IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to go out on a limb here & say that Jenny don't think the truck is relevant. I'm pretty sure I'm getting that from some of her post. :floorlaugh: Just messing around :loser:

They originally believed it circled the block, but it didn't. LE clearly stated the truck had been eliminated. Unless people think LE is completely incompetent the truck clearly had nothing to do with it. The owner of the truck has been very cooperative and I presume his alibi checked out completely for LE to be able to eliminate it quickly. If it was going to work it must have shown at work at appropriate time.

It would not have had to circle the block to pass by 11th and College, so that makes it even more believable.

The 'bedcover' is more likely a trick of light and the poor quality of the photo. I don't think there is a bedcover that is partially pulled back at all. There isn't a bedcover. This is especially obvious when you compare the two photos of the truck. It's not that it's two different trucks, it's just the lighting and photo quality in pic #2 (the one with the truck's reflection in the glass) make it obvious what we're seeing in pic #1.

As far as what's in the back of the truck.... An upright air compressor would be a possibility.

Viable alternatives are needed. What about somebody who worked at Sports, who observed how wasted LS was and either knew her or CR slightly and where they might be headed? I guess the issue with that is they should show up on camera. Going back to the gravel lot, could someone from Martinsville have been parked there and then got out of town a back way or opposite direction, i.e., not shown up on camera like the white truck did?

Also, if someone else who was partying with them is responsible, he (probably not she) must hold something over one or more POI, like a drug deal. Or he's just one really scary guy.

A Sports employee would definitely be on my "Viable Alternative" list. They wouldn't be on camera if they staked out on College near 11th.

Parking at the gravel lot or along Morton St., north of Tenth and College Village--there would be no problemo getting out of town unseen.

Compare the pictures of the bed of the truck
whitetruckbackend.jpg

whitetruck1.jpg

If the truck was remotely still in play, it would benefit LE to have all eyes out for it, and not keep it quiet.

I'd have to give LE the benefit of the doubt and figure they saw whatever is in the back of the truck in person. That probably helped with them clearing the truck.

And 4:15AM is NOT too early for a contractor to be out. In the warm months they start early and a 5AM start time wouldn't be unusual at all. Considering he's picking someone up and at 4:15AM they are enroute, not at their destination (which AFAIK we don't even know where that is), means they could even be running late.

The 'bedcover' is more likely a trick of light and the poor quality of the photo. I don't think there is a bedcover that is partially pulled back at all. There isn't a bedcover. This is especially obvious when you compare the two photos of the truck. It's not that it's two different trucks, it's just the lighting and photo quality in pic #2 (the one with the truck's reflection in the glass) make it obvious what we're seeing in pic #1.

As far as what's in the back of the truck.... An upright air compressor would be a possibility.

Curious....how do you explain that in one photo in the refelection (the one where I think there's no cover), you can see the black clearly (on top of bed rail), yet in the other photo, the black is overlapped by something clear around (a cover would do this!) ?

My take on the truck is that LE was able to determine where the driver and passenger went after the pick-up and what time they arrived, whether it was to breakfast at a 24-hr place, or straight to a job site, etc...they also stated that they were allowed to examine the truck. I am 99.999% convinced this truck has nothing to do with Lauren's disappearance. JMO

I'd have to give LE the benefit of the doubt and figure they saw whatever is in the back of the truck in person. That probably helped with them clearing the truck.

And 4:15AM is NOT too early for a contractor to be out. In the warm months they start early and a 5AM start time wouldn't be unusual at all. Considering he's picking someone up and at 4:15AM they are enroute, not at their destination (which AFAIK we don't even know where that is), means they could even be running late.

They are prohibited from starting before 8 a.m. around here.

truck2.jpg

33bg8x5.jpg

2wr21w5.jpg

iwq1k4.jpg

From [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6712639&postcount=555"]here[/ame]

BTown -that's creepy, but thanks. Really looks like a person in the back - almost like an ear on the side of a head, as though the person is turned around backward, looking out the rear window.....

A Sports employee would definitely be on my "Viable Alternative" list. They wouldn't be on camera if they staked out on College near 11th.

Parking at the gravel lot or along Morton St., north of Tenth and College Village--there would be no problemo getting out of town unseen.

Maybe somebody at Sports was a supplier ... risky but risk goes with the business. (Or a creeper.) And the gravel lot might have been the way out of town. I'm not so good at following where the cameras are/aren't, but it's possible that someone knew how to avoid them for a reason other than taking LS. For instance, if you were dealing, you'd probably avoid cameras, too. BTW, I always thought LS and CR went to Sports rather late ... maybe just because JR had run out of alcohol (or whatever)?

(snipped). Thank you SO much for these pictures! I have a huge favor, if it's not too much work. Could you please post similar photos of the truck in the shot that was taken from the other angle (refection in the window)? The reason I ask is b/c in that shot, there is clearly something in the back that I do not see in these photos. It's a rounded object which some believe to be a tire. If your enhancement shows it from one camera angle, and not the other, then it's very suspicious to me that someone did in fact remove (or add) a cover at some point during their trip, in between the time the video was shot.

What is not clear to me is why would this person come forward IF it's really a person in the back of his truck? Obviously he'd seen the photos b/c he knew it was him for whom they were searching. He wouldn't know how well they could enhance those shots. Therefore, if he is driving the truck, and he knows that's his buddy in the back with LS, why would he come forward to admit it was him? I'd think that he'd be concerned that they would be able to enhance the photos well enough to see what was going on, unless of course he said, "I didn't have room in the cab b/c of such and such, so when I picked up my buddy, he jumped in the back." If that's the case, then WHY is he on the side towards the front? If you would jumping in the bed of a truck, wouldn't you more likely jump in from the back, rather than side? The fact that he came forward is really the ONLY thing that makes me think LE may be right.

This is the best I could do. I'll continue on it to see if I can get it better. But it does at least show better contrast.

Attachments

• article-2003972-0C94A4F900000578-177_468x325.jpg
    article-2003972-0C94A4F900000578-177_468x325.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 43
Well then it wasn't the same vehicle, because in one picture the truck bed hasn't anything inside it, and in the other there is something back there.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH... IT DOESNT TAKE A ROCKET SCIENTIST TO FIGURE THIS OUT...

There are more than 25,000 yellow cabs in NYC, can we tell the difference?

In San Juan Puerto Rico the last time I was there, every car on the road was a RED Mitsubishi Mirage...

This white truck or a variation seems to be the most popular vehicle in the surrounding area of Bloomington... A simple google search would reveal plenty of certified pre-owned or used white trucks for sale in and around Bloomington.. Just google Wabash Work Trucks where SC Jr. claims to
work via his FB page...

LE should be calling to see how recent some of those trucks were sold to the dealer....

And another major point... It's 2011, most people seek their 15 minutes of fame.. Why hasn't the media tried to find this truck driver and get a statement from them.. Or why hasn't the driver stepped forward get their 15 minutes, and truly clear their name so us suspicious people can rest on the white truck theory...

I don't mind revisiting evidence. It is just hard for me to believe LE would tell such an elaborate lie or make such an elaborate mistakes. Maybe that is just me being naive :p I guess the "story" always made sense to me as well-the truck looks identical to about 1000 trucks around here right now (college town, loads of various construction/landscaping going on), was about the time they start heading out especially during summer, they say they talked to the owner, the owner confirmed his truck, they checked his alibi, and examined the truck.
If they messed that up I am not going to be very happy with LE **cranky** And if they are lying I hope they have an excellent reason for doing so. The only reason I can come up with is that they did identify the owner, think they know who disposed of the body, and lied about this construction man to throw the person off and make him feel safe.

I don't mind revisiting evidence. It is just hard for me to believe LE would tell such an elaborate lie or make such an elaborate mistakes. Maybe that is just me being naive :p I guess the "story" always made sense to me as well-the truck looks identical to about 1000 trucks around here right now (college town, loads of various construction/landscaping going on), was about the time they start heading out especially during summer, they say they talked to the owner, the owner confirmed his truck, they checked his alibi, and examined the truck.
If they messed that up I am not going to be very happy with LE **cranky** And if they are lying I hope they have an excellent reason for doing so. The only reason I can come up with is that they did identify the owner, think they know who disposed of the body, and lied about this construction man to throw the person off and make him feel safe.

That's pretty much my opinion as well, though I can see a person with a part in her hair in the back of the truck in one pic (not sure what I see in the cab yet). It could very well be an illusion, but I understand why the truck is still in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven