IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ONLY evidence that they ever "tried" this course is all just rumors that got woven into entire sagas... personally I am not at all convinced that any effort other than some very indirect comments was ever undertaken.
What we imagine may be quite different than what has actually transpired. I myself have thought all along that the Spierers seemed to be strictly adhering to the wishes of the BPD from the early days, and certainly, directly dealing with the POIs is going to be against the wishes of the BPD.

Ah well, for me I choose to believe the parents public statements which indicate they have tried this method of asking for help. I suppose they could be lying, but at this point I don't have the heart to accuse them of that. Not saying that you do, but I usually err on the side of trusting the family. Perhaps it makes me feel like I am helping them in some way during a very hard time.

MB or his lawyers account has always seamed pretty absurd to me.Your roommate brings a girl home a 3 in the morning and you are going to put him to bed and send the girl on her way?What is this guy a priest.

If MB's roommate came home in such a condition he had to be put to bed, what exactly was MB supposed to do with the girl?

Why, of all things, focus on the phone call? Why not focus on the claim that she left around 4:30 under her own power?

If it was supported by actual evidence that she made the call (such as if she left a voice message) it would have been evidence that she was alive at least at 4:15 am.

MB may be lying about some stuff or involved in some way, but I don't find his initial story that weird. He had papers, it was finals week, his roommate comes home a mess, they dump him in bed, Lauren and him talk for a few minutes, she wants to continue partying, he says no and she walks to their other mutual friend's apartment. Nothing about that seems immediately suspect to me.

Wonder if anyone else is missing in Martinsville. Someone is about to get some closure :(

Isn't Martinsville where all of the hoopla was in June? And maybe something about a possible ping?

Wonder if anyone else is missing in Martinsville. Someone is about to get some closure :(

Martinsville is close enough to Indy that it could very possibly be a missing Indianapolis person. Both Morgan Johnson and Dorothy Heard come to mind.

It's sad, but I too hope for closure for one family soon.

BBM

Just wanted to say your post tickled me. I know this thread is a serious matter, but sometimes a little levity is a good thing.

I can just picture myself (also a college parent) saying "It'll be OK, you can finish your degree in prison! " and me thinking "and I won't have to pay for it". :D

I guess that makes me a bad person.:innocent:

(OT, but we've all heard about people commiting crimes so they can get medical care, wonder if that's been used for education yet? With the skyrocketing costs? aye yai yai!)
In this economy it would not surprise me.

MB or his lawyers account has always seamed pretty absurd to me.Your roommate brings a girl home a 3 in the morning and you are going to put him to bed and send the girl on her way?What is this guy a priest.

Maybe MB is a gentleman.

I can only imagine how her parents' hearts must just sink every time they hear or read something like this. I know that mine does. I am nearly confidant that after all f this time, they won't find LS alive, yet every time I think they may find her, and don't, I still feel a sense of relief. That's odd. At this point, I'd almost think that just finding her body would be healing. The not knowing, must be pure Hell. Every day they don't find her, I agonize for them, yet every day I also am a bit relieved. I know that it's SOoooooo unlikely, but then I think of Elizabeth Smart and others.....

If CR took a polygraph, I would have expected his lawyer to say so, and I don't believe he ever did.

I'm fairly certain it was reported CR took a polygraph test. Whether that came from his attorney, the police, the Herald Times, IDS, Tony Gatto, etc... I just don't remember. But I'm all but certain it has been stated he took a polygraph.

Hopefully someone that remembers the specifics can copy the relevant text from the source(s).

I'm curious what those sources were now considering the family is making comments about him needing to take a polygraph...

I thought it was something fairly official on him taking a LE polygraph and the info came out about the same time we learned JR took a polygraph setup by his atty, not LE.

The part that I question is why he'd let her go on to party at JR's if she was in any way near CR's condition. I'm just not sold on that story, unless it was easier to pass her on to JR since he had his hands full with CR (and his papers). Not priest-like behavior, exactly, though.

That's the problem with every move LS allegedly made: no one stopped her from making the next one, it seems, even if she wasn't in the condition to be moving.

If MB's roommate came home in such a condition he had to be put to bed, what exactly was MB supposed to do with the girl?

My roommate comes home drunk with a girl at 3A.M. I am not involving myself in whatever he has going on and I am giving him as much privacy as possible.So I would not be sitting their to put him to bed and do something with the girl.

It's ALL important...

The truck, what's in the back of the truck, the 4:15 phone call, the lost cell phone, the retrieved cell phone, the location of the keys, the POIs, every video sighting IMO, NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING can or should be ruled out until this girl is found and this crime is solved because we are human, imperfect humans, and sometimes even LE fails to see the trees for the woods and what each piece of the puzzle means to the next. There is an answer. That's why we are all here. So we bring back the truck because some of us believe something doesn't jive with the truck as if it were the sole witness to a crime, the timing, the pictures, the irony. So what does LE do when the case goes cold? they go back to the beginning and see if they missed something. I think they missed more than one thing, not purposeful, but because we are human and at the time, our attention was elsewhere.

Well, I think the story is (according to MB) that CR was not just drunk, but basically unconscious. Like, needed help in the door and that Lauren was a lot more coherent and probably said hey, CR got punched he is really out of it etc. Lauren and MB also knew each other so it wouldn't be like a random stranger girl and him slinking in together.

Of course, everything hinges on whether MB is telling the truth and CR/LS were in the states of intoxication that he stated they were.

Regarding RS focus on the 4:15 call...as Jjenny said above as well as a way to start applying pressure. They are in effect saying we're onto you. I feel strongly that he would not make that statement without proof of a ping or something like that.

Also, someone with More experience can answer this but isn't the FBI advising or at least giving the parents options in terms of what strategies are recommended at certain stages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther