IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have to take a heart pill tonight! :woohoo:

I can't view the video on my phone. New pc is on it's way. Is JR on camera?

He's either speaking in riddles or sub-standard English or he's intentionally obfuscating.

Maybe he has only spoken to the spierer's through voyles.

And yes, it would seem that JW is back, especially given the statement by his advisor the other day--or whoever that academic rep was.

He's either speaking in riddles or sub-standard English or he's intentionally obfuscating.

And yes, it would seem that JW is back, especially given the statement by his advisor the other day--or whoever that academic rep was.

He is.

Yes he's on camera - very aggressive Fox reporter chasing him while he is on his cell phone. He gets into his car and just before he pulls out he opens the window a crack and answers that he has spoken to the parents privately and that no one wants him to talk in order to protect the case. He refuses to answer any of the reporters questions. He never really talks straight to the camera or anything, and it is obvious that he really doesn't want to answer any questions. But she got him to talk... (will they have to rename that website now? JRNTo Say More sounds catchy...) Hmm.

I am wondering if there will be a response from Lauren's parents about how JR says he has met with them privately and that "nobody" wants him to talk about "the case."

An interesting tidbit that I don't remember hearing before, from today's IDS insert written by the Spierers:

???? We know that she left her cell phone at the bar so I am not sure what the family is trying to imply there???

Interesting, if it is correctly quoted, that JR says "I talk with them privately." Makes it sound like it occurs on an ongoing basis. And privately means without LE or Voyles does it not? He did say a lot with those few words. He gives the impression that he is willing. But all is contrary to CS. It was less than two weeks ago that she and RS stood at 11th and college and she pretty much called out JR. Apparently he's talked and she does not believe him.

or... he spoke with them at the very beginning and hasn't talked again.

or... he spoke with them at the very beginning and hasn't talked again.

Then he should say or he would have been quoted as saying "talked" as in past tense. But you bring up a good point. He probably did that before he left town. That does not count IMO.

I cannot begin to believe that JRs attorney would allow him to speak privately with LS parents. At any time.

Then he should say or he would have been quoted as saying "talked" as in past tense. But you bring up a good point. He probably did that before he left town. That does not count IMO.

I know it counts if he told them everything and he told the truth. Big "but" follows that in my mind.

I cannot begin to believe that JRs attorney would allow him to speak privately with LS parents. At any time.

I know, this is why that one word "talk" is so significant if it's correct. Did you hear it? Can you listen again?

Good luck & be safe! Hope you have power back by now.

I think that late 20s people (my age) still do dates sometimes, but I agree in college ...nah.

Thank you! Not yet, but hopefully in a day or so. We are ok, though ... trees/wires down around us but no flooding!

The info about dating/relationships/hooking up is definitely useful. I've talked to both my kids (older teens) about what could have happened to LS ... while I'd like to think they won't/don't party, I'm not naive, either. I can't see her story ending well, but I'd like to think we can at least learn from it, which I know the Spierers would want.

I am so shocked he returned. Like, stunned. I am not sure how that changes how I feel. I would also like to know what he meant by I talk to them privately especially since they spoke to the Mom and the Mom didn't respond. It seemed like creative editing so I wonder if the I talk with them privately meant LE?

I am also confused by the timeline now.

I am so shocked he returned. Like, stunned. I am not sure how that changes how I feel. I would also like to know what he meant by I talk to them privately especially since they spoke to the Mom and the Mom didn't respond. It seemed like creative editing so I wonder if the I talk with them privately meant LE?

I am also confused by the timeline now.

bbm - didn't seem like that to me at all, are you saying they edited the video?

I'm not shocked they returned to campus. I really do not believe any of them had anything to do with lauren's disappearance. in order to prevent themselves from being victims of a police dept that wants only to convict someone, they wisely hired lawyers.

the cops obviously have nothing on the boys and they botched the investigation by focusing on them so it is convenient for people to blame the boys for slowing an investigation by not talking, which they have every right not to do.

???? We know that she left her cell phone at the bar so I am not sure what the family is trying to imply there???

Maybe I'm stretching (I think the only site where we keep it real) but I think it's a clue to us. To us, that are seriously interested in finding Lauren. I can't think straight tonight, anyone have any ideas they'd like to share about the "clue"? She's trying to say something without saying anything. Let's figure it out.

Maybe she's saying that between the time of SW and JR's and Kilroy's is where this happened, being inebriated and such. Did someone put something in her drink.... It came on relatively fast.

...I'm not proud of my English comp tonight, I have no idea why I can't write!!:banghead:

bbm - didn't seem like that to me at all, are you saying they edited the video?

It would be a lot more clear if we heard the question he was responding to and not what the voiceover narration tells us he is responding to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shyanne