take something that impaired her alertness/judgment and made her more vulnerable to a predator. To me, coke alone wouldn't account for anything but b, but otherwise, any combination of substances taken willingly or unwillingly could cause all of those.

All these drugs... wow... a bit terrifying reading all of them.

The only drugs I can really comment on is this:

1. Alcohol

Too much alcohol - and everyone's tolerance is different - one person can have 2 bottles of wine and be totally fine and another person can have 2 glasses and be falling around - everybody "experiences" alcohol differently whether used in combination with another drug of by itself.

2. Anti-Anxiety meds & Sleeping tablets

I suffer from severe anxiety disorder and OCD and take alzam on a regular basis - sometimes a bit too much but when you've experienced anxiety the way I have, you can possibly relate. I once took about 6/7 10mg sleeping tablets and wasn't even close to being knocked about and I had some drinks before that. Completely stupid to do but I was just so tired and couldn't fall asleep and just kept popping them. To add: I'm much better these days - everyday gets better...

Everyone has a different tolerance to things - Lauren could just as well just have had alcohol and reacted the way she did, losing things, leaving shoes behind etc, goodness knows I've had friends that has done that when they've only drank alcohol.

I'm giving the above opinion as a possibility that maybe she did not OD and something else happened to her at the hand of someone else and not necessarily something she took. Just my opinion. I consider the OD theory strongly but try and keep an open mind.

Do you mean this quote?

Link: http://www.lohud.com/article/201107...n-Spierer-s-mother-posts-new-emotional-letter

My interpretation: Does not quite accuse the person or group of killing LS or causing her death, but rather states that LS's life or quality of life is not their priority. The accusation is only that they put own material gain or advantage first.

Of course, a truly heartless and completely selfish person would be completely unmoved by such a accusation; therefore, maybe the author suspects that this person or group actually does care about morality or at least wishes to be appear as having good morals.

The person or group is not proactively committing a crime, nor have they necessarily committed any crime at any point; but rather they morally err in their failure to act. They are not saying something that should be said, or not doing something that should be done.

The person or group is a passive bystander who observes the situation and fails to act, rather than an aggressive criminal.

The person or group should consider their religious or moral principles.

Directed towards esp. younger people, who will have decades to live with the guilt if they do not do the right thing now.

Means that these silent watchers have taken her family's faith in humanity and the future, and not that they actually abducted LS.

JMO: this message is intended to persuade friends and acquaintances of LS to come forward with any info they may have.

Therefore, the message seems to imply that this case was not a stranger abduction; since anyone reporting LS being seen with a stranger would not be harming their own self-interest.

Nor does it imply that a young person might not being coming forward due to loyalty to a friend or boyfriend. They put their self-interest first.

Whoever is not telling the family or the proper authorities where LS is or what happened that morning is gaining in some material way from not doing so.

The message does not seem to consider the possibility of any actual antipathy on the part of the watchers.

Yes, I think this reaches out to friends who have info to come forward. I think in many scenarios there is not a large number of people who have valuable information to give. Do the Spierers think there was a big party and many people know and are covering. Do the Spierers think maybe a person present has confided in a person not present. ( I can't imagine either of these and thus my confusion) If something happened at 5 North Townhouses it is possible as few as 2 people know. And I think the language of the plea makes it more humiliating for those two individuals to speak up.

JMO

Up until now this PD has managed to be pretty leak proof.So I wonder if this story has been leaked by some rogue officer or LE has gotten to the point in their investigation were they made the calculated decision to release this info.

I've been told the story about the contents of the video is very inaccurate, FYI.

I've been told the story about the contents of the video is very inaccurate, FYI.

Thanks for your info, as incomplete as it may be.
Two things come to mind, that the description of the video incorrectly listed actions of LS (such as leaning on the wall, being assisted getting up etc) -or- the condition she or CR was in.

As far as the action part, I do not think inaccuracy matters, as it does not say much about events that were to transpire to LS later.

As far as the condition LS was in, we have several sources, but all rumor based, that speak to the condition LS was in and the description of the video goes along with those descriptions.
As far as the condition CR was in, we have virtually no info rumor or otherwise except the story that his lawyer brought forth that he was assisted by LS and that MB "put him to bed". And many of us speculated that his "memory loss" was likely due to a xanax/alcohol combination. So the only part of this description that I can question (given no other information) is that CR was much more wasted than he is depicted by this person who claims to have seen this video.

Can you give examples or ideas of what you have in mind for greater specificity? And do you think they have a secondary goal? I'm not questioning you, just curious because I don't quite follow. Thanks.

I consider

1. Finding Lauren
2. Finding out what happened

two separate goals.

I feel that the plea goes out to those who can help with #2 perhaps compromising the ability to get info from someone who knows #1.

Because the boyfriend is always a person of interest.

I think it's more than that. His house and car were searched. He submitted to a polygraph. IMO, either JW or his car appears in a video at a time when he claims he was sleeping. LE debunked his alibis for some reason. Alibis cannot be sleeping apparently.

I'm guessing the "flashlight" is a bit of a joke, like detectives walking around with flashlights. I wouldn't take it seriously.

Neither would I take the Adderall reference seriously either. IMHO.

He probably was joking, but it does shed light (no pun intended) on his character. Not only can he laugh at the situation, but he likes to mess with people, i.e., "T."

I guess what I'm saying is that he creeps me out (which means nothing).

TG said that when he tried to interview the 3:38 witness a second time, she would not talk to him. I believe his words were, "Somebody got to her." Perhaps that witness saw something important but it was tipping LE's hand and they didn't want to give any POI's a heads up that they had that information.

I asked Tony what this meant in the last thread, but he either didn't see my post or didn't want to elaborate. It's clear from TG's other posts that LS's friends stopped talking to him(and likely the media altogether), but I thought the 3:38 witness didn't have anything to do with them. On the other hand, if it was LE, you're right, it implies that they were not discounting her story at all. I'm confused by this witness. It seems like a few very simple follow-up questions to her interview could go a long way to clarify her story and clear up some big rumors...

Why did JR allegedly say to LS that if she could get to the corner without stumbling, he would let her go home? How did he know that she had been stumbling earlier? Had someone told him? I realize she might have been stumbling around his apt. but something doesn't add up here.

Maybe LS did not go to JR's when she left CR/MB's place. Maybe she decided to go home and was stumbling along when she encountered the person the 3:38 witness described.

Maybe that person was with an enforcer who instructed him to take LS to JR's and the carrier told JR that LS was stumbling and to take care of her.

As someone mentioned, DD's do not want to be around when someone is OD'ing or in trouble, so the carrier leaves JR with LS, considering it JR's problem.

One thing that has always bothered me is that JR got out of town fast, some reports say the morning of June 3, before he could be questioned by police in person. Is he the POI that LE said they were sure would be available if they needed to question him? Has he fled to Barcelona or Israel so that he cannot be questioned directly?

I never thought more about the stumbling thing than that it might be something common to say to someone who was acting intoxicated or whom you thought might be past "buzzed." I guess I am naive about this, though.

I think it's more than that. His house and car were searched. He submitted to a polygraph. IMO, either JW or his car appears in a video at a time when he claims he was sleeping. LE debunked his alibis for some reason. Alibis cannot be sleeping apparently.

I don't have strong feelings about JW as a suspect, but there is one thing, apart from him sleeping. This was a transitional time for him and LS, whether they were having issues or not. He had just graduated and would probably be looking at employment opportunities or graduate studies, while she would probably remain at IU.

Maybe I'm wrong ... maybe he was looking at graduate studies AT IU. If not, it would have put space between them at some point. If something else was going on, i.e., with LS/CR, that would have added stress to the situation. But we don't know that, obviously.

Why did JR allegedly say to LS that if she could get to the corner without stumbling, he would let her go home? How did he know that she had been stumbling earlier? Had someone told him? I realize she might have been stumbling around his apt. but something doesn't add up here.

I think that (just like MB's story that LS asked him to party and then left for JR's) it's a way of claiming that even if she was intoxicated that night, when she left she was fine -- i.e., mentally and physically capable of getting herself home safely. This would counter the OD rumors and absolve them of responsibility if something happened to Lauren once she left.

I am skeptical of both stories. (JMO)

Imho, JW is primarily a POI because he was the first to realize that LS was missing.

Yes, I think this reaches out to friends who have info to come forward. I think in many scenarios there is not a large number of people who have valuable information to give. Do the Spierers think there was a big party and many people know and are covering. Do the Spierers think maybe a person present has confided in a person not present. ( I can't imagine either of these and thus my confusion) If something happened at 5 North Townhouses it is possible as few as 2 people know. And I think the language of the plea makes it more humiliating for those two individuals to speak up.

JMO

BBM
Considering there are male POI's - many times we've cases where a male confides what he knows to a girlfriend - and then she tell LE....

Since the case involves a young person at a college/university, a lot of students are interested, and then you have the connection to two major states.

Our colleges and universities are becoming more dangerous, and therefore, this case is extremely troubling to middle-aged people (like myself), who have been raised to think of college as a wholly beneficial experience. Parents of teenagers are probably wondering if they should send their children away to study with even the best dorms are plagued by drug trafficking and violence.

I agree. Parents send off their bright, happy, aspiring student to a large university out of state and just less than two years later she disappears after a night out with companions. And there is little forthcoming information from these companions. Another noteworthy fact in this case is that despite this is a large public university, the associates in this situation are not diversifed and multi cultural but rather all people of similar cultural or historic background.
I wonder if this isn't the underlying significance of the Spierers' appeal to moral integrity.

Laugh as you may about particular drugs, especially certain combos.. But they are 100% real, accurate, and used..

The cocaine and LSD stated that they don't go together(or something along those lines) couldnt be more wrong.. They absolutely are used together and even has it's own name of "candy flipping"..

So while some opinions may be that these are not really a possibility so they should be taken with a grain of salt.. The proof is in the fact that these drugs are used and they are used in combination with each other and are so regularly or widely used that they even have their own "names" just as LSD and cocaine taken together has it's own " name "..
Just an FYI..
Candy flipping is LSD and ecstasy, not cocaine. I can't imagine that too many people do LSD and cocaine, those seem like two drugs that really wouldn't mix well.

Also, I think cocaine would probably be more dangerous if it's not cut with something else (I'm not talking about being used in conjunction with another drug, but being adulterated before it's sold). If it's more pure then there's a greater possibility of not realizing you are doing an amount that can cause an overdose. Cocaine always scared me. I did different drugs when I was young but stayed away from stuff that could have lethal consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member