IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is AB?

I know that AB is ZO's roommate but also that he bears an uncanny resemblance to the 3:38 witness that saw a man with a girl slung over his shoulder asking her "do you want to go home?" While LE has discounted this witness due to the time factor not jiving with video from the area, they have not come out and said "it didn't happen."

HT bugs me. She is way too involved with all of these POIs and perhaps the date was an attempt to gain more information or just throw herself into the limelight that she enjoys so much. I have yet to see an ounce of sadness, concern, moreover just a big mouth, speaking on other's behalf (JR), talking about other POIs love of Lauren (JW) and making statements like Lauren made some poor choices that night. Well HT, you know what those choices were apparently. Why don't you enlighten us. Why don't you enlighten us as to why you are dining with an alleged POI?

Does she want to be the hero in all of this? Perhaps "solve" this mystery and collect the reward?

I think LE needs to consider her a POI based on what she knows - which by all acounts is more than what any POI has given away. Put her under the hot light and watch her narcissistic self start playing detective, of course, in a manner that would go in her favor and not leading police to the real suspect in this case. SHE is controlling this case. SHE was the mouth of what went on that night. SHE is no better nor different that the 10 POIs so why isn't she one? She's the roommate - that's a close enough relationship - like, say, the boyfriend?

There's something about that girl that makes my skin crawl. I don't see her helping LE out at all.

I know that AB is ZO's roommate but also that he bears an uncanny resemblance to the 3:38 witness that saw a man with a girl slung over his shoulder asking her "do you want to go home?" While LE has discounted this witness due to the time factor not jiving with video from the area, they have not come out and said "it didn't happen."

HT bugs me. She is way too involved with all of these POIs and perhaps the date was an attempt to gain more information or just throw herself into the limelight that she enjoys so much. I have yet to see an ounce of sadness, concern, moreover just a big mouth, speaking on other's behalf (JR), talking about other POIs love of Lauren (JW) and making statements like Lauren made some poor choices that night. Well HT, you know what those choices were apparently. Why don't you enlighten us. Why don't you enlighten us as to why you are dining with an alleged POI?

Does she want to be the hero in all of this? Perhaps "solve" this mystery and collect the reward?

I think LE needs to consider her a POI based on what she knows - which by all acounts is more than what any POI has given away. Put her under the hot light and watch her narcissistic self start playing detective, of course, in a manner that would go in her favor and not leading police to the real suspect in this case. SHE is controlling this case. SHE was the mouth of what went on that night. SHE is no better nor different that the 10 POIs so why isn't she one? She's the roommate - that's a close enough relationship - like, say, the boyfriend?

There's something about that girl that makes my skin crawl. I don't see her helping LE out at all.

So, you base all that opinion of her just on the way she behaved (not looking upset) during a single TV interview? To the point of "making your skin crawl"? With all due respect, that does not make any sense. Think about it.

So, you base all that opinion of her just on the way she behaved (not looking upset) during a single TV interview? To the point of "making your skin crawl"? With all due respect, that does not make any sense. Think about it.

No. She made several statements at the beginning of this case such as a play by play of Lauren's night, what JR did and saw, what the phone call was about to DR, JW was a loving and caring boyfriend and sleeping, Lauren made some poor choices that night, I could go on. They were all over the media as the POIs didn't say a single word - that information came from HT. Where were you?

I keep forgetting allllll about MB. What u said makes some sense. Ive been trying to figure out how these guys were supposedly soo messed up yet manage to hide a body that has stayed hidden for so long? Without a trace-on the spur of the minute? somebody somewhere had to be thinking somewhat straight((well had they been thinkn straight she wouldnt have disappeared at all).
Im so confused. Theres so many different possibilities its ridiculous.
Ive got to believe LE has way more than they r sharing.
Im glad everyone is still coming here and keeping up with this case. We have some very smart ppl on this site. Thanks everybody!

cspring, I've wondered about MB myself. While it's implied he wasn't messed up that night, he, too, was supposedly at JR's earlier, I believe. Maybe he didn't partake ... since he had papers to write. Or maybe he just didn't partake to the degree the others did.

I found an article from Fox News where MB says CR crashed because he'd been drinking (hence the memory loss?). It also mentions a neighbor who says LS visited JR and CR's apartments. Who is the neighbor and does this imply both visits were after the SW incident? I don't see MB as the neighbor ... since he's CR's roommate, he wouldn't be referred to that way. (http://www.fox59.com/news/bloomingt...rest-in-spierer-case-20110610,0,6882284.story)

I also don't see how any of these guys could hide a body so efficiently. It doesn't fit with Murphy's Law at all! Perhaps LS was quickly removed from the area and left in another place/state, i.e., Indy or MI? MI, for example, has its own lakes, construction zones, and vacant houses. And Indy has similar places, I'm sure.

I used to think the dumpster held the clues, but what if LS herself threw something into the dumpster, hence the dogs hitting on it? I agree that it's all very confusing ... I just wish the landfill search would yield something.

Thanks that was me.
IMOO Some likely differences are these.

With NH perhaps there was a crime before she was hidden. GHB or physical harm.

With LS perhaps the hiding was the crime.

With NH perhaps the POI parent was directly involved with the decision to hide NH.

With LS perhaps the POI parents found out after the fact and there was no turning back.

Let us look at some of the similarity's

The last time NH was seen was getting in a car intoxicated with a guy she hardly knew.

The last time LS was seen was leaving smallwood intoxicated with a guy she hardly knew.

JV lawyers pointed out how well he did in a test at school the following day as proof he could not be involved in foul play the night before.

MB lawyer pointed out how well he did on the paper he was working on that night as proof he could not be involved in foul play.

It was claimed NH was left standing on the beach because she wanted to walk back to her hotel

It is claimed LS was last seen on 11th ave because she wanted to walk back to her apartment.

Someone hid NH body not wanting it to be found

Someone hid LS body not wanting it to be found

Some people did not want to believe JV killed NH because he was this clean cut kid and the son of a judge.

Some people do not want to believe these guys killed LS because they are these clean cut college kids.

I just wonder if LS had befriended three 20 year old construction workers from the construction site across the street from JR's during the school year and been with them that night would so many people be convinced that LS OD and that they panicked or would they suspect something more sinister.

WHAT?!? Wow...

That was my initial reaction as well.
They were spotted at the State Fair.
I recognized them from pictures and news video and then heard AB call out her name twice. She called him by name one time that I heard.
They had no other friends with them at that time...just the two of them.

No (if true of course). What would be so surprising or unusual?

Right...well I used the word "peculiar", and not the words "surprising" or "unusual", but since you brought it up...actually I'm not so surprised at all.

I've never understood how it is that ZO and AB happened to be on the 5th floor of SW at the exact time LS and CR arrived there. If they had been visiting HT then that would help make since of it...ya think?

That seems like a very odd pairing... and perhaps worthy of a hotline tip.

Did you happen to get a photo?

Just did some investigating and they are not even Facebook friends. For them to just meet up in Indianapolis seems QUITE strange. Just supports my previous theory (and many other peoples) that HT knows SOMETHING of importance.

Let us look at some of the similarity's

The last time NH was seen was getting in a car intoxicated with a guy she hardly knew.

The last time LS was seen was leaving smallwood intoxicated with a guy she hardly knew.

JV lawyers pointed out how well he did in a test at school the following day as proof he could not be involved in foul play the night before.

MB lawyer pointed out how well he did on the paper he was working on that night as proof he could not be involved in foul play.

Was this attorney statement reported in the media?

It was claimed NH was left standing on the beach because she wanted to walk back to her hotel

It is claimed LS was last seen on 11th ave because she wanted to walk back to her apartment.

No one stated LS's destination. If JR's report (per HT) is true, then JMO LS may have intended to stop by a girlfriend's place. She was reported to have many girlfriends who live at 10th & College. The Smallwood altercation would probably have upset her, and she would not have wanted to return immediately.

Had there been a series of confrontations at Smallwood? Was there possibly a girlfriend whose place she frequented when feeling uncomfortable at Smallwood? Did she have a girlfriend who kept early rather than late hours, so that LS would expect her to be awake at 4:30 am - 5:00 am? Remember LS did not have her keys or her cell phone.

Someone hid NH body not wanting it to be found

Someone hid LS body not wanting it to be found

We don't really know this statement to be true yet.

Some people did not want to believe JV killed NH because he was this clean cut kid and the son of a judge.

Some people do not want to believe these guys killed LS because they are these clean cut college kids.

Lack of serious criminal history is always held in someone's favor. Generally, criminal activity escalates. The individual commits a small crime and moves on gradually to more and more serious offenses. To move from "drunk in public" to murder/illegal disposal of a corpse is quite a jump.

I just wonder if LS had befriended three 20 year old construction workers from the construction site across the street from JR's during the school year and been with them that night would so many people be convinced that LS OD and that they panicked or would they suspect something more sinister.

Would depend on the past history and known character of the construction workers, and if they had motive to kill LS.

If they had no criminal records that would also count in their favor.

Also, the degree to which they were forthright with info, and their level of helpfulness in trying to find their friend would be weighed.

In this economy, the distinction between "construction worker" and "college student" is not necessarily as clear as you would imply. An acquaintance told me that her son is feeling very frustrated, because having just been graduated from college with a BA, he could only find temporary construction work at the lowest level of hourly pay.

No one stated LS's destination. If JR's report (per HT) is true, then JMO LS may have intended to stop by a girlfriend's place. She was reported to have many girlfriends who live at 10th & College. The Smallwood altercation would probably have upset her, and she would not have wanted to return immediately.

What gives you the impression she may have intended to stop at a girlfriend's place? As far as I know, JR's story is that she said she wanted to go home. I have seen this reported several times...

For example:
She was alone and the male friend was the last person to see her, Parker said.

"The acquaintance watched her walk away, because she said she wanted to go home and he watched her to make sure she was making it all right," Parker said.
http://articles.nydailynews.com/201...afe-return-polygraph-tests-bloomington-police

Originally Posted by phantomthought

Was this attorney statement reported in the media?

I remember seeing that- MB's lawyer stated that he did well on both papers. They even gave his grades (I think a 92 and ?). Sorry can't find the article or video clip.

That was my initial reaction as well.
They were spotted at the State Fair.
I recognized them from pictures and news video and then heard AB call out her name twice. She called him by name one time that I heard.
They had no other friends with them at that time...just the two of them.

They had a much greater chance at anonymity at the fair amongst a gazillion people than in Btown last night. Interesting!

I remember seeing that- MB's lawyer stated that he did well on both papers. They even gave his grades (I think a 92 and ?). Sorry can't find the article or video clip.

I remember reading this also:) Im on my phone-Im not lookin for it.
Everybody is gathering back in town and school is about to start. I am very confidant that we will have more answers about that night and these ppl very soon!
And about HT being a POI-she probably is one-i Dont see why she wouldnt be considering she was with her at 1 point at least that night and she knows all the guys involved. Surely she is a POI(poi-not suspect).

...would anyone else find it a bit peculiar to see HT and AB together on a date in Indianapolis this evening?

I would find that peculiar in part because they are not facebook friends.

What I would find less peculiar is someone making it up.

What gives you the impression she may have intended to stop at a girlfriend's place? As far as I know, JR's story is that she said she wanted to go home. I have seen this reported several times...

For example:
http://articles.nydailynews.com/201...afe-return-polygraph-tests-bloomington-police

Did LS perhaps say that she wanted to go home, when she only wanted to leave? Maybe she didn't want to tell JR exactly where she was thinking of going?

Here is a fuller quote from the same linked article:

Police spokesman Lt. Bill Parker said video footage showed Spierer coming home early Friday morning and then leaving again, allegedly for a male pal's place down the street.

She was alone and the male friend was the last person to see her, Parker said.

"The acquaintance watched her walk away, because she said she wanted to go home and he watched her to make sure she was making it all right," Parker said.

Cops were using polygraph tests during interviews with the man, as well as several other unidentified "associates and acquaintances."

This account is dated June 8th. Omits the role of CR entirely.

JMO: After the Smallwood altercation, from which she & CR fled as if in fear, and given that she had no keys, and given that the girlfriends lived at College & 10th, which she would have to pass by anyway on the way to Smallwood, she would likely have been thinking of stopping in on one of them.

BTW: Tried to check the location at which the bar tender believed she saw LS and a male companion, but that blog is now missing.

BTW: Tried to check the location at which the bar tender believed she saw LS and a male companion, but that blog is now missing.

If it's Tony Gatto's blog, he moved from wordpress to tonygatto.com.

[If this is what you were looking for, the bartender info is in TG's Jun 16 entry. Bar manager saw LS with mystery man at 3:38 am at the corner of 10th St and College Ave.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24